Status: Wedding Special and Sequel will be out soon!!

My College Roommate is a… Jonas!?!

Will it be too Late?

Four Years Later
Joe’s P.O.V

The last four years had been miserable, my family’s all mad at me for letting go of the greatest thing that had ever happened to me. The worst one was Frankie, every time I looked into his eyes, I could see the disappointment flowing through him. He wanted Billie and I to marry, he wanted her to be a member – an official member – of our family. Not that I could blame him, because I wanted that too, but I knew that I had blown my shot. For all I knew she was married already – not that I wanted that to be true, in fact I am sure that Frankie would have said something to me, if she was. Although one could never be sure after all it has been four years since I last saw her.

I knew that Kevin was still in touch with her; in fact I had heard that he and Dani, his wife, lived in the same town as Billie. I missed her, I needed her. I let something stupid come in-between us, and now I am paying for it with my own loneliness. I walked into my empty apartment just looking around. I was sick of the place, and it was then that I decided to get out. I hadn’t seen Kevin in a while. So I grabbed my keys and left the dreadful place.
Several hours later I was standing in front of Kevin’s house. I walked up to the door and quickly knocked. The door was soon answered and a shocked Kevin was looking at me with Lucy – my niece –, a diaper bag, and his keys in hand.

“Joe,” he said seeming glad to see me.

“Hey, were you headed out?” I asked looking at the things in his hand.

“Just the doctors, but you’re welcome to come,” he offered. I nodded not having anywhere else to go and followed my brother to his car.

“So is this for you, or Luce?” I asked looking back at my niece.

“Lucy,” I looked at him in confusion. Was there something wrong with her? “I don’t have an actual appointment. I usually just show up,” Kevin explained.

“And the doctors are okay with that?” I questioned curious about this doctor.

“Billie would do anything for Lucy,” Kevin said, his eyes suddenly going wide at what he had just said.

“Billie?” I hadn’t heard her name spoken out loud in a long time.

“Well yeah, she’s a pediatrician now…”

“I thought she wanted to go into a specialty?” I asked clearly confused.

“Her father convinced her otherwise. He wanted to open a practice with her, but Billie said she wanted to do things on her own, and opened one here. She and Dani get along great,” Kevin said pulling into a parking lot. I looked up at the simple building and wondered what window she might be hiding in.

“Why wasn’t she at the wedding?” I asked a little confused.

“She was, Dani wanted her for a bridesmaid, but Billie worried about running into yo… people,” he amended, “so she just came for the ceremony and left as soon as she offered her congratulations. Listen please don’t start anything. It took everything I could to get her to move here, I don’t want her leaving okay. Frankie would be crushed if she was gone, whenever he comes to visit.”

“I swear, she won’t even have to see me,” I promised looking at the floor of the car. Kevin nodded and walked out getting Lucy. I quickly followed him into the building and watched as he walked up to the desk.

“Marcy, you look better and better every time,” he said to an elderly looking receptionist. She giggled. “Is Billie in?” he then questioned.

“Yes, wait till the next people come out, and she will be all yours,” Marcy said with a nod. Kevin thanked her and smile.

“Will you stay here with Lucy while I talk to Billie?” Kevin asked me as we took seats in some chairs.

“Sure,” I agreed knowing it was best. Kevin thanked me, we both watched as a little girl came out of the door. She had a Band-Aid on her arm, but she seemed happy. “Billie must be a great doctor,” I commented watching the little girl leave with her mom.

“You have no idea. She has such a way with the kids, it’s amazing,” Kevin said with a proud smile on his face. Then Kevin got a nod from Marcy and he got up and walked through the door. He came back a few moments later. “If you change your mind, we’re in two,” Kevin said softly picking his daughter out of my arms. I nodded, not really sure about what I should do. I sat there for a minute or two before a man entered the room.

“Blake, I am sorry but Dr. Johnson is busy at the moment,” Marcy said frowning at the man.

“Marcy, she’s not returning my calls, what else am I supposed to do?” the man said, seeming desperate. It was then that I decided I had to see her, had to speak to her at least one more time. I had to somehow let her know that I still loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope you all will enjoy this chapter, and the next chapter will be even better... I know you will love it!!!