The One

Alaska Clan

Khloe laughed as she watched Quil and Embry play fight on the beach. It was a clear pretty day in La Push and they were all taking advantage of this pretty day to lounge by the beach. It would probably be the last day they could do this before the winter came. Paul hadn't arrived yet but she knew he and Jared would be coming soon. They were all having a big lunch at Emily and Sam's and she couldn't wait to see Emily again. She had grown close to her since Sam had introduced them a week ago. She spent most of her evenings over her house talking to her since Paul usually patrolled.

"Hey you." Paul said to his girlfriend as he sank down in the sand beside her.

She smiled over at him, as he wrapped one of his arms around her. She was glad he was finally here. A small breeze was coming in, and goosebumps were rising up on her skin. She needed his warmth. He looked over and noticed she was freezing slightly and sighed.

"Let's go to Emily's."

She nodded her head and stood up. She and Paul began walking to Emily's house with the guys following not to far behind them. Khloe laughed as she saw them all running ahead once Emily's famous muffin scent hit them. She shook her head as Paul laughed from beside her.

They entered the small house and the guys were all munching away on the muffin's. Emily was shaking her head as she glanced over at Khloe and smiled.

"They are such pigs." Emily joked.

"I know." Khloe stated.

By this time Paul was in the middle of the guys fighting for his own share. Emily waved Khloe over and she giggled once she saw some extra muffins sitting to the side. She grabbed one and bit into the wonderful treat. She looked around the small cottage she was in and knew that one day she wanted this. She wanted to be able to make muffins for Paul and the new pack members to come. She wanted to have all of this.

She felt strong arms wrap around her and she giggled softly, as she leaned back into him. She could hear his loud heart beat pounding against her ear. She loved being this close to him.

"You were totally starring off into space." Paul laughed.

"I know," She mumbled, "Sorry."

"Don't apologize."

Before she could really say anything, Sam entered the house and told the guys they had a problem. They had been sensing some vampires dancing around the boundary line for awhile. He and Jacob had met with the Cullen's earlier that day and they had informed them that the Alaska clan was coming and seeking revenge on Paul for snapping at one of their members during dinner. It hadn't been Victoria after all.

"What do you mean seeking revenge on me?" Paul snarled, but kept his cool. Khloe was close and he wouldn't risk her getting hurt.

"You remember the vampire with Edward?"

"Brandon was his name." Khloe said.

"Yeah, well he belongs to a coven in Alaska. Turns out he's pretty ticked off by you coming and demanding that Khloe leave. They are vegetarian vampires so I guess we don't have to worry about them feeding off humans, but they are coming to attack us, so I'm not sure if they will care about the boundary line or not. Carlisle, the doctor leech, is suppose to talk with them." Sam explained.

"Let them fucking come." Paul hissed, "We out number them. I'll fucking do it alone!"

"No!" Khloe said.

"You won't go at this along." Sam sighed, "We're brothers and we'll deal with them. Carlisle said they recently added to their family. Eight members."

Khloe didn't like the ideas of vampires coming, especially because of her and Paul's relationship. It had been a bad idea for her to go out with Bella that night. She didn't even know at the time that she had been going with a vampire. how was she suppose to know? She didn't even know vampires existed at that time.

She sighed heavily as she looked up into Paul's eyes. She could tell he was mad and trying his hardest to stay calm at this point.

"Let's go. You need to calm down." She said.

"No."

"Let's go, baby." She said, reaching for his hand.

The guys knew Paul was about to blow, but Khloe seemed to be the only one to calm him down so they wasn't scared when she pulled him out of the house.

"Is your mom home?" She asked

He shook his head and they slowly walked back to his house. She knew he needed to calm down. He wouldn't phase when he was close to her so she didn't plan on leaving him until he calmed his ass down.

"I'm not leaving your side until your calm." She stated.

"Khloe---"

"Don't even start." She said, as she walked inside the house.

He groaned. He knew he would have to calm down whether he wanted to or not. He wasn't going tot take a chance of hurting the girl he cared about.