The One

Missing Something

It wasn't long before Khloe and Bella manged to climb the hill and reach the cliffs were the boys were jumping. Bella had fell once, and Khloe had to help her back up. She didn't know how the girl managed to fall in sneakers on a perfectly flat hill. She was just amazed by her clumsiness. Bella cleared her throat, and Khloe watched as all the guys turned around and looked at them. Jacob sighed, and shook his head as he began walking forward. He looked kind of mad that she was here. Khloe walked towards the guys, giving Bella and Jacob some time together.

"What are you doing back?" Quil asked.

"I brought that Bella girl up here." Khloe shrugged.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Paul snapped.

Khloe looked at him kind of hurt. Why did he have such an attitude problem? When he noticed how hurt her face seemed, he sighed, and she could tell he felt sorry for snapping at her. She licked over her lips and turned to face her cousin Quil again.

"Was she not suppose to be here?"

"She. . . hasn't been around for awhile. That's all."

"Why?"

They all looked at her, and then looked at Paul. He shook his head, and all the guys frowned. She felt like she was missing something very important.

Paul sighed. He knew Khloe could be informed about everything if he wanted her to be. She could know all about imprinting, vampires, the tribe. She could know everything, and there would be no secrets, but he wasn't ready to tell her. He didn't want to imprint. He didn't want her-- even though, his heart was dying to have her.

He was lying to himself and he knew it. He wanted her so incredibly bad. He wanted to reach out to her and pull her into his arms. He wanted to tell her every dark secret of the tribe. He wanted to tell her she was protected even if she didn't need a protector. He wanted her to be the one he could come home to after a long night of patrolling. He wanted her to be there for him when he needed to calm down. He wanted her to be the one.

But then again, he wasn't ready for her to be the one. He had always been this hard ass who had any girl he wanted. He didn't do relationships. He had never been tied down in his life. He was the guy who played girls. He had countless girls ready to drop their panties for him at any given moment and that's how he liked it.

Or at least that's how he used to like it. Now he was so confused he didn't know what he wanted. Part of him wanted to just tell Khloe everything, while another part wanted her to disappear. He looked over and saw Jacob and Bella arguing. They hadn't really gotten along since the blood suckers had returned.

Paul didn't know what he saw in Bella Swan to begin with. She was so plain and bland. She wasn't even that attractive. Average looks, and a average body. She also had one of the worse personalities he had ever came across. He just didn't understand how she could have Jacob wrapped around her finger. He wondered if he was missing a key part to their relationship, or if he was just to shallow to see.

"Paul?"

He shook his head, shaking all thoughts from his mind as he looked at Sam. By this time, Quil, Embry, Jared, and Khloe were sitting on the log chatting among themselves.

"What?" Paul asked.

"You know you can't fight it, right?" Sam said.

"What do you mean?"

"You can't fight your feelings for her. I tried, Paul. You can't control it. She's your destiny."

"I determine my destiny, Sam. I'm not allowing some weird wolf trait pick the broad I'm going to be with."

"Don't mess it up, Paul. Don't try to fight it. I tried, and it got me no where." Sam sighed, "If you just go with it. I promise, you'll be happy."

"I'm not going with anything." Paul snapped, "I am not going to give in to this. I'll be the guy who breaks the imprint. Just watch and see." He hissed, as he ran off the cliffs once again, jumping into the freezing cold water.

Khloe watched as Bella began walking back down the road. She decided to follow her. She looked hurt, and she wondered if the girl needed comforted. She quickly told the boys goodbye and began running after Bella.

"Are you okay?"

Bella sniffled, "Fine. Jake's just being an ass."

"What did he do?" Khloe asked.

"He just doesn't understand."

"Understand what?" Khloe asked yet again.

"Why I can't be with him. He doesn't understand that I love Edward more than anything."

Khloe frowned, "I'm sorry. Guys are difficult."

Bella smiled, as she looked at Khloe. She didn't know what it was about this girl, but she seemed really friendly.

"I need to go meet my boyfriend. It was nice meeting you and seeing you, Khloe. We should hang out sometime."

"Sure." Khloe said, "Anytime you want."

"How about tomorrow afternoon?" Bella asked, "I could come pick you up."

Khloe smiled, "That would be great!"