Status: DONE!

You Know My Love Is Always on Your Side

The Best Sister A Brother Could Ask For

I rolled over and sat up, noticing that my Aussie wasn't next to me. I was about to jump off the bed when I saw a note on his pillow. He said he would be home soon. I got out of bed and noticed his suitcase packed. Does he a competition to go to? I stared at it for a minute and I went downstairs. I tried to call Molly but she never answered her phone. I groaned and fell onto my back on the floor. I don't know why I was, I just kind of felt like it. I put my feet up on the wall and stared at the ceiling. I heard the door open and I glanced over to see Blake, his face looking slightly concerned.

“Is me sheila going mad?” He asked, putting papers he had in his hand on the table.

“No, I already am.” I said with a grin.

“Good. I was worried that I would be marry.....dating a normal girl.” He said, stopping his sentence short.

“What?” I asked, standing up.

“Nothing. Ignore that.” He said.

I nodded and looked back up the ceiling. I heard his shoes walk over to me and my phone suddenly appeared in my face. I took it from his hand and gave him a look. I stood up and checked it, it said I had a voice mail from my mom. Blake walked out into the garage and I walked into the living room, pressing play on my voice mail.

“Honey, it's mom. You need to come home now. Please just come home. Ian needs you, our family needs you, honey he...Ian's....been shot. He's in the hospital, he's barely hanging on, oh god please come home!” She said, her voice shaking as she cried over the phone.

The messaged ended and I stared at my phone. I couldn't move at all, my whole body started shaking, I bit my lip to keep a sob from escaping. My vision blurred as I started to cry, my knees giving out and my body falling to the floor. I felt like my throat had closed on me, like air wasn't enough. I pulled myself to my feet and dragged myself upstairs, pulling out my laptop and booking a flight home, also grabbing my suitcase and throwing random clothes in. I heard Blake walking upstairs and the door open slowly.

“Katie?” He said, slowly walking over to me.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, my body still shaking. He wrapped his arms around me and held me as I cried. He didn't ask any questions, and he didn't say a word, he just held me, and that's what I wanted. I sniffed and rubbed my eyes, pulling away from him.

“I have to go home.” I said, grabbing my suitcase.

“You mean we.” He said, taking my hand in his.

I smiled and nodded as he followed me out the door.

The flight was grueling, my nerves making me feel sick to my stomach. When we landed, my step-dad picked us up and took us straight to the hospital. The closer we got, the more I felt like crying. I love my brother so much and to not have in my life would....I can't even think about it. We parked and I walked quickly inside, going upstairs and finding his room. When I walked in, I wanted to walk back out. He was very pale, his breathing shallow, tubes and IVs every where. I walked in slowly and he looked up, his eyes lighting up and a smile forming on his face.

“Hey Katie.” He said as I walked over and sat on his bed.

“Hey Ian. Look at you, so much for being invincible huh?” I said with a forced laugh, making him laugh.

“I'm fine. I've got enough drugs in me to put an elephant to sleep.” He said with a smile.

I took his hand in mine, his skin cold to the touch. He gently squeezed my hand and smiled. He looked over at the door to where Blake was standing.

“'Sup Blake.” He said, giving him a head nod.

“How ya feeling?” Blake asked.

“Like shit but much better with everyone here.” He said as my mom and step-dad walked in.

“I hate to ask you all this but could I talk with Ian alone for a second?” Blake asked.

My mom nodded and pulled my step-dad out, I kissed my brother's cheek and walked out as well. My mom looked at me and hugged me. We all hugged, just standing there. A few minutes later Blake came back out, telling us we could go back.

“What did you guys talk about?” I asked.

“It's a secret.” He said, kissing my forehead.

We walked back inside and Ian smiled. I sat back in my spot on his bed and took his hand again. He looked at all of us and gave us a weak smile.

“Mom, you raised me so well, and I love you. Ray, thanks for being there. Blake, you're a cool guy and I'm so glad that you make my sister happy.” He said.

“Katie, you're the best sister a brother could ask for. I'm so proud of you with what you've accomplished. I love you sis.” He said.

“I love you too Ian.” I said, kissing his cheek.

He smiled then closed his eyes. Soon, his machines started beeping and doctors rushed in. I watched in horror as they tried to revive him, after many tries, they stopped and looked at me and my mom.

“I'm so sorry. He's passed.” The doctor said, looking at us solemnly.

I shoved past him and sat next to him, holding his hand as I started to cry.

“He can't be! I was just talking to him! This isn't funny!” I cried, glaring at the doctors.

Blake walked over and pulled me into him, rocking us back and forth, kissing the top of my head. I cried the whole rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
:'(

Sad :'(

I cried when I wrote this and then when I posted it, I found my brother and hugged the hell out of him lol. : ) I love my brother, even though I don't act like it sometimes haha.

Kylee Kangaroo!HA! SEE! I REMEMBERED!