Status: writing this cool shit with xSpunkyx. We're cool.

Nothing Personal

Four

"All Time Low, you're on," the guy called. Already? Kay, honestly, I didn't even practice once. To be honest, I had basically just strapped my guitar on. For fucks sake, maybe we shouldn't have taken the time to totally trash Alex's room. Which he still doesn't know about. Huh...

We walked out to the stage, and I walked out to my place on Alex's right. "We're All Time Low!" Alex yelled, receiving cheers and hollers from the crowd. I smiled as I saw Maria and JaseyRae standing in the crowd closest to the stage. My smile soon faded as I watched the guys they had been flirting with make their was to them. Maria looked at the guy and smiled, then turned to me and made eye-contact. She smiled bigger and waved. There was no way I couldn't smile back at that. She's too damn cute for her own good... but we're just friends, for sure.

"And this is Six Feet Under The Stars," Alex announced. We started the song and the crowd started jumping around violently, singing along to the lyrics. So people knew about us... sweet.

_____________

We finished the songs and exited the stage. I was just taking my guitar off when a man in a white suit, his hair to the side approached me, "Jack Barakat?" he asked. I nodded, "Yeah, that's me."

"I'm Gary Newmen with Precise Records, and I like your music, and I also happen to know a few people who might as well. Bring your band to this place two weeks from tonight, and you might just be famous by next month." He handed me a card and walked away.

I stared at the card for a while, my mouth agape. I had to do this; I reached my hand over to my arm and pinched myself. "Ow!" I squealed, jumping back in pain. Most definitely not a dream...

I felt Alex lay his hand on my back, "Come on, dude, the girls are waiting for us." I spun around, "Alex," I choked out pushing the card into his hands, unable to form words. He studied it for a while, his mouth dropping as the offer became more and more vicious. He looked at me, and all we could do was hug each other tightly.

Alex pulled away and started laughing, looking at the card once again, "Wow, I can't believe this!" "I know!" I exclaimed, "Wait 'till we tell Maria and Ja-" Alex interrupted me, "Whoa, whoa, whoa," he said looking at me, "We can't tell the girls." I looked at him confused, "Why not?"

He stepped closer to insure that no one else would hear our conversation, "It'd break their little hearts," he whispered. I shook my head in misunderstanding, "So, when we have to leave-" "It was a total spur of the moment surprise," Alex smiled triumphantly, proud of himself. "Now, come on, dude."

Alex spun on his heel and started toward the doors where the girls were waiting. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh, "Sure dude, whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex, bad!