Status: DONE!

You Know My Love Is Always on Your Side

Stupid Todd and Him Knocking Me Up

Sitting in the house alone… that’s something I’ve been doing a lot lately. Todd always tries to get me to go, at least, outside, but I can’t watch him ride. Just to think that I should be out there with him ticks me off. Stupid Todd and him knocking me up.

But the longer I sit in the house, the more I want to open the envelope. You heard right. The envelope. I had such a struggle with deciding if I wanted to know what we were having that my doctor kindly put the results in an envelop and when we knew we were ready, we could open it. That’s all I think about when Todd’s not in here.

I’m so close to doing it. It’s in my hands. It reads Potter across it… in blue ink. Oh my god, is that a sign? Is it a boy? As my anticipation grows, my nail lifts up the corner, tearing it just a little. The sound echoes through the house like a damn bomb. The thought of finding out scares me as I place it back down in front me. Seconds later, the back door opens and closes.

“What are you doing?” Todd asked as he poked his head around the corner. Once his eyes fell on the envelope in front of me, his features soon changed. “You didn’t look without me did you?”

“No, baby. I promise,” I said as he picked up his pace to come over to me.

He has never looked so sexy before. Every time I see him I just want to pounce on him. Of course he notices and takes full advantage of my increased sex drive. Just like right now as he’s sitting next to me… the intoxicating scent pouring from him, the thin layer of sweat that seems to all over his body… I want nothing more than to tear his gear off and…

“Let’s open it,” he said lowly close to my ear as his arms wrapped around me.

Anything he was saying right now sounded so good. He bent down and reached for the yellowish brown paper. This wave of nervousness came over me as he held it out for me to open.

“If you don’t want to, we don’t have to,” he said, planting a soft kiss on my shoulder.

Looking past his extremely sexy looks, I took it slowly. A sigh came out of me as I started to rip the corner that was already torn from before. Why was I so nervous about this? I mean… it’s not like the world is going to end if it’s either or. Once I had it unsealed, I looked over at Todd, controlling my hormones this time. He gave me a quick kiss to encourage me to go on. Taking a deep breath in, I pulled the paper out. I didn’t want to look… but I did. None of the other words seem to have any meaning to me. The only one that mattered was… female. Of course, the first thing that comes out of Todd’s mouth:

I told you!” he said, excited as ever.

I couldn’t be disappointed at all. We’re having a beautiful baby girl. My thoughts made my hands go to my stomach. Todd’s soon followed. He smiled at me as he leaned in and gave me an amazing kiss. If his phone wouldn’t have gone off, we would have probably taken this so much further. Todd pulled away slowly, pouting at me as he dug into his pocket to get his ringing phone.

“What’d up, mate?” he answered, letting me know it was Bilko on the other end. Stupid Aussie. “Whoa man, slow down,” he replied, a little laugh in his voice. But once Bilko did slow down and tell him what was going on, that laugh wasn’t detectable anymore. “Oh god. Alright, we’ll be there,” he finished, hanging up and running his hand through his dark thick locks.

I didn’t know what was going on, but from the way he was acting, I’m sure it had to do with Katie. Not being too pushy yet, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him against me. He sighed a few times, but gave in. We sat this way for a few minutes before I tried to get anything out of him.

“What’s going on, baby?” I asked, running my fingers through that luscious thick hair of his.

“Katie’s brother,” he sighed, taking my hand.

“What about him?” I asked, trying to stay as calm and patient as I possibly could.

“He…” he trailed off, but I gave his hand a small squeeze to let him know that I was there. “He… died, Molls,” he finished and I seriously couldn’t breathe.

No… not Ian. The kid was so cute. We’ve spent so much time with him. He’s like another addition to our little FMX family… even though that really wasn’t his thing.

“Molls, don’t cry. You got to think of this one,” he said sweetly once he noticed my eyes were starting to gloss over and then he rested his hand on my stomach gently.

I took in a few deep breaths to try and calm myself. It seemed to work. Having Todd there helped so much more.

“What was that?” he asked, looking up at me with the strangest look on his face.

“What was what?” I asked just as confused as he was.

“Sh… don’t say anything. Give me your hand,” he responded, taking my hand and placing it next to his.

We waited for a few seconds and then… did she move? Oh my god! Our baby’s moving. Even through the emotions of the horrible news we’ve just gotten, I was never so excited about anything. Todd even smiled as he reached up and kissed my lips softly.

But as the day went on, his mood changed. I felt sorry for him. Even on the plane he was a twitching mess. He kept complaining that the plane was taking too long, that Bilko better be right by her side. It was cute.

The second we got off the plane, he almost ran through the whole airport. I don’t know if he knew this about pregnant women, but they don’t move too fast. But if he got too far ahead, he would turn around and try to hurry me along. I knew where his head was at. I tried telling him to go ahead. I knew Bilko was outside waiting for us. But being the bullheaded person he is, he insisted on staying with me.

Once we got outside, there stood Bilko. His eyes were hidden behind sunglasses. I figured behind them his eyes were red and puffy from staying with Katie and comforting her. Without any words exchanged, I went over and pulled him into a hug. I held onto him for a few extra seconds, wanting to take all of my Aussie’s sadness away.

“How’s Katie?” Todd asked once Bilko and I parted.

“She’s been better,” he said with a sigh coming through.

Todd sighed heavily and then tried hurrying us off. I smiled at how much he wanted to comfort her. My man’s such a good guy.

When we pulled up to Katie’s, there were so many cars there. I kind of got the feeling of not being here. We weren’t really family. We were only friends of Bilko’s and Katie’s. But I guess she needs us as much as she needs her family.

Todd bolted out and went into the house. When Bilko and I made it inside, he was already holding her against his chest. Tears were pouring from her eyes as Todd tried soothing her. The scene in front of me made me want to cry. I couldn’t imagine losing my brother. Even though I haven’t seen him since my wedding, I still love him so much.

“Stay strong for the little Potter, Molls,” Bilko said sweetly as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I snuffled a little as a few tears fell. Once Todd and Katie had parted, he came over to me, replacing Bilko’s arm with his. I smiled as he pulled me against his chest.

“Baby, go be with her,” I whispered, kissing his cheek as I did so. He looked at me skeptically, but he kissed me back and went and sat next to her on the couch.

I looked over at Bilko. He had a smile on his face as he stared back at me. He replaced his arm around me before he said anything.

“She may have lost a brother, but I think she gained one from So Cal,” he said, a crooked smile pushing through his lips.

I giggled a little, agreeing with him as I watched my man comfort Katie just like she was his own little sister. Who would have thought a man with those looks would have such a big heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. i had a polyvore thing made... Safari decided to lock up on me when I was publishing it!!! so you're not getting one :-P

comment