Don't Pay Attention

Flashbacks

"Jasey Rae. Jasey Rae. Wake up honey." I was gently begin shooken awake. For a moment, I thought leaving camp was all I dream and I was being woken up by Brogan after we had falled asleep on the pier. I fluttered my eyes open, and it was just mom. I gave an upsetting sigh. She frowned at me. "Am I not the person you were expecting to see whn you woke up?" she asked me. "No." I said angrily and got out of the car slamming the door behind me. I wasn't sure where we were untill I stepped outside. We were home. I grabbed my guitar and nothing else out of the trunk of the car and headed inside. There were boxes everywhere. I set my guitar down in my bedroom and came back into the kitchen where mom was sitting at the table with a mountain dew for me and her. "So. Tell me about camp." she said as I settled down at the table. I spilled my guts. I told her everything. I told her about soccer, the talent show, Nick, and most importantly...Brogan. Telling the stories about him made me laugh, smile, and make my eyes water. "Well, Brogan sounds like such a sweetheart. I can understand why you are missing him so much." Mom said sympathetically. I looked down at the hem of my white dress and played with a string on the end of it. I then pretended to get a smudge off my boots just to avoid my mothers gaze.

"Jasey Rae, I have a surprise you you." I perked up. "What is it?" I asked. She just told me to get in the car. We drove through town for about 15 minutes before coming up to a chevy car dealership. I smashed my hands and face against the window. "No way!! Mom!! You're kidding?!" Mom shook her head and pulled into the dealership. I squealed. I was practically bouncing in my seat. We got out of the car and was greeted by a rather tall man with brown spikey hair (I found out later that his name was Dan) "Oh. Mrs Daughtry. You're back." Dan said shaking her hand. "Back?" I asked. "Yes. And I have my daughter this time." She said. I was getting rather antsy. "Dan Walters, Chevy Dealership Goldsboro North Carolina." He said. I shook his hand. "Jasey Rae Daughtry, musician, soon to be Salt Lake City Utah." I said jokingly. Dan and mom laughed as we started to walk. I was looking at some rather hot cars when we finally rounded the corner and I was face to face with a 2010 yellow Chevy Camaro. "I-Is it mine?" I asked, eyes and mouth wide open. Mom nodded her head and Dan dangled a pair of keys in his hand. I grabbed the keys, screamed, and hugged my mom. In my excitement, I even hugged Dan. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" I said inspecting my car. It had the black racing stripes just like Bumblebee in the Transformers movie. The liscense plate said 'JASEYRAE'. I looked on the back of the car and it had an autobots symbol on it. "This is CRAZY!" I exclaimed. "Mom! It's perfect! I can't believe it! But why?" I asked. "Well, I figured since you are staring out somewhere new, you need a car to show off. And besides, I know you don't want me to drive you to and from parties." Mom said winking at me. "Well Jase, how about we go for lunch and you can test drive that baby. Lets go to Olive Garden. That's a good hour away." I threw my hands up in the air and wooed! I opened my car door and slid in. It had black cloth interior. I put the key in the ignition and it roared to life. I even reved the engine a little bit. I giggled.

I ran my hands over the steering wheel and looked at my radio. It said I had a CD in there. I hit play and the first song was Jasey Rae by All Time Low. Mom must have made me a mix. I pulled my raybans out of my purse and rolled down the windows. Mom was long gone out of the parking lot. I cranked up my radio and jammed down the streets. At stoplights, I would get whistles and yells from people telling me they liked my car. My favorite songs were all on the CD. My mom was too great. I was almost to Olive Garden when the song Two is Better than One came on. My mind flashed back to the night I met Brogan.

"I heard some girl pplaying guitar today but I didn't get a good look at her. So if you're listening, this is for you Mystery girl."

Brogans voice rang out in my head. I began to sing the song, but only the Taylor Swift parts though. The song was over and I found myself going 90 mph on the highway. I guess I had begun to go faster to try to get my mind off of Brogan. The CD went quiet for a bit and I wen to turn it off when a familiar acoustic melody began. "Oh no." I whispered. My hands began to shake and my eyes teared up.

"I open my lungs dear. I sing this song at funnerals no rush.." The song sang out. I couldn't help it. Another flashback of Brogan hit my mind like a ton of bricks.

"This week, I have met someone special." Brogan began. "And I really want to play this song for her. It's called Morticians Daughter by Black Veil Brides. This is for you Jasey Rae."

I couldn't take this anymore. I pulled into the parking lot and leaned my head on the steering wheel and cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH!
cry cry cry
Two chapters left
:)