Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Two

2 MONTHS EARLIER.

Nates POV

I sat on a crowded bus. I hated buses. I always had. The mixture of smells; BO and gas, the noises; kids having overly loud conversations about their overly boring lives. The seats were uncomfortable and covered in linoleum. I sighed. Great start to a summer that was supposed to be fantastic. There were no remotely interesting people on this bus. The only interesting thing so far was the destination. ‘Camp Rock.’ I smiled slightly at the thought. It was my second year here. Last year was awesome. I secretly hoped that the kids I had made friends with last year would be back this year, but I didn’t have my hopes up. Only a few kids could afford to pay the intuition two or more years in a row. I guess I was one of those lucky people. I was an only child, which I saw as a negative. Everyone, but three, last year, thought I was a spoilt brat. I frowned at the memory. My mp3 player clicked over to Dare You to Move – Switchfoot and I smiled. I love Switchfoot.
The bus shuddered to a halt and the bus driver announced that we had arrived. I shoved my mp3 into my backpack, stood up and joined the cue off the bus. I hated buses. I always had. I tripped down the stairs at the front of the bus and landed face first in the gravel. I groaned, getting up and brushing myself off. My forehead stang; this was definitely a terrific start to the summer.

“You okay man?” a tall boy who followed me off the bus asked me.

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “I think so.”

“Alright,” he laughed lightly. “You should get your head looked at though.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Will do.”

The tall boy and I walked over to the pile of duffle bags and suitcases next to the bus. Tall boy grabbed a blue duffle from the top and stepped back. I grabbed my simple black suitcase and stood next to tall boy.

“We should check the cabin designations,” I told the taller boy, who nodded and started walking over to the mess hall. He had obviously been here before.
We both stood in line to check the list. The line moved fast and soon me and tall boy were standing in front of the line.

“Okay, I'm in...” I scanned the list with my finger. “Cabin 6.” I silently thanked the cabin gods. Cabin 6 was right near the lake and a short walk away from the mess hall and shower cubicles.

“Hey! So am I!” Tall boy smiled at me.

“So you’re either Jason Black or Shane Grey?” I queried.

“I'm Jason,” he nodded. “Which would make you....?”

“Nathanial White,” I answered. “But, my friends call me Nate. Only my mum calls me Nathanial.”

“Okay, Nate,” Jason grinned. “Let’s go check out our cabin!” he laughed excitedly and walked quickly away. I had to half run to keep up with him. Damn being short!
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2. =)