Status: Started 12//09

Once a Fragile Design

Ocho.

The minute we exited the plane, Pat went running down the connecting hallway, straight into the airport. We all laughed and rolled our eyes at his childish antics.

"That was definitely the best flight I've ever been on," John told me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I giggled and cuddled into his chest, noticing Kennedy out of the corner of my eye. Perhaps if I could make him jealous, he'd make a move. "Well, I definitely felt better having you by my side." I gave him a smile and a peck on the lips as we reached the luggage claim.

"Guys, I gotta drain the main vain," Garrett announced.

I laughed. "Thanks for feeling the need to share that."

He smirked. "Just sayin'. So, if one of y'all see my bags, do me a favor and grab it. Don't be assholes."

Pat waved his hands at him. "Just go. I'll grab it if I see it, babe."

Pat's statement caused us all to laugh as the people near us gave both him and Garrett a look. Garrett sighed and shook his head, before walking away in search of finding the restrooms. We all stood in front of the revolving belt, awaiting for our bags to show up.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Kennedy ask Roxii.

She nodded her head and yawned. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I watched as he wrapped both of his arms around her waist, pulling her into him. I turned away and pouted, hoping John wouldn't notice. Small gestures, such as that one, made my stomach turn because I wanted it to be me that Kennedy cared for. I wanted to be the one he was worried about. I felt John squeeze my hand and I looked at him.

"Your bag's the blue one, right?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

He reached for my bag and pulled it off the belt.

"Awe, that's no fair. Where are my bags?" Jared whined and stepped in front of me.

I laughed. "Sorry, bro."

He smiled and turned his attention back to the bags now spilling onto the belt. After a few moments, we all had our luggage and Garrett had returned from the restroom.

"Well, I feel a lot better," he said.

Pat smiled and winked his eye. "I bet you do."

Garrett laughed and shook his head. "Not in public, Pat."

Pat pouted and we all laughed, making our way towards the entrance/exit area of the airport.

"Who are we looking for Tim?" John asked, grabbing my hand and lacing it with his long, slender fingers.

"For a man holding a sign that says The Maine," Tim answered.

John nodded his head and we all scanned the people standing near the doors. I noticed a rather short, balding man dressed in black slacks and a white button up holding a sign that read 'The Maine band'.

"Guys, I think I found our driver." I pointed my finger towards the man and we began making our way towards him.

"Hi, I'm Tim, The Maine's manager. I take it you're our driver?"

The man nodded his head and shook hands with Tim. "Name's Ben."

After a few exchanging of words, we followed Ben out of the airport and followed him into the parking lot. The chilly air of Boston was a huge difference from the weather in Tempe and I snuggled into John's side. He kissed the top of my head.

"Cold?"

"Just a little," I admitted.

We came to a stop in front of a large, golden-colored bus and Ben spread his arms open.

"Well boys and girls, this is going to be your home for the next couple of months," he told us.

"I can learn to live with it," Jared said.

"Fuck yeah, me too. Beats being cramped up in the van," Garrett beamed.

Ben opened the door for us, and one by one, we all entered the large van. Tim stayed out to discuss 'business' with the driver.

"I call top bunk!" Pat exclaimed and ran over to the bunk area.

"I want a top one, too!" Kennedy yelled and ran behind him.

I laughed and watched as he ran straight into Pat's back. "What bunk do you want, John?"

He shrugged and smiled. "The one that's closest to you."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought Roxii and I were taking that space in the back, that you call a living a room?"

"Oh, yeah." He sighed. "Well then, I guess I'll have to settle for the one closest to the door."

John ended up getting a bottom bunk, as did Garrett. Pat, Jared and Kennedy all got top bunks, and Tim was left with the last bottom one, which he took unhappily. As the boys got settled, Roxii and I walked into the back room, which would be our sleeping quarters.

"Do you want the right or left side?" she asked me.

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me. Which side do you prefer?"

She bit down on her bottom lip. "The . . . right side?"

I laughed and nodded my head. "Fine with me."

She carried her luggage to the right side, as I brought mines to the left. I took out the large blanket I brought from home, and attempted to make the couch look like a comfy bed. I set my pillow against the back wall and topped it off with my tan-colored teddy bear.

"There," I sighed.

Roxii looked over at my bed and laughed. "So you, Acey."

I eyed her. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She looked confused. "What do you mean?"

I shrugged and took a seat on my blanket. "Nothing."

It was her turn to eye me. "Acey, what's up?"

"Nothing, goodness." My tone sounded annoyed.

She threw her blanket down on the her side of the couch and crossed her arms over her chest. "What're you mad about? I didn't do anything."

That's exactly why I'm mad; you didn't do anything to show Kennedy that you don't like him.

"I'm not mad Roxii."

"Then what are you?"

I chewed on the inside of my cheek and looked at the brown carpeted floor of the bus. I had to come up with a good lie, because it wasn't often that I snapped at Roxii. In fact, I hardly ever got upset with her. Her personality made it hard to ever be angry with her. Damnit, Acey, think!

"Why are you being so cold to John?"

She arched her brows. "What?"

"You've been giving John attitude ever since we agreed to this tour. Why?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "No reason in particular, I guess."

For some reason, I didn't believe her. "Well, you don't see me being a bitch to Kennedy, so if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you treated my boyfriend with some respect."

Her eyes widened and suddenly, I felt guilty. I didn't necessarily mean to say those things, but that was one of my problems; I often spoke before thinking.

"I didn't know it bothered you so much," she mumbled.

"Well it does." Damnit. Why couldn't I stop?

She looked down at the carpet. "I just . . . I don't know. I don't trust John."

This took me by surprise. "You don't trust him? Why?"

She sighed. "Because I've seen how he's treated his past girlfriends, Acey. I just don't want to see you hurt."

Now I really felt like shit, because Roxii was only trying to be a good friend to me, and here I was, being a bitch to her. But that aside, I didn't really see any dangers in being with John. It wasn't like he had treated his exes badly; he just never lasted long with them. But then again, I had contributed to that problem by no fault of my own. John was just always so preoccupied at trying to get with me, that it caused problems with whoever he was in a relationship with at the time.

"Roxii, you know John's a good guy. He wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

She shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"Maybe you should just talk to him."

"W - what?' she asked, surprised.

Suddenly, the idea sounded better and better to me. If I could convince Roxii to talk to John, that meant I could talk to Kennedy. I felt myself smiling. "When we get to the venue, just take a walk and talk with John. I'm sure you'll see what I see in him." What did I see in John? I knew the answer to that, though; nothing.

"B - but . . ." Her sentence trailed off.

"You talk to John, I'll talk to Kennedy. I need to make sure he's going to treat my best friend right, after all," I told her. Plus, I'll get some one on one time with him.

She seemed hesitant, but nodded her head. "Fine." She sighed. "Once we get to the venue?"

"Once we get to the venue," I told her.

She nodded her head and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Want one?"

"Of course." I stood up and grabbed the single cigarette she was holding out for me.

"How do we open this damn window?" she asked, after a moment of trying.

I laughed and scanned the area. "Hmm . . . maybe this'll do it." I pushed a lever, and the window opened a few inches. "There."

"You're a lifesaver, Acey," Roxii laughed and lit her cigarette, and handed the lighter to me.

"Thanks, bro." I lit my cigarette and we both blew out into the small opened window.

"NO SMOKING ON THE BUS!" Tim yelled after a minute.

"Should we listen to him?" Roxii asked.

I shook my head. "Have we ever?"

She laughed and we continued to smoke our cigarettes, until the door opened.

"Dude, what did I just say?" Tim asked.

I eyed him. "I don't know, what did you say?"

He sighed. "I just don't need you guys catching the bus on fire."

"We're not retarded, Tim," I told him.

He shrugged. "Could have fooled me."

At that, I flicked my cigarette out of the window, as did Roxii, and began running towards Tim.

"JOHN! JOHN!" he yelled and ran to the front of the bus.

I ended up tackling him the ground, with Roxii right behind me.

John and Kennedy came to the front at once.

"What the hell?" Kennedy asked.

"Tim, what're you doing with my girlfriend?" John questioned.

"Dude, get them off of me!" Tim begged.

"He called me retarded!" I pouted at John.

He gave Tim a small kick. "Hey! You can't call my girlfriend retarded!"

Kennedy joined in and gave Tim a kick as well. "Yeah, Tim. Respect Roxii and Acey."

Tim groaned. "Why did I agree to let you guys come?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this may or may not suck.
I'm sorry! Acey'll probably write a much better update! (:
Thank you guys for the comments! (: