Broken

The Beginning

I rolled over to see my alarm clock on the stand beside me its said 7:30am great first day of school and im late already. I rolled back the other way and looked at my window the sun was seeping in through it onto the hard wood floor there was a line where the light was coming in i layed there a few minutes till i could hear my older brother Dustin down the hall yell, "Kate it's time to get up for school!"
I got up out of my bed and walked quietly to my bedroom door and opened it i put my head out a little and yelled back at him, "You should have yelled that a half hour ago im already late now!" He just smiled and walked into his bedroom with a cup of orange juice. I shut my bedroom door and turned around walking over to my dresser i pulled out a black t-shirt that would go great with my black jacket i was going to wear today I pulled my jeans out of the other dresser drewer and layed my cloths on my bed.
I walked off into my bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair it only took me 15mins to so I strolled back into my room to see Dustin stanidng in the door way with a smirk, "I brought you waffles and orange juice as a sorry. Will you forgive me?"
I snapped at him, "No leave the waffles and orange juice and get out!" I kept a hard glare on him.
He laughed, "Awww my little sisters trying to act so grown up." He did this to piss me off and spite work me, "But this glare and i hate you routine is childish so if you want to be treated like an older kid act like one and if your not going to except my apology then im taking my waffles with me and eating them myself."
I hated him he never played fair, but being the older child he didnt have to play fair, "Ok fine i except your apology now stick the waffles on the dresser by the orange juice and get out i gotta get dressed im running late. Remember?" He smirked he knew he had won the fight again he walked over to my dresser and put the waffles beside my orange juice and walked quietly out my bedroom door shutting it behind him. I picked my jeans up off the bed slid them up on around my waist then buttoned and zipped them up next was my black t-shirt i picked it up and slid it over my head and pulled it down my jacket was laying on my chair i walked over to it and grabbed it i slid my right arm in first then my left then zipped it up half way my hair was so black and straight and long it was surprising i hadnt zipped my hair up int the zipper. I grabbed my bag off the floor and swung it over my shoulder i grabbed my waffles in one hand and my orange juice in another and walked out my bedroom door my shoes were downstair by the door i ate my first waffle before i got to the bottom of the stairs and i swallowed all my orange juice so i could sit my cup on the counter on my way through the kitchen.
"Hey I need to tell you something." Dustin said as i passed him in the kitchen.
"Follow me then." I said as i kept walkign through the ktichen i didnt look at him when i said it either i walked through the living room and straight to the front door i bit my waffle and slipped on nike bending over to do so hoping i wouldnt fall over.
Dustin was right behind me, "So mothers out tonight buisness as usual i want you to come straight home after school since im watching you got it." Dustin was a college student on break right now so he was here instead of at his dorms.
"I'll get here when i get here ok Dustin i cant promise you when ill be home." I ate the rest of my waffle and slipped my second shoe on and pulling my pants legs down over them, "Ill see you when i get home." I said opening up the door.
Before i could walk out Dustin slammed the door back shut looking at me hard and cold, "you'll be home on time no later than when you should be here got me im not kidding im being seroiuos." I could see in his eyes that he was being seriuos.
"Ok now can i go? Im going to be late for the bus." he nodded and held the door open for me as i walked out i could see the bus at the corner picking the kids up ugh i had to catch him and fast i started running i was just about ready to jump onto the bus when i ran into someone then fell to the ground hard it hurt my books fell out of my back onto the ground i started picking them up.
I notcied somone was helping me, "I'm so sorry." I said taking my book from someones hand i hadnt looked up and at that moment i wish i hadnt there was a boy standing and smiling at me his hair brown and messy blowing in the fall air his eyes a dark green everything around me and him blurred out of my mind.
His soft voice broke the moment, "No im sorry i should have seen you comeing. May i help you up?" He put his hand out.
"Yea thanks." I said giving him my hand his grip was strong yet soft and harmless it felt safe.
"We better get going i dont think the bus drivers goignt to wait forever." I nodded as he handed me my book i slid it back in my bag with my other books and we both got on the bus the bus was completly full every seat looked full but the one the boy i just took out sat down in it first i walked a little bit passed it hoping to find another seat i didnt want to sit with him and go through that akward thing again between me and him there was no seat i could hear his voice again, "Excuse me you can sit here if you want."
I turned around and sat down in the seat beside him i got the outside of the seat, "Thanks ." I whispered looking down at my bag i could feel him looking at me then i heard him let out a chuckle, "What?!" i snapped looking up at him he had a big white smile.
"First day of school and ive already gotten taken out by a girl and i dnt even know her name im matt."
"Kate." I said.
"Nice to meet you Kate."
"Yea you too." I looked forward after that we didnt talk to eachother the rest of the bus ride to school.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey sorry if its too short or long and also im sorry if theres alot of errors in it but it's really late and im really tired its ( 1:12am) and ive got school in like 3 hours so hope you enjoy...