Gynophobia.

Wanting to speak out.

Nathan wouldn't even look my way. He was completely ignoring me. I just had to sit there and bite my tongue. It was his court date and he was looking bored.He didn't even seem to care. Dayton on the other hand looked deadly. The lawyer had come early and was already ready to present his case. His mother hadn't shown her face yet. His father was here with Maryann. I wanted to hold onto Maryann. I wanted to hold onto Maryann hoping that what Nathan had suspected before wasn't true. Even if that would help his case.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Bryant." The bailiff said. I rose and watched as she walked in. I saw Mary frown next to me. When we were allowed to sit I asked her why.

"She favored in my case. She is strict on woman beaters. This isn't fair." She said. I could see her tearing up. I rubbed her hand trying to reassure her.

"There's no way he can lose. I'm sure of it." I said rubbing her hand harder. I wasn't even sure of myself. I stayed up all last night trying to convince myself.

When the case started the door opened. His mother walked in adorned in all black. Her face still looked a sickly yellow green in some areas. She deserved every bruise and broken rib she got. She went to the plaintiffs side with her lawyer. Fake tears were running down her face. Mary let out a small "ow" when I had squeezed her hand tight.

"Sorry." I said in a soft voice. The case just started off with her lawyer talking about the evidence. Praise god he had picture right? The pictures were perfect for his case. They were bloody and appalling. The lamp that Nathan had used was bloody and bent in a horrible way. They had a picture of one of her teeth that were on the ground. I had felt my lips curl up before I could stop them. As the picture of her in the hospital when she was hooked up to machines she flinched.

"Good, I hope her dreams keep her in that moment for life." I mumbled under my breath.

When Nathans lawyer went up you could tell by the look in the judges eye she had already made up her mind. I looked towards Nathan and saw that he still seemed fine by the whole thing. His lawyer talked about when Nathan was in the hospital himself because of her. He pointed out that she was malicious. When he didn't talk about what I had told them I grinded my teeth. Why wasn't he including that?

His father was up to the stand first.

"Now will you tell the court of Nathan's behavior for the past few years of his life." Her lawyer said. Nathans father looked nervous. He was torn between the both of them. His wife was the one who pressed charges not him. I felt a little admiration for him.

"He was quiet. Stayed away from people. Straight A's." He said in a low voice. The lawyer nodded in agreement.

"What happened shortly after you took him in again?" He asked. Nathans father didn't want to answer it was written all over his face.

"He got a little upset and broke a few things in his room." He said. He was down playing it. I knew what Nathan had did to his room.

"A little upset? He destroyed ever piece of furniture with his bare hands. Now would you say that is a little upset? That is extreme destruction. He obviously was exhibiting that he was a violent person. Why wasn't anything done about this?"

"He was just taking out anger. He never hurt anyone in his life."

"Then what do you call the sever intent that your son had to kill and as she says rape her?" I was about to stand up and yell but I was quickly pulled back down. Dayton and Mary were holding my arms. His father was silent and didn't speak anymore. It appeared her lawyer had no more questions and he sat down. When Nathans got up he appeared calm.

"When did Nathan stop talking to you?" He asked.

"When he was six. I had went on a business trip and when I came back he didn't speak anymore." He mumbled.

"Do you know why he stopped?"

"No."

"Have you ever thought it was because your wife was abusing him since he was that age?"

"I... thought that for a while. But I never saw him bruised. But she was the one who had washed him when he was little." He said. You could see the tension in his shoulders.

"So what did you think when you learned she had abused him?" He was silent for a long time.

"I didn't want to believe it but her wedding ring was imprinted on his neck."

"Why do you think your son attacked your wife?"

"I don't know why he would do it. Nathan never hurt anyone. He was beat up before in school and didn't fight back. He's not a fighter. He never was..." With that his father left the stand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I two more to come. ^^ Then it's the "START OF SOMETHING NEWWWW" =]