Sequel: Dear Katy
Status: READ THE SEQUEL!

Katy's Summer

The First Time Is The Best One

"We're here!", Jack sang as he ran passed the bunks. my eyes fluttered open and almost forgot where i am. my eyes adjusted to the darkness of my bunk and then, i opened the curtains to see if everyone's already up.

"Morning sleepyhead!", Dexter giggled. "Nice sleep, huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah, i never knew this bunk is so comfy."

"Or you're saying that just because you are wearing Alex's sweatshirt?"

Curious, i looked down to myself and saw the red oversized sweatshirt. in my mind, i tried to look when did he gave me this and i wore it to bed. oh. he gave me when i wanted to head back to my bunk first, and he gave me this so i "won't get cold". a smile knitted on my lips as i remembered last night. "Oh, so it is Alex's.", Dexter wiggled her brows.

"Stop it!", i laughed and buried my face in my hands.

"Fine.", she sighed. "Okay, you better get out and have breakfast with us.", then she closed the curtain. i turned on the built in wall lamp and straighten out my hair. after everything, i got out from the bunk and stretched my legs and arms.

"Morning.", Alex yawned sleepily. "Ready?"

"For?"

Suddenly, the bus stopped and everyone was going out. i followed Alex out and i realized we were in the middle of nowhere. when i stepped out, the cold morning air hit me. maybe it was already 7,but it still cold. "Where are we?"

"Somewhere near Virginia.", Aubrey answered as she hugged her body for warmth. "We found this place on the last tour and decided to check it out."

It was an abandoned building, more like a country house. there were high wire fences, stood up around the house. we climbed up one by one, until all of us on the other side. the lawn was wet and slippery, i almost fell but Alex caught me by my waist. "Be careful.", he muttered.

"Sorry.", i looked down to hid my face. i was blushing. because of him. God. he led me to the house and we got in easily since Zack and Rian kicked down the door. ha. the inside was dark, but the sunlight shined through the windows. on the middle was a pool. uh oh.

"Pool looks tempting. morning swim?", Serena put on her mischievous smile and took off her t shirt. "Come on."

She plunged in first, followed by the others, leaving me and Alex alone on the side. "You want to swim?", Alex smirked.

"It'll be dirty."

"Come on, you said you wanted to live life, and this--", he wrapped his arms around my waist and jumped onto the pool with me. i screamed and when i got into the dark water, i couldn't see anything. i heard splashes and the others calling my name, but i just couldn't swim up. suddenly, a pair of arms pulled me up and i could breath.

"Katy, what were you thinking?!", Alex exclaimed as he hugged me tightly. "You're drowning!"

I looked around and everyone was circling us, with worry faces. Alex's hand ran up and down my back, trying to calm me down. shivers were all over. the memory of me, under water, made me wanted to hug Alex tighter. "Can we go back to the bus?"

He nodded and we all decided to go back. Alex gave me a piggy back ride and honestly, i liked the feeling of being near him. i feel safe. when we got into the bus, i got off his back and walked to my bunk, grabbed random clothes and rushed to the bathroom. my own reflection creeps me out. my eyes were bloodshot red because of the water.

After the shower, i sat on the back lounge with a blanket wrapped on. "Hey.", Alex stood on the doorway. "How you feeling?"

"Confused.", i laughed.

He walked in with a bowl of oatmeal in his hand. "Here, i know you're starving."

"Famish.", i took the bowl and quickly put in a spoon of oatmeal into my mouth. he sat next to me and i could feel he was staring at me, but i just kept on chowing down.

"I'm sorry, Katy, i shouldn't have pulled you in."

I looked over to him and his face was screaming sorry. the puppy dog eyes, the pout, oh God. "No, Alex, it's okay. it was fun."

"You drowned and that's fun? who are you?", he joked. I punched his side arm playfully and he faked an 'ouch'.
***********************
"I bet you can't eat this.", Aubrey poured hot sauce on a plate of french fries. "There.", she pushed the fries to Jack. we were at Denny's to have dinner. it was Alex's idea since he knew that i never eat at a diner.

"Hot!", Jack gasped after a bite of the fries. he snatched my milkshake and drenched it down his throat. i rolled my eyes and laughed at him. i felt an arm snaked around my shoulder.

"Alex.", i peeked from the corner of my eyes.

"Katy.", he smirked. "You want to go for a walk?"

"Sure.", he pulled me out of the booth and we walked out to the door with our friends wolf whistling. we got out and he led me to the back of the diner. there was a swing there and i wrapped my arms. "Swings?"

He sat on one of it and began to swing back and forth. "You know you want to."

I sat on the other one and started to followed him. we stayed in silent for a minute until Alex grinned. "Come here."

Alex took the chain of my swing and we spun around until our chains were laced. our faces were only inches apart. i could see into his brown eyes and i think he could see into my green ones. his breath washed my face, it tickled my face. suddenly, he leaned in and our lips crashed. it was nice, a simple kiss.

"Hey you two!"

We pulled away then we spun around like crazy because of the chain released. we laughed and the man was yelling at us but we just ran back to the bus instead. while catching our breath, Alex pulled me to the back lounge and we continued where we had left off.