Gynophobia.

Unwanted Surprises.

It was almost time for me to be heading back to the baby store when I felt a hand tug on mine. I automatically turned around smacking the persons hand off of me. I really didn't like it when someone randomly grabbed me. It made me uneasy. I looked at the person and I felt sick to my stomach.

Standing behind me was my mother and Maryann. Maryann was sleeping in the stroller and my mother was behind it looking stricken. I don't know if Mary or Ryan stopped but I had. I couldn't stop the nauseating feeling that was taking over.

"Nathan. You've gotten so rude." She said in a voice that sounded hurt. I held back a sneer that was trying to break through to my lips.

"This woman bothering you Nathan?" I heard Ryan say coming to my defense. I looked over to her and she had her hands on her hips like an annoyed cop.

"You're hanging out with girls." She said in a low voice looking at Ryan and a little behind me to where Mary probably was.

"Who are you?" Ryan asked arms now crossed.

"His mother." She said in a stony voice staring her down. Ryan held the gaze for a while before looking at me.

"She telling the truth?" I nodded my head and turned on my heel. I started to head down towards the baby shop again.

"Nathan, don't walk away from me." She said and I felt her grab my arm again. I yanked my arm back and held my fist clenched trying hard not to hit her.

"Nathan I miss you. I want you to come back home. Nathan, please come back. With Daddy gone there is nothing else to do but sit at home with Maryann. Please." She said tears welling up in her eyes and she tried clutching onto my clothes. I kept pushing away her hands and being fed up pushed her back. She didn't fall but she had to take a few steps back.

I could feel eyes on me and I didn't want to know nor wanted to think about the relationship they think we might have. I could only look at the ground and turned to leave again. I could only pay attention to the pounded of my feet on the floor and try to remember the location of the store.

When I found it I saw Dayton at the checkout. I went straight to him and spoke.

"I really need to leave." I said. He looked puzzled and just in that instant I heard the click of heels coming.

"Nathan we need to talk." My mother said as I didn't even look in her direction. Dayton turned around and looked at her. I just looked at the counter.
"Mrs.Carter. I believe you are not supposed to be within a hundred foot circumference of Nathan until you prove you are a responsible adult. I believe you are failing so far. Oh here comes little Maryann." He said. I heard the wheels but I didn't glance back. I could hear Maryann fussing and my mother prattling over her. Dayton told me that we were leaving and to head to the car. I listened to him and started out. I saw Mary and Ryan heading with me. They didn't speak but I thought that they were the ones who brought Maryann to my mother for her.

I couldn't believe she just left Maryann to be taken by someone.

"You're dad got a real good catch huh?" Ryan said with a strong hint of sarcasm. The edge of my mouth cracked up a little and I nodded my head.

"People can be.... really fucked up." Mary said after a while before we exited the mall. I thought about it for a while.

"Yeah, they can."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, so tired. Might write another one tonight.