Heart on Restart

Three

Jimmy sighed as his hand started to shake slightly. A big part of him wanted to sign his name as to who the father was, but he also know that would cause loads of unneeded drama.

"It's nerve racking isn't it?" the nurse said as she gently soothed baby Emily as Jimmy looked at the birth information. Emily was, 6lbs 12oz and she was 21 inches long.

"What is?" He asked as his eyes looked at the baby.

"When it finaly hits you, that it is now time to name the child you waited to hold since she told you she was pregnant." She said with a smile. Jimmy only nodded.

"It was a shock to us all, when she told us." he said as he signed the line and dated. Handing it back to the nurse, she smiled and then placed Emily back in his arms.

"Thank you Mr. Baker. Take care now." she said as she left the room, knocking slightly into Riah entering. "Oh Excuse me." she said as she left the room. Riah stood in the doorway her arms crossed as she stared at him.

"Uh, what was that all about?" she asked.

"It was nothing Riah, there is no need for you to worry yourself with." Jimmy said and gently stood up, laying Emily down in bassinet next to Kris. He touched Emily's nose softly, then turned his attention to Riah.

"Well, it didn't seem like it was nothing to me. Why did she call you Mr. Baker?Last time I checked your name was Jimmy SULLIVAN. Not Zack Baker." Riah said as she walked over getting her first look at Baby Emily.

"I signed Zack's name alright? I was doing him a favor." he told her.

"Oh..." Riah said as she took her seat next the bassinet.

"Now if you excuse me, I am going to get a coffee and something to welcome Emi to the world." Jimmy said as he left the room. Riah looked down seeing the sleeping infant, she sighed and crossed her arms pouting.

" I wanted to be your daddy." Riah said as she saw Krista stir slightly. Once her eyes were fully open she saw Riah, then the bassinet. "Hi mommy." Riah said as she squeezed her friends hand, still having a sour look on her face.

"What is the sour look for?" Kris asked sitting up slightly.

"I'm mad." Riah told her.

"Why?" Kris asked rubbing her face.

"Jimmy. Stole. MY. Baby." Riah told her flatly touching little Emily's warm cheek. Krista looked confused, what was Riah talking about? Jimmy stole her baby?

"What? Riah...you're not making any sense. What do you mean he stole your baby?"

Riah pointed to Emily. " I wanted to sign my name. But no." she said.

Then Krista's eyes went wide. Did Jimmy sign his name as the father of Emily? What was she going to tell Zack?

She sucked on her lower lip. Then there came a knock on the door and Brian stood there with a smile on his face. He stepped aside to reveal a out of breath Zacky.

"Here he is, Kris. I told you that we would make sure he was here." Brian said as he patted Zack's back. "Now go on and hold Emi." Brian said with a smile. "Riah come on." he said softly as he watched Zacky walking up to the bassinet. With a sigh Riah kissed Krista's head and patted Zacky chest.

Zack stood there in silence as he looked at the baby girl sleeping, his eyes look at Krista and a soft smile came to his face.

"Zack, I'm so sorry we didn't call you sooner." she told him.

"it's alright." he laughed. "Brian told me about your little joke, so everything is okay." he told her softly. Krista nodded slightly and then sighed.

"Zack there is something-" she then saw Zacky touching Emilys cheek softly. A smile was on his face as he was looking down at his baby.

"Can I hold her?" he asked. Krista looked at Zacky and then the baby. A sweet smile came her face and she nodded silently. Zack smiled and took up baby Emily Lynn his arms, she started to get fussy and Krista could see the upset look on his face.

"It's alright Zack." Kris told him softly.

"She beautiful." Zacky said as he took a seat in the rocking chair. Krista watched as Zacky started to talk to Emily, a part of her didn't want tell Zack right now. Only because this was a picture perfect moment; she could see the picture play out in her mind. Zacky in all his tattooed glory holding a little girl in his arms. Zacky tore his eyes away from Emily and looked at Krista, clearly seeing the upset look in her eye.

"Krista? What's the matter?" he asked.

She sighed softly, she knew that she had to tell Zack. "There is something I need to tell you Zack." Zacky looked at Krista, he could feel his pulse start to quicken.

"What?" he asked softly since Emily fell asleep in his arms.

She sighed. " Before I tell you, you need to understand that I wasn't awake when this happened." she told him. "I never would have let him do it Zacky..I swear." Kris told him.

A confused look came across his face. "Kris, what are you talking about? Who is he?"

"Jimmy, he signed his name."

Zack couldn't believe what he was hearing. Right there Jimmy had crossed the line; like many times before. "Take her." Zack said as he placed Emily in her mothers arms.

"Zacky, I'm sorry I didn't know." krista said looking at him, sadness clear on her tired face. Zacky stayed silent for a few moments, he rubbed his face and sighed.

"I need to go for a smoke." he said as he walked out of the room. He had a glare on his face, he walked down the hall bumping into a nurse. "Oh. Sorry." Zacky said as he rubbed his face, still trying to wrap his mind around what he heard.

"Are you alright sir? Can I get you anything?" The nurse asked as she switched her clipboard to her other arm. Zacky sighed and shock his head. Then he looked at the nurse.

" Actually, you can do something for me." he told her.

"I will try my best." she smiled.

"Do you think it is possible for me to see Emily Baker's birth certificate? I have to text every one about her." he smiled. The nurse smiled brightly.

"First time dad?" the nurse asked as she motioned him to follow her.

"Yes ma'am. And I am very happy I can hold her." he said as he walked with her.

The nurse asked him to wait as she walked into the document room, coming out of the room she handed Zack the file. He thanked her and opend the file seeing his daughters name. "Is she a healthy baby?" he asked.

"Yes sir. She has very strong lungs. But, for those strong lungs she is a quiet baby." the nurse smiled.

"And her being a quiet baby, is a good thing?" he asked.

She nodded. "My name is Alyson by the way. Sorry for being so rude. I am the nurse that will be helping you and Krista prepare yourself for Emily." she smiled.

"I'm Zack, it is nice to meet you." he smiled.

" I know who you are. Your my sons favorite guitarist." she smiled at him.

He laughed. "Cool." he said as he looked at signature at the bottem if the certificate. "Wow... I'm really a dad now." he smiled.

"Congratulations." Alyson smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...okay. I know. It's about time that she got an update out. Haha.
Well.
Here it is, the third chapter!
If you are a reading any of my other stories more updates should be out some time in the next few days. Thank you for all my readers!

You know the deal. Comment and subscribe!

<3 Calder