Heart on Restart

Two

Krista laid in the hospital bed with only Brian in the room with her. He had a very un-amused look on his face. She sighed and looked at him. “Please talk to me.” she said as she twirled the hospital bracelet on her wrist. Brian stayed silent for a few moments.

“I have nothing to say to you.” Rolling her eyes she places her hands on her tummy.

“Emi, your uncle Brian is such a big baby.” Krista said and smiled as Matt walked in with a vase of pink and white Carnations. He looked over and saw Brian giving Krista a dirty look.

“What is your issue Gates?” Matt asked as he set the vase of flowers down and took the empty chair next to Krista.

“You really want to know?” Brian said sitting up straight in the chair. Matt nodded.

“Yeah, your sitting here while Krista is in labor giving her some dirty looks.” Matt told his friend as he opened his water bottle.

“Funny thing.” Brian said pointing at Krista who was enjoying a show that was on the television and wasn’t really paying attention to the conversation that was going on. “She isn’t even in labor yet.” he told Matt. With a raised eyebrow Matt looked at Krista, then he looked at Brian.

“So?”

“Are you serious? Am I the only one who didn’t think that it was a funny joke?” Brian asked.

“It wasn’t the funniest joke in the world. But. Did it ever occur to you that she and Riah might have been giving you a test? You know, maybe to see how you would react when Riah would tell you that she is having the baby?” Matt told him.

Brian looked at Kris and then raised his eyebrow. “It was a test? Kris?” He asked.

“Huh? What?” she said as she tore her eyes from the television screen.

“Was this all ‘oh everyone I’m in labor’ thing a test?” he asked.

She nodded. “Well, not really a test. My water did break and everything; in the dining room. I will be sure to clean that up.”

“I don’t care about you pissing on my floor.” He told her. “So Emily is really coming?”

She smiled and nodded. “She sure is. As soon as I am fully dilated.” Brian held his hand up telling her to stop talking.

“Okay.” he told her. “I don’t want to hear about your vag tearing, or whatever it does.”

“Actually babe.” Riah said walking into the room she placed her hands on his shoulders and began to massage them gently. “It isn’t the vagina that tears. Well, not yet at least.” She told him softly. Krista shivered as Riah said that.

“Okay, can we please not talk about this please?” she asked as she winced feeling Emily kick a little harder. “Owe. Okay that kick hurt.” she said as Matt stood up and walking past Val who was just entering the room.

“Matt? What’s going on?” Val asked.

“Emily is being more active. So I am going to go find a nurse or a doctor.” Matt told her, she nodded and told him that she would go with him. Brian turned his head and kissed Riah’s baby bump.

“I’m going to go call Zack.” He told her.

“What?” Krista said as she winced some more. “No one called Zacky?” She said as she placed her hand on her stomach. Brian stood up and kissed Riah softly, he looked at Kris and took her hand kissing it softly.

“Sorry, but your little test got everyone freaking out. So it really kind of skipped everyone’s mind. But don’t worry Riah will be here so you won’t have to worry.” he said as he left the room. Riah walked over to Kris and told her to start doing her breathing.

“I cannot believe that we forgot to call the father of my child.” Krista said as she leaned her head against the pillow. Then there came a knock at the door and Jimmy came in with a vase of gerbera daisies, he was followed by a nurse and Krista’s doctor.

“Sir.” the nurse said as she handed him the scrubs. “Please change into these and hurry, we have your baby to deliver.” the nurse said as she helped prep Kris for her magic drug. Riah of course being very uneasy around needles left the room. “Alright Krista, you are going to feel a slight pinch and then a cooling sensation.” the doctor told her. Jimmy went to the bathroom and changed, he walked out and looked at himself in the scrubs.

“Hey Kris, do there scrubs make my butt look big?” he asked. Krista looked at him with a very un-amused look on her face. Jimmy sighed and smiled slightly. “Alright, I’m coming. So much for me trying to lighten the mood.” he said as he took her hand in his.

“If I break your fingers, you have to keep Matt from beating me. Okay?” Krista told him. Jimmy nodded and squeezed her hand in comfort.

“I promise, Krista.” he told her.

~Hours later~

The nursing staff cleaned Emily wrapping up her small body in a nice warm pink blanket, one of the nurses walked over to Krista with a warm smile she showed her baby Emily. “Say hello baby.” she smiled as she placed Emily in her mothers waiting arms. Krista had a warm smile one her face as she gently touched her daughters rosey cheek. “Hello Emily.” she whispered softly as she kissed her nose.

“Emily is a Christmas Day baby.” the nurse smiled. “Merry Christmas to you both.” she said as left the mother and child. Jimmy smiled softly as her moved his fingers looking at the baby in Krista’s arms.

“She is beautiful, Kris.” he told her.

“I knew she would be.” Krista said softly resting her head against the pillows. “Jimmy take her please, I don’t want to drop her if I fall asleep.” she told him. Jimmy swallowed and took Emily in his arms, cradling her close to him. He told Krista that it was okay for her to sleep, that little Emily was safe with him. Once he saw Krista’s eyes close and he saw the peaceful look of slumber take over, he took a seat in the near by rocking chair. He touched Emily’s cheek, smiling to himself.

“Hey there Emily.” he spoke softly. “I’m Jimmy…your uncle.” He sighed. “even though I really wish I was your daddy.” He said softly. “But, I guess we don’t always get what we want, do we?” he chuckled to slightly to himself. “You don’t have to worry about any of that though. With all the uncles you have, all you will have to do is say jump and we will all jump.” he told her as he started to rock gently. “You’re a lucky baby Emi. To have Kris as your mommy…she will be the best mommy in the world.”

Then a light knock came to the door and the nurse walked in. “Oh. The mother is asleep, have you two figured out the full name for Emily?” she asked Jimmy softly. He nodded gently and handed Emily over to the nurse, taking the clipboard in his hand he sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!

I would like that say thank you to Krista-snaps. Haha. Without her I don't think I would be able to do anything. And I would like to thank all over all my readers. You guys are great! Keep your eyes out for more updates coming your way if you are subscribed to my other stories. I am also working on a Jimmy story, for you Jimmy fans.

PS:

Any Avenged stories I am writing with have a tribute to Jimmy in the authors note. Like this one.

Rest in Peace Jimmy.
May you find peace and happiness where you are.
RIP.