Status: Active

Love Is Our Destiny

Chapter Five: It's Broken

I sat on the wall smoking a cigarette when David came up to me looking down at me.

“You know smoking is really bad for you.”

I nodded “I know but,” I took another drag, “I’m stressed, finals are soon.”

“Not an excuse to smoke.”

“I know, it just relieves me.”

He took the cigarette from my fingers and put it on the ground stamping on it with his foot “Now you don’t have an excuse.”

“I have more.”

“Don’t you dare get anymore out.”

I laughed looking down “Don’t worry, I won’t.” I looked back up and looked at him not realizing how close his face was.

He smiled “Good.”

I looked at his face and gulped. Our faces were really close and I was scared at what was going to happen. He leaned forward slightly and our lips touched in the sweetest of kisses. He pushed slightly harder making me gasp. I put my hand on the side of his neck when he got shoved away. I opened my eyes and saw Jared glaring at him, clenching his fists. I gulped and stood up standing in front of him.

“Don’t hurt him. It wasn’t his fault, it was mine!”

He looked at me “You’re a slut!”

I shook my head “N-No I’m not…”

Jared pushed past me and grabbed David pinning him against the wall. He punched him and David’s lip started to bleed.

“Ok man, I’m sorry, stop hitting me.”

“Jared! Stop it!”

“Jess! Shut up!”

“No!” I tried grabbing him but he only punched David again. He was probably going to have a black eye in the morning.

“Jared! Let him go!”

He scowled “Don’t you dare touch my girlfriend again!”

“It just happened!”

Jared laughed “Yeah right!”

“IT DID!”

Jared dropped him making David land on his arm. David gasped and held his arm getting up.

“You’re an asshole Jared!”

“Oh so now you’re sticking up for him?”

“It’s not like that!”

“First you kiss him and now you stick up for him?!”

“I said it’s not like that and it isn’t!”

“It fucking is!”

“No its not and you know it!”

Jared scowled and stalked off. I ran over to David and looked at him.

“I’m so sorry, are you ok?”

He shrugged “My arm just hurts.”

“I should take you to the nurses’ office to get checked out.”

“Yeah…maybe you should.”

I put my hand on his cheek “I’m so sorry…”

“It’s not your fault.”

He sighed and started walking off towards the nurses’ office. I followed him wanting to know that he’d be ok. We got to her office and David knocked on the door.

“Come…”

David and I entered as the nurse looked at us “What’s the problem?”

“I hurt my arm, I don’t know if it’s broken.”

She nodded “Sit down on the chair David…” She knew him because he visited her a lot because he couldn’t cope with his parents getting divorced so he slit his wrists. The nurse walked over to him after he sat down, she put her hands under his elbow.

“Can you move it?”

David tried moving it but I saw he was in pain “No mam.”

She nodded feeling the bones in his arm, when she pressed against a certain one David groaned.

“It’s broken; you need a trip to the hospital.”

David nodded “Ok, can I have a note please to be excused?”

The nurse nodded as I interrupted “I have to go with him!”

David looked at me “It’s alright, I’ll phone my mom.”

“No, I’m coming!”

David sighed and looked at the nurse “Can we have a note then please mam.”

The nurse nodded and got out a pen writing down some words on the tiny pad she had. She ripped it off and handed it to David.

“Thank you.” With that said David and I exited the nurses’ office and towards the entrance as we made our way to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated after forever!!!