Status: Finished!

Your Eyes Tell Me What I Need to Know

Twenty-Seven

Rubbing her stomach as she sat on the couch with the snack Hank had made her before grabbing his laptop and showing her themes that he wanted to do for the baby's room. Hank had wanted to do a whole hockey room, but she had shot that down when he refused to compromise on half hockey and half soccer. So now they were back to square one on both the baby's name and his room. Looking at the computer screen, Katrina scrunched her face up in disgust. “Absolutely not.”

“What's wrong with clowns?”

“I'm spending time in that room and I hate clowns, so no.”

Hank didn't say anything as he leaned over and kissed the side of her mouth. “You're one picky woman.”

“I'm just saying that this room needs to be amazing and clowns are scary and don't show anything but how to scare a child.”

“You're scared of clowns?”

“Next theme please,” Katrina requested as she dipped the sour cream and onion chip into the ketchup. Looking at the themes, she just let out a sigh. “These just aren't working and I know you agree with me.”

“I'd kiss you, but I know what you just ate.”

Slapping his thigh, Katrina placed the plate that she had her snack on. “Kissing is what got us into this place.”

“No, kissing wasn't how this happened,” Hank told her as he placed his hand on her stomach. Leaving his hand there for a minute he smiled feeling his son kick his hand. “Sex made this happen. But I'm glad you didn't give up on me.”

“I love you Hank and there is no changing that,” Katrina smiled at him. “Do you think he likes me?”

“Kitty, you don't need him to like you,” Hank told her. “He sees how happy I am with you and he's glad that I’ve found someone.”

“Its just that he's a big part of your life and I want him to like me. I don't want to be one of those people who can't get along with their husband's family.”

“You have nothing to worry about,” he smiled, taking her hand in his. “Joel adores you.”

“Are you sure that he doesn't want to come with us tomorrow? I feel bad that we have to go all around and get everything tomorrow and leave him here.”

“We'll leave him your car,” Hank told her. “That way if he wants to leave then he can.”

“So that means that we are taking your car then?”

“It has more space,” Hank reasoned with her. “That way me and Joel can put the stuff together before he gets here. It won't be too long now.”

“Trust me I know,” Katrina said. “He's been kicking me so much lately that I can barely sleep.”

“I know,” Hank laughed. “You aren't exactly quiet when you can't sleep.”

“I'm huge and I take up half the bed, so it really isn't that big of a surprise.”

“I'm gonna get him up and go pick up some food. Do you want anything?”

Moving to get off the couch, Hank got up to help her stand up. “Do you have to go right now?”

“Did you have some other idea?” he asked moving her hair from her face. Looking at her as she smiled and bit down gently on her lip before looking into his eyes. “No sex.”

The smile dropped from her face. “Hank...”

“Doctor's orders. You're too close to your due date, Kitty.”

“Ten days. Will you at least lay down with me for a while?” she asked as she started walking towards their bedroom. “I'm gonna take a nap. Baby boy is napping and maybe mommy can get some sleep and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for daddy to catch some sleep. He looks like he's getting bags under his eyes.”

“You aren't funny, Kitty,” Hank said as he followed her to the bedroom. Seeing her take off her clothes, Hank felt himself start to get hard. Throughout her entire pregnancy they still had an active sex life until the doctor told them no more. He had taken it rather well, but Katrina hadn't. Watching as she slipped on her maternity pants before taking her shirt and pulling it on over her head and tugging it down over her belly. “You look beautiful.”

Smiling over at him, she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Without Hank watching her, she closed the lid of the toilet and just sat down. Taking a deep breath, she clutched at her stomach. The pain she felt wasn't like her son was kicking her, it was more intense. Talking with the woman from the birthing class that she and Hank had finished just last week. There was no sign that her water had broke, but there was just something that was different about it. Closing her eyes, Katrina took in a long breath and slowly let it out.

Hearing the knock on the bathroom door, she opened her eyes. “Kitty? Are you alright?”

Before she could answer him, he opened the door and walked in closing the door behind him. Kneeling down in front of her, he placed his hand on the side of her face. Seeing the look in her eyes had him worried. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Kitty...”

“I have this pain and its not the baby kicking me.”

“C'mon, let's go to the hospital.”

“No,” Katrina shook her head. “My last appointment said that I was only one centimeter. I think the baby sense how stressed I am that his room isn't done and that he doesn't have a name yet.”

“Kitty....”

“No, I'm fine Hank,” Katrina said, using his shoulders to stand up. “I just need to lay down for awhile. We have the doctor appointment tomorrow, so if I still don't feel good then we'll find out. It isn't as bad right now.”

Standing up, he walked with her into their bedroom. As she laid down, he was next to her talking softly to their baby as she fell asleep.

Leaving around eight in the morning, Hank left a note for Joel upon Katrina's request. They were getting the baby crib and a bassinet for their room for when they were able to bring him home. The rocking chair that Katrina had ordered online would be there tomorrow. Getting out of the car, they made their way to their doctor's appointment.

After getting checked by the doctor, Katrina was confused by her small laugh. “Well I know why you were in that pain last night.”

“Is she okay?” Hank asked, squeezing his wife's hand. “Is the baby okay?”

“Your water hasn't broken, but you are in labor.”

“My due date isn't here yet. I still have like ten days.” Katrina argued.

“Trust me on this,” the doctor smiled. “You two are about to be parents. I'll get your room ready for you.”

“Should we call anyone?” Katrina asked after the doctor left. “Joel? Marc and Sam? Shannon?”

“Shannon is on her honeymoon, so we should wait until he's here to actually here. Once we get you settled, I'll call Joel and Marc.”

“Hank, stop.”

“What?”

“You are just too calm. Its like I'm the only one freaking out here.”

Helping her sit up, Hank kissed her softly. “The only thing I'm thinking about is the fact that we are finally going to meet him. I love you so much.”

Once they were settled into the private hospital room, Hank did exactly what he said and called. Marc didn't give Hank a chance to tell him that nothing was happening yet before he heard the dial tone. Knowing Marc, he was on his way over, so when he called Joel he told him that he didn't need to come yet. As soon as Marc got there, Hank gave her a kiss and then kissed her belly before leaving to get the bags with her clothes for her hospital visit and clothes for the baby.

The moment he stepped through the door of the apartment, Hank smelled something he shouldn't have. Wet paint. Following his nose he found the smell coming from his son's room. Walking into the room he saw what his brother had spent his day doing. The walls were painted, the ceiling was decorated. It looked amazing and it was something he knew that Kitty would love. “Joel...”

“I thought that since you two couldn't agree on a name or theme and she was getting closer to having that baby, that this would be a nice surprise.”

“It looks amazing.”

“Think she'll like it?”

“She'll love it.”

“Oh that rocking chair came today. I don't know where you want it.”

“By the window. I need your help getting the crib up here. The bassinet is easy, but if you want you can put them together. The bassinet will be on her side of the bed.”

“How do I know what side is hers?” Joel asked.

“I'll show you before I leave. Kitty says that I'm to get the bags and car seat and all that and then eat. She doesn't want anyone eating in her room since she can only have the ice chips.”

“Well then we better get you going, Dad.”

As he finished eating the leftovers from last nights dinner, his cell phone rang. It was Marc telling him that he needed to get back quick. In three hours that he was gone, Kitty's labor had progressed quickly. When had called after he finished eating Katrina said that it was fine that he helped Joel start putting together the furniture. But the time went by faster than he had thought.

Promising he'd call when his son was born, Hank grabbed all the stuff he needed. By the time he got there, he walked in and went right to his wife's side. Slipping out of the room when he saw Hank come back, Marc headed to get some food. Three more hours passed before any more progress was made.

“Hank,” Katrina said looking into his eyes. “I don't want to be one of those women that says she doesn't want any more kids after labor, so I'll make you a deal.”

“What's that?”

“We can have more kids if we let them pick if they want to play soccer or if they want to play hockey and not get upset about it.”

“That's perfect.” he told her as he placed a kiss on her head.

It took six hours, but Katrina finally held her son in her arms, just watching him sleep. To her he was perfect. He was healthy and he looked just like his daddy, at least that's the way it seemed to her.

“Do you have a name for him?”

The nurses question made Katrina look away from her son. Looking at Hank he was looking at her. “Yeah, I do.”

“You do?” Hank asked.

“I know we haven't talked about it, but our baby needs a name. So I found one I wanted him to have. Noah Alexander Lundqvist.”

“Kitty, that's a full Swedish name.”

“I know,” she smiled. “He's six pounds and six ounces and twenty-one inches long. And he's ours and that name is his name.”

“I love it,” Hank told her as there was a knock on the door. “Come in.”

Looking up as Marc and Joel walked in, Katrina smiled. “Hey, boys.”

“So are we calling him baby boy Lundqvist or did you come up with a name?” Marc asked.

“Marc and Joel I'd like you to meet Noah Alexander Lundqvist.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys liked it!! Only three chapters left!!
If you like Luke Schenn, you should totally check this out and let me know what ya think! :)
Let me know what you guys think!!