Don't Pay Attention

Goodbye North Carolina, Hello Salt Lake City Utah

Today was the day. The day we are leaving. The girls and some of my other friends had stopped by to say their goodbyes the night before. As much as I was sad to go, I was also excited to be going somewhere new. "Don't forget Jasey, our phones will be deactivated in an hour." Mom said shutting the trunk of the car. "Well, that's it. Say goodbye Jasey Rae." Mom said. I stared at my house and sat down on the porch steps. I had to tell Brogan about my phone.

Brogan, my phone will be deactivated here soon due to the fact we are switching plans for the move today. I won't have one for another week or so. I'll talk to you then. <3 Jasey

Good luck with your move. You'll be wonderful where ever you are. Just be yourself. Talk to you soon <3 Brogan.

I sighed and turned my phone off. "Ready to go honey?" Mom asked putting her arm around my shoulder. I nodded and got in my camaro. I set my GPS for my new adress in Salt Lake City. Mom tapped on my window and I rolled it down. "Have a safe trip honey. I'll see you in Utah." she kissed my forehead. I sat there in the parking lot untill she was out of sight. I hit play on my CD player and heard Brogans voice. It was relaxing to me.

"Hey Jasey Rae. I made this for you. I hope you like it. I miss you!"

I had a CD of about 15 tracks that Brogan had recorded plus some covers he did. One of the songs that stood out the most was the song Skylights. It was recorded full band instead of just acoustic like the others. I backed out of the parking lot and started my journey to my new home.

I didn't stop often. Only to get gas, some cafeine and to pee. I didn't eat. I was too nervous/excited. After eight hours of almost straight driving, I finally arrived at my new house. It was big and white. The traditional American home. I smiled and walked through the front door. The movers already moved our big furniture into the house. We shipped that over night so it could be ready for us when we got there. I traveled upstairs to the bedroom all the wayat the end of the hallway; my room. It was big. A lot bigger than my last room. I went back downstairs to get my boxes that I had left in my car. I put them down in my bedroom and layed on the couch downstairs untill mom got home. It was about seven pm when mom got here. "Hey Jase." she said unhooking Dixie from her leash to let her sniff around. "How long have you been here?" I looked at the clock. Turns out I ended up taking a nap. "Uhmm, about two hours. And I even have like all of my stuff out of my car in my bedroom already" Mom looked at me worried. "Jasey Rae! Did you fly here?! Just because I get you a camaro, it doesn't mean you have to be a speed demon!" "Mom! Mom!" I said cutting her off. "I didn't fly. I just didn't stop except to get gas." Mom grabbed her heart. "Whew okay. I almost had to take away your car." she said. My eyes gre wide. "Oh please don't do that." I said. She laughed. "Ok, c'mon, lets go out and see what resteraunts they have." I grabbed my car keys and we hopped into my car. I clicked on neraby resteraunts on my GPS and it showed the options. My GPS even had a robot voice setting so it kind of sounded like a transformer when it read stuff. "Ok. We have, KFC, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback, Milos Italian..." I stopped reading off the resteraunt names and looked at mom. "Oh! mom! please please please! Italian food." I begged. she nodded and we headed off to get some Italian food.

We were talking and searching through some radio stations to find some good ones. We sang for a little bit untill I heard a certain song. "What the hell?" I said. "Whats wrong Jasey Rae?" mom asked concerned. "J-J-Just listen" I said cranking up the radio. I just stared at the road. I couldnt comprehend what I was hearing. The song ended and I turned the radio off. "Honey, whats wrong?" I was shaking. I choked on the words I was trying to say. "I-I-I-It's..." I couldnt say it. "C;mon. What is it?" Mom begged. "Brogan..." I whispered. "Jasey, thats impossible." Mom said. "That song. It's called Skylights. And it is one of Brogans original songs." I said. "Jasey, I know you miss him, but that wasn't Brogan on the radio. It's impossible." Mom repeated. "No Mom! ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. And I would know Brogans voice from a million miles away. TRUST ME." I was getting frusterated. I hit the play button on my CD player and changed it track number 8. The song Skylights filled my car again. "This is the CD Brogan made me Mom. Still don't believe me." Mom stared at my CD player in shock. "I believe you honey. I just don't know what to say." I shook my head. "I don't either mom. I dont either." I was dizzy and confused and I needed to talk to Brogan more than anything right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA! One chapter left
Then the sequel :)
Comments!