‹ Prequel: Can You Hear Me?
Status: Working on it :)

Can You Believe In Me?

Makes Two of Us

I slept the whole plane ride. Mostly because I was medically induced to do so. The plane ride would have been horrible for everyone if I had not been asleep on Mason’s shoulder. It was Christmas time again which meant the annual Musso family Christmas get together in Texas. This was the third time for me. Mason has always came up with something big to announce around Christmas. I wonder if his family expects this announcement? I thought to myself in the car on the way to the house. What if by some stretch they already knew the news? That would be funny. Mason pulled me closer.
“Are you nervous?” He kissed my cheek. I grinned at the gesture.
“A little, I guess. It’s a new thing impending motherhood.”
“I meant telling them, silly.” He laughed.
“Well that’s new too…” I replied looking out the window trying to see how far we had left. It wouldn’t be long before the house was in front of us. On the inside my body was dancing wildly. Like doing the jig or some other dance the outside of my body cannot and will not do. Dancing in the car isn’t really an option anyway. The door opened not only lighting up the car, but scaring me out of my teensy little daze. Here we are! Mason climbed down and then took my hand to help me. I smiled and skipped to the door, dragging him behind me. He gave a warning knock before swinging it open and entering. Sam and Kathy stood and as they saw us, mouths open. They rushed over to me.
“Jess! Your having a baby!”
“Giving us our first grandbaby!” They were hugging and touching. I was like mind readers! I finally found some mind readers!
“No love for me. I helped with that too you know.” Mason feigned jealousy. His parents shook their heads at him.
“Mind readers!” I pointed at them. They laughed and pointed at my stomach. That’s when I finally saw the evidence. I was pregnant. Very pregnant. It didn’t register until now just how pregnant I was. I was in awe at this. I was huge! Like an elephant! “Am I supposed to be this gigantic?” Mason looked down at me and frowned.
“How far are you?” His mom asked smiling at me, but her eyes showed confusion.
“Twenty-three weeks.” I answered still staring down at the expanse of my midsection. I couldn’t get over it!
“Well I’d saw you’re a little bigger then I ever was, but every pregnancy is different. Maybe he or she will be taller then my babies were.” Kathy patted my stomach and lead us further into the house. “You should go unpack and then dinner should be ready.” Mason grabbed the bags and I followed him up to his bedroom. Where I stood in front of the mirror staring at myself. I looked so awkward with all five feet of me and this huge tummy. I look stupid.
“You look beautiful, Jessica. Don’t worry. You are the most beautiful woman in the universe.” He wrapped his arms around me. “And I’m not just saying that because you are my wife. I thought that before hand too.” I laughed at his humor and turned to kiss him. I smiled up at him and hugged him tight.
“You better think I’m beautiful because you turned me into a manatee.” I accused poking him in the nose.
“Oh that wasn’t my fault you raped me a lot back then.” He replied.
“That was willing then! I wasn’t raping you that’s icky and makes me sad.” I tried not to think to hard about that. I shook it out of my head which Mace kissed. I stood on my toes to give him a kiss. It was soft and gentle. A timid kiss from him. I gave him a pouty face. “That is not how you kiss, Mr. Musso. You need to pleasure your woman with epic kisses, not prissy ones.” He rolled his eyes at me.
“Oh I pleasure you with more than kisses!” He exclaimed lifting me from the ground not as easily as he used to and set me on the bed. A knock sounded at the door. He sighed and went to answer it. Marc stood outside slouching.
“Dinner is ready and Mitch is here.” He walked away after completing his sentence. I climbed off the bed and followed out the door. Following the aroma of food. It was calling to me. My tummy growled as I sat at the table. I was bouncing with anticipation. The whole family gathered around the table and all the formalities were spoken. Now I could finally eat!
“Mason are you excited?” His father asked. Mason put his hand on my leg.
“Yes, but I’m a bit nervous and scared. I don’t really know what to do most of the time, I guess.” That makes two of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in forever and I feel bad.
<3 Kelsey