I'm Sorry but the Party's Over

Chapter Three

“You're such a doll,” James kissed Melody's neck as she pulled her dress back on, her giggles filling the air lightly. “I love you, I love you, I love you!” He pulled her onto his unclothed lap before pushing his lips against hers with a chuckle. This is how the two had always been – best friends with benefits but now they'd gotten more serious even though James was still with his girlfriend of seven years, Lia.

How had James managed to slip off with Melody? Simple – he hadn't invited Lia to the party because he didn't want to spend this night without his beautiful, beautiful Melody – the girl he'd wanted but could never have fully for over a decade now.

“I'll see you out there Jay,” And with that final kiss she placed upon his lips, she got up and left him laying in the bed all alone. Running a hand through his longing brunette hair, James sighed before scrambling around for this clothes, chucking them on.

James' eyes instantly flickered to Rowan, one of his closest friends in the whole entier world – the only person who knew about him and Melody and how much he wanted to be with her. Her eyes were glued to someone in the shadows who James couldn't quite see but he knew it must have been someone important, Rowan didn't give her time to anyone unless they were important or had a smoke.

As James' attention flickered to the weather which had suddenly changed from moonlight to overcast, he let out a slight scream, noticing a storm heading their way. A crack of thunder,hard and fast hitting rain – he had to find Melody, he needed to make sure she was safe even if he wasn't; she was all he cared about at that moment.

Screams were come from all around him as he rushed around desperately in search of Melody, the music no longer playing. The ship was rocking back and forth as the sky roared, making James jump out of his skin. “Jay, watch out!” Someone screamed at him before something hard hit his head making him fall to the floor. His eyes became heavy as did his heart and before he knew it, everything was black and the feeling of the boat sinking had taken over his body, sending his mind into a state of panic as it shut off to the world...

The sounds of crashing waves woke James hours later, his lungs deciding that it was best to empty the water that had filled them. His eyes watered as he threw up the contents of his lungs and stomach, his hands gripping onto the sand for dear life – this isn't how he'd seen himself spending his celebratory weekend.

He hadn't yet lifted his entire body up in fear of finding out that in fact, his body wasn't intact like it had been a few hours ago and that he was missing a leg or two... When he gained the corrage to lift his body up off of the ground, he wobbled around before falling back to the sound with a cry – he may have been in one piece but everything ached so much and he could feel the dry blood all over his body.

“Jay?” A weak voice called out which made him pull himself and stay up, searching out for the voice that had spoken. “Jay,” it cried again and again sending him into a panic.

“Rowan, where are you?” He questioned the moment he realized who the voice belonged too. Looking around, he spotted his friends dotted around the beach and some sadly, face down in the sea which was streaked with red, piece's of the polished wood and... parts of people...

“Jay,” She was sobbing hard now as he finally spotted her, her body laying limp across the beach from him. It was taking him too long to get to her, it was killing him slowly as he watched her struggle to lift her head off of her arm which was covered in dry blood, her blood...

“Rowan, hold on.” But she couldn't, her eyes, her mind and her heart couldn't hold on much longer – she and he both knew that...

“Help me James!”