Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Thirteen

Katrina was shocked to say the least. Never did she expect that she would be here, in her apartment when she was supposed to be in Chicago. “Not happy to see me?”

“More surprised than anything.” Katrina admitted.

“It’s not like I can play tomorrow or anything and when I heard about what you’ve been up to, well I had to see what was going on with you.”

“Excuse me?” Katrina asked. “There’s nothing going on with me.”

“So why’d he call me and tell me otherwise?”

“Who called you?”

“Hank.”

Walking away from Shannon, Katrina walked into her room and found a new outfit to wear. She knew she couldn’t go and yell at him wearing the same outfit she wore last night. No, that would add more fuel to his fire and there was no way he had any right to be pissed off at her. Putting on a pair of jeans and a New York Freedom logo shirt, she sat on her bed where Checkers was laying on the pillow. Slipping on a pair of sneakers, she tied them before throwing her hair up into a messy ponytail. Grabbing her bag, she walked out of her room and passed Shannon who was watching TV and grabbed her keys and left again. Only this time, her anger was going to get the best of her, especially when she didn’t do anything wrong. How could he pull this shit on her?

After the cab ride to his apartment, Katrina flashed a smile to the door man as he allowed her inside. The elevator ride up to Hank’s place seemed to take longer than it had the last time she came over with a surprise visit. That had been the last surprise visit she gave him until now. This one was unavoidable. Getting off the elevator, Katrina made her way to Hank’s door and started to pound on it. Stopping for a few seconds, she could hear something move. Biting her bottom lip she took a deep breath and released it before starting to pound on the door once again. When the door opened Hank was in a pair of jeans and a white shirt with a look of surprise on his face.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?”

“Kitty….” Hank sighed.

“Don’t Kitty me, Henrik Lundqvist,” Katrina told him. “I get home to find Shannon in my apartment. You fucking called her for no fucking reason. You got her worried over nothing.”

Grabbing her arm, Hank pulled her into the apartment so that his neighbors wouldn’t come out to see their argument. He didn’t want Katrina to scream at him while standing in the hallway; no if she was in his place then at least he had a chance to get a word or two in.

“What were you fucking thinking?” Hank yelled at her as she pulled her arm out of his grasp. “To leave with that man-whore!”

“Oh that’s rich coming from you!” Katrina yelled back at him. “Who did you go home with? The blonde or the brunette? No, wait. Don’t tell me, you left with both of them.”

“Neither.”

“Well that’s something different for you,” she told him as she crossed her arms over her chest. “I swear to you Hank, you will live to regret calling Shannon if you ever do it again. She might not have known what has gone down, but once I get back to my place she will and I don’t think she’ll be siding with the likes of you.”

“Do you have any idea what you do to me?” Hank asked as he raised his voice.

“You mean besides give you a hard on?”

“You drive me insane!” he told her ignoring the last thing that came out of her mouth. He wasn’t about to admit how true that was. She did things to him that no other woman he’d been with did. “You can’t do it anymore.”

“Do what?” Katrina asked. “Go out and have fun while I can?”

“No more of these guys.”

“You can’t have your cake and eat it too, Hank.” She told him as she glared at him.

“Come on, Kitty….” He said as he walked towards.

For a second he thought she would move, but she didn’t. She was standing her ground.

“Your cake is walking out the door,” Katrina said as she headed for the door. “And who I sleep with is my own business. So stay the fuck out of it! You gave up the chance to have me for yourself, so if anyone is to blame, look in your mirror!”

As she walked passed him, he blinked in surprise. Turning he took two steps and grabbed her wrist and brought her close to him before and placing his lips on hers. Katrina was shocked. Hank was kissing her? His hands moved to her hips just like he used to right before things would get carried away and they would end up having sex. And it was never one and done, it was always multiple times. Her body shivered as she started feeling something she shouldn’t. She wanted to kiss him back, but she didn’t. When he stopped the kiss, he looked into her eyes.

Her hand connecting with the side of his face, showed how Katrina truly felt. “I’m not one of your whores!”

“You know how much you mean to me, Kitty.”

Breaking away from him, she shook her head and made her way to the door once again. “Call me when you grow up.” With those final words she was gone. Leaving his apartment in the same way she came. Pissed off.

Two hours after leaving Hank’s place, Katrina made her way home. She had to clear her head. She ended up back at the hotel she had spent the night and the morning at. Luckily for her, Jordan was still there. And when she asked him to make her forget Hank, he was more than happy to oblige. Walking through her apartment door, Katrina saw Shannon with one of her favorite movies on.

“Hey,” Katrina said. “I think we need to talk.”

Shannon paused the movie before looking at her friend with a sad smile. “No we don’t.”

“The thing with Hank is complicated,” Katrina said. “Well it was.”

“He’s a dumbass,” Shannon said. When she saw the confusion on Katrina’s face she continued. “Your friend Sam came by to drop your shirt off and she told me what happened. Everything up until she couldn’t find you at the club last night.”

“Marc’s brother and I left together and headed to his hotel. That’s where I went last night.”

“Katrina, you aren’t that kind of girl,” Shannon said as she watched Katrina walk over and sit on the recliner and shortly after Checkers jumped into her lap. “And just because Hank is a moron, doesn’t mean you have to sink to that level. You don’t want to lead Marc’s brother on, do you?”

“Trust me Shannon, Jordan and I had an understanding before we did anything.”

“And how drunk were the two of you?” She asked.

“Tipsy, but we knew exactly what we were doing,” Katrina smirked. “He knew exactly what he was doing.”

“Oh god,” Shannon said. “I really don’t want to hear it.”

“But if it were Hank,” Katrina said as she lost the smile on her face. “Would you want to know?”

“Absolutely not!” Shannon shouted. “What you do with these men is your business. Just don’t fall for one that can’t give you what you want.”

“And do I want?” Katrina asked.

“Hank’s heart.”

“Hank’s heart?” she asked.

“You fell fast,” Shannon said. “And you fell hard, didn’t you?”

Katrina nodded her head. “It doesn’t matter now, ‘cause I can’t even see us being friends at this point.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah,” Katrina said. “He needs to grow up and realize he can’t have it his way all the time and not expect me to move on. He has no right to act like I cheated on him!”

“He was jealous?” Shannon asked.

“Yeah,” Katrina nodded. “I went over to his place and gave him a piece of my mind. “And he told me that he doesn’t want me to see any other guy. Can you believe him?”

“Men are jealous by nature.”

“He kissed me.”

“Well I figured you did at some point.”

“No I mean earlier at his apartment, then I said something and stormed out,” Katrina said. “But the problem was I really wanted to kiss him back.”

“Is he really that good?”

“He’s amazing at it,” Katrina said as she looked down at Checkers. “You know what was really good with Hank? Besides the sex.”

“What?”

“He made me feel special when it was just the two of us. It was like no one else existed. It was something no one else has made me feel before,” Katrina admitted. “I knew things were too good to last with him.”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s way too good looking to be with me.”

“Have you looked in a mirror lately?” Shannon laughed. “Most days you don’t look half bad, ya know. Today is an exception.”

Katrina bit her lip as she smiled and looked down at Checkers and pet her.

“Please tell me you didn’t have sex with him.”

“Sex with Hank?” Katrina asked. “No, but I did go back to the hotel and Jordan was there and he made me forget again.”

“Forget what?”

“Having sex with Jordan was all about the sex and I’m honestly okay with that. It made me forget for some time that I lost one of the greatest friends. I miss Brittany and now with this shit with Hank, I needed the release and Jordan gave it to me.”

“This wouldn’t have happened if you were still with us.”

“I wouldn’t know Sam either if I was still in Los Angeles. As much as I miss it, I’m starting to consider New York home.”

“I wish you were with us still.”

“I miss the team and playing with you guys,” Katrina admitted. “But things happen for a reason right? That’s what you told me.”

Shannon laughed before putting the movie back on. Although she’d have to leave soon to head back to Chicago, Shannon knew Katrina would be okay. She wasn’t as lonely as she had thought. It was a good thing to see. Now only if she could get what she truly deserved then things might have been worth her leaving Los Angeles for New York. And Shannon really hoped that it was worth it. Katrina was one of those rare girls that invested more into others than herself so that everyone else was happy. She deserved the happiness as much as the next person. If things didn’t come together soon, Shannon knew she’d have to take matters into her own hands even if Katrina didn’t want that. But what she didn’t know, wouldn’t harm her right?
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but there it is. Hope you enjoy it.