Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Seven

Shane's POV

Nate hadn’t spoken to me since the “underdog” incident. He’d even asked to change cabins. He was unsuccessful as all the others were full. So he was stuck with me; he had told Jason that. He really didn’t like me. Well, at least my plan was back on track; the one where I wasn’t going to make any friends. I sighed at the thought. I was almost positive that Underdog would top Nate’s Turn Right. I had only heard him strum and hum it. I didn’t even know if he had anyone singing with him. I was a bad friend. The Campfire Jam was tomorrow night. I had decided to stop practicing today. I wasn’t going to get any better than what I am right now. The object of my thoughts, Nate, walked through the cabin door. He didn’t even acknowledge that I was in the room. He walked over to his bedside table, unlocked it, took out a red note book and closed and locked it again.

“Nate,” I said aloud, but he ignored me and left the cabin. I sighed and flopped down heavily on my bed. I’d mucked everything up. What the hell? When did I start caring? I sat up and looked around the cabin. It was a pigsty besides Nate's little corner. Tidy time, I think.

Nate’s POV

If that douche bag thinks I'm just going to forgive him, he has another thing coming. I thought ignoring him would be easy. But, unfortunately for me, he was everywhere. Sure, we didn’t have classes together except guitar, but I could smell him everywhere I went. It was like he was following me. I’m paranoid, clearly.

I walked out of the cabin, slamming the door behind me. I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of talking to him. He wasn’t going to win that easily. I walked over to the empty mess hall and sat down at the grand piano. If it was a competition Shane wanted, it was what he was going to get.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
I know.
It's a lead up to the Campfire Jam.