Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Eighteen

Shane's POV

Waking up the next morning was easy. I felt so revived, energised and for the first time since the beginning of the camp I was truly happy. I opened my eyes and found myself staring at the wall of the cabin. I stretched my arms above my head and rolled over. A thud made me jump.

"Hey!"

I leaned over the side of the bed, finding a disgruntled Nate sprawled on the floor, holding his forehead with one hand; wearing just a pair of jeans and a tank.

"That really hurt," he said, shaking his head.

"I’m sorry," I told him, feeling my face get hot. "I didn't know you were, you know, in my bed."

"I wasn't in your bed," Nate gushed. "I was on it."

I watched as Nate's face imitated mine, turning pink. An awkward silence fell over the cabin. I let my eyes wander. Nate's shoes and mine were lying messily by my bedside table. Nate had taken off his belt and his checked button down; they were lying on his bed. I looked down at him. He was staring into space. I never noticed how thin he really was until I saw him without an actual shirt on. He must have sensed me looking at him, because he broke his stare and looked up at me from the floor.

"What are you looking at?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Um, nothing," now it was my turn to look at the floor.

"Help me up? I think I hit my head," Nate asked me. I noticed he was still holding his forehead.

I hurried to stand up and took his hand in mind, helping him to his feet. I sat Nate down on his bed, and took a seat next to him on his left side. I moved closer to take a look at his head.

"Move your hand," I told him.

"Why?"

"I want to have a look at it!"

Nate moved his hand away from his head.

"Oh my gosh, Nate. I’m so sorry," I was panicking.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" Nate looked at me. I grabbed his hand and forced it in front of his face. His eyes grew wide. The palm of his hand was smeared with blood. I grabbed for Nates shirt but he stopped me.

"No! That shirt is white! Use yours!" His face was pale and he had sweat on his brow. I looked down at my black t-shirt before pulling it over my head, bunching it up and placing it on the gash on his head.

"Put pressure on it," I instructed. "Come on. I'll take you to the nurse." I stood up first and pulled him to his feet. Nate wobbled slightly and I wrapped my arm around his waist to support him. I felt him slowly edge his arm around my waist. I smiled to myself as I walked him to he door and out of the cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just think, Joe Jonas topless. =)