Seize the Day

Vingt Six

“I shouldn’t get so attached to people so fast.”

“You know you can’t help it, Cade.”

“Yeah, but…it would save me a lot of trouble.”

Lacey pulled away from the hug and frowned at Cadey, who was pouting.

“Don’t pout.”

“Why?”

“Because you know it makes me sad too!”

“I can’t help it!”

Cadey adjusted her position, wincing a bit as she did so. She noticed Lacey doing the same as the smaller girl got comfortable sitting on the edge of the bed.

Cadey rubbed her head and sighed, “I don’t think it’s safe for me to be traveling around like this anyway, Lace.”

Lacey gave Cadey a serious look, “You’re rethinking wanting to get out of here early and go with the guys? With Jimmy? And Johnny?”

Cadey knew Lacey mentioned Johnny just to add to the guilt. Of course she wanted to get out of here and go with Jimmy, but she didn’t want to risk her health over it either. Lacey needed the rest just as much as she did.

“You already know the answer, Lace, and it’s no, I’m not rethinking anything . I’m just saying.”

“Always the one with the good head on her shoulders,” Lacey chuckled, patting Cadey’s knee.

Cadey rolled her eyes, “Yeah. I’m sure that’s why I’m in a hospital right now?”

Lacey tensed, “It wasn’t your fault.”

Cadey sat up, ignoring the discomfort and Lacey’s offered help.

“I want you to tell me what happened.”

“But-”

“No buts. I need to know, Lace!”

Lacey sighed at the stress in Cadey’s voice. It was bothering the latter that she still didn’t know what happened.

“It’s nearly 1 in the morning, Cade. The guys are probably getting worried-”

“They’ll be fine. I doubt they miss us that much. Now tell,” Cadey demanded.

Lacey twirled her thumbs around each other, taking a deep breath.

“Alright. But it’ll be painful for both of us.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m getting worried.”

Jimmy paced up and down the small hallway outside of the hospital room, walking and tapping to an unknown beat.

Brian grabbed him by the shoulders, snapping him to a stop. Zacky was leaning against one of the walls, his arms crossed and one leg propped against it. Matt was sitting on the floor, watching Jimmy walk back and forth, until Brian stopped the tall man.

“Me too,” Johnny said.

Brian shook his head, making a point to glance at Zacky, “You guys worry about those girls too much.”

Matt nodded, ignoring the interested stares he got from a few passerby nurses. He put his arms behind his head and stretched out his legs in the hallway.

“He’s right. They’re grown women; they can handle themselves.”

Zacky coughed, trying to hide his laugh, but Brian snapped his head to him and pointed a finger, a smirk also on his face.

“You dirty pervert! Keep your fantasies to yourself!”

Matt sat, confused, until realization hit him. He stretched his neck up, failing to catch a glimpse into the room.

Johnny kicked Matt’s foot, “Watch it, you.”

Jimmy discreetly tiptoed in the direction of the door, hoping to catch a peek himself, but was stopped by Brian.

“No, no. Bad Jimmy. Leave the girls alone.”

Jimmy swore he saw Cadey and Lacey on the bed, holding each other. Straining to see more before he was pulled away by Brian, he was sure he saw both of them crying.

“They look upset,” he said aloud.

Zacky and Johnny both straightened up at this, with Johnny nearing the door and walking right past Jimmy.

“They do.”

“Should we go in?” Zacky asked, taking his foot off the wall and uncrossing his arms.

Brian gave Zacky a look that Jimmy didn’t understand. It almost looked like he was telling Zacky to stop, but stop what?

While Jimmy sat in thought, Johnny was getting closer to the door. Matt jumped up to stop him from getting inside, not wanting to disturb the girls until they were ready to be disturbed.

“Woah, there, short shit. Let’s just leave them with some privacy.”

Johnny tried to shove Matt away, but wasn’t getting very far.

Jimmy understood where Johnny was coming from. His girlfriend was upset, and he wanted to comfort her. It didn’t take a genius to see how attached Johnny was to Lacey already. Heck, Jimmy knew he was getting far too attached to Cadey for his own good, too.

That didn’t stop him from doing it, though.

Zacky snapped his fingers in front of Jimmy’s face, “You spacing off?”

Jimmy shook his thoughts away, smiling in a friendly manner at Zacky, who had a blank look on his face.

“Yeah. But I’m fine.”

Matt finally managed to push Johnny away from the door, much to Johnny’s disappointment.

Jimmy looked at a clock on the wall that read 1:30 AM. He sighed.

“They get fifteen minutes. Then I’m going in.”
♠ ♠ ♠
tch. perverts.

February 28th...two months seems like just last week, huh?

RIP Rev. we love ya, buddy.

comments? me and Hannah think they are amaze, you know. :D