Seize the Day

Dix

“Where the fuck did they go?!”

The five guys sat in the small dorm room, finding amusement in watching Cadey look for her spandex shorts with her hair in a small ball on the top of head.

Oh, the joys of being in college marching band.

“Found them!”

Cadey grinned triumphantly at the guys, who laughed in response.

“Do you plan on putting those on and showing us now?” Zacky asked.

Cadey flushed and turned around, “No.”

“I thought you were in a hurry? Don’t you have to put those on before you leave?” Jimmy asked, leaning forward.

Brian laughed, “He’s got you there.”

“Get out so I can change,” Cadey mumbled.

Johnny shrugged, “I should go look for Lacey anyway.”

Cadey perked up, “Yeah. She should’ve been back from class three hours ago.”

“I still don’t understand why she has class on a Saturday,” Matt said.

“Three hours?!”

Cadey slumped over, “Yeah. Sorry, Johnny.”

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

“I didn’t think about it?”

“She was too busy getting ready for her little marching band thingy,” Jimmy said, waving his hand around.

“I wonder where-”

“Hey, guys.”

Cadey snapped her mouth shut when she heard Lacey and immediately ran over to her, literally shoving Johnny out of the way and making him fall on top of Zacky, who groaned at the unexpected weight.

Lacey grunted as she was crushed in a hug. Cadey pulled back when she heard Lacey’s pain.

“Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” Lacey mumbled, going over to sit on Johnny’s lap, not realizing he was sitting on Zacky.

Zacky winced, “Shit! You guys are hurting me!”

Lacey slowly got up and pulled on the sleeves of her sweatshirt, “Sorry.”

Johnny got up, making Zacky sigh in relief.

“You okay?”

Cadey thought now would be a good time to change into her spandex. As much as she wanted to hear what happened to her best friend. She couldn’t afford to be late or she’d miss warms ups and the game. Plus, her director would be pissed.

Cadey slipped out of her lounge shorts, leaving her in just her boyshorts. She was in the process of getting the short, volleyball-like spandex up her legs, when she heard a whistle.

“Lookin’ good, Cade,” Jimmy winked, giving Cadey a thumbs up.

She stood there, mortified, with her shorts half up her legs. She tried to pull them up faster, but as tight as they were, it was nearly impossible.

“Hey, now, no need to rush,” Zacky said, sitting back in Cadey’s desk chair and folding his arms behind his head, watching her.

“Lacey! Help me!” Cadey hissed, still trying to get her shorts up.

Lacey laughed, her face contorting in pain as she did so, “No can do, Cade.”

Johnny, who was the only one not staring at the struggling girl, glanced worriedly at Lacey. Cadey would’ve found it cute, as usual, if she wasn’t so busy pulling up her shorts.

“Aha!” she cheered, putting her hands on her hips and grinning when she finally got them up all the way. Jimmy huffed.

“You could’ve taken a little longer, you know. We wouldn’t have minded,” he commented.

Brian shrugged, earning a slap from Zacky. He glared at the smaller rhythm guitarist.

“What the fuck was that for?!”

“Stop looking at her like that!”

“You and Jimmy are!” Brian accused.

Jimmy snapped his head around, taking his gaze off of the embarrassed Cadey, “I was not!”

“Me either!” Zacky argued.

Lacey rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, “Aren’t you late, Cade?”

Cadey frowned, rapidly digging through piles of clothes on her side of the room in search of her tube socks, “Yes!”

Cadey sighed in relief when she found them. She sat on her bed next to Jimmy and lifted up her legs to slip them on her feet, giving him and Zacky quite the view.

Unintentionally, of course.

“You’re coming to the game, right, Lace?” Cadey asked, tossing a stray sweatshirt on over her University of Iowa shirt.

Cadey was concerned for her friend’s health, yes, but she also couldn’t get kicked out of band. Not only would her parents kick and disown her ass, but she would lose doing something she loved. As terrible of a friend as she felt, an explanation for Lacey’s absence and painful expression would just have to wait until after the game.

Not that Lacey seemed to mind no one questioning her.

Cadey sighed, tired of her mental battle. She decided to shrug it off, figuring that Lacey probably just tripped or something anyway.

“Are you listening?”

Cadey lifted her head from putting on her Converse, “What?”

“She said yes, and that all of us are coming too,” Zacky answered, his eyes drifting down Cadey’s legs and back up again.

Lacey nodded slightly in agreement, looking as though she was afraid to move her neck. Cadey frowned at her friend.

“You sure you’re-”

“I’m fine,” Lacey snapped.

Cadey sighed sadly, “Right, well, I’m off now. See you guys tonight!”

She waved and started to exit the room, stopped by Jimmy’s voice.

“You sure it’s a good idea for you to go alone?”

She shrugged, “I do every other time. I wouldn’t worry about me.”

“But we do,” Zacky said.

Cadey bit her lip, “Really. It’s fine.”

Jimmy got up off the bed, startling a daydreaming Brian and a jumpy Cadey.

“No. I’ll walk you there. Who knows if that creep is out there. And besides, I can’t let you walk alone looking like that.” He gestured to her pantless legs, clad only in her spandex and tube socks.

What a look.

Cadey sighed, trying to hide the fact that she was actually flattered that he would care, “I can defend myself.”

“It’s true,” Lacey butted in.

Jimmy shook his head, “I won’t take no for an answer. Now let’s go!”

He bent down in front of Cadey. She looked at him like he was crazy.

“What are you doing?”

“Giving you a ride.”

Brian laughed, putting his hand over his mouth when Zacky glared at him.

Cadey blushed, “That’s really not necessary…”

Matt shoved her onto Jimmy’s back, making her squeak and grab on for dear life as he stood up and began running down the hallway.

Cadey had her arms tightly around his neck and shoulders, afraid he would drop her. She knew he wouldn’t, obviously, but still. Jimmy’s hands were firmly holding her bare thighs, and she tried to ignore the warm sensation radiating off her face.

And the rest of her body, for that matter.

“Hi ho, Silver! Awaaaaay!” Jimmy yelled.

“Ride him, cowgirl!” Brian shouted from the open dorm room.

A few students opened their doors, surprised when a gush of air hit them and they saw a grown man carrying a girl running down the hallway and the stairs.

“Don’t trip,” Cadey said, afraid for Jimmy’s, and her own, safety.

“No worries, my love, I’m a pro!”

Cadey stifled a laugh, not even bothering to ask how he became a ‘pro’ at giving rides to people. She also ignored how he called her ’my love’, choosing not to think about it. He was probably just joking around anyway…

The looks continued as Jimmy kept running, out of the dorms and through the campus, and Cadey was amazed by his endurance.

She liked a man with good stamina…

Shaking her head to clear her somewhat perverted thoughts, she focused on holding on and not letting go of Jimmy, who seemed to be going even faster.

This, of course, led to more dirty and perverted thoughts and Cadey gave up. They only got worse when Jimmy started making horse, dog, and other random and obscene animal noises that sounded strangely like painful moaning. Cadey sighed.

This would be a long ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this has taken so long, but I'm sure you all know why...
...yeah let's not get into that, shall we? :/

so I have a question to ask you all: do you want Cadey with Jimmy, or with Zacky?
I feel weird writing about Jimmy, but I can do it, if you guys like. or I'd be more than willing to put her with Zacky. haha.

comment and tell us what you think?

also, me and Hannah have other stories, if you like Papa Roach, Hollywood Undead, and of course, the lovely A7X.

RIP Jimbo - we love and miss you. legends are never forgotten <3.