My Arranged Marriage to a Normal, Up Himself Prince

Brother Bond

“Don’t think I’m going to dance with you” Dain said
“I’d rather eat puke” I started to turn just when I heard Louise.
“Dain, Lucy, you both have to dance”
“Louise, I doubt that Dain actually can dance anyway!”
“Psh, says she who impresses the audience by flipping your legs up and hooking them around some guy!”
“Enough of this nonsense, this is your coming out party and you will dance…now!” She stood there waiting. Dain groaned and pulled me over to the floor. Then he put one hand on my waist. I felt a little spark there when he did. Then he took my hand and we twirled, slowly keeping as much distance as possible between us.

Stupid ass hole. I tried to look everywhere but in his face. After all, it was all his fault that I had been to hospital, and that my life wasn’t mine.
“You know we never did settle that bet” My head snapped up – bad idea considering I met up with his gorgeous blue eyes.
“I think that it was pretty obvious who was winning, if that bitch hadn’t pushed that skate board towards me…”
“Oh I don’t know” he smirked “Jodie’s pretty good” He spun me out and then pulled me back in.
“Stop delluding yourself, besides, it was never between me and Jodie. It was between me and you”
“Sweet heart” he said mockingly “By you going against Jodie I gave you a fleeting chance”
I used the hand on his shoulder and dug my nails into his back.
“Ow”
“Oh I’m sorry, my nails slipped”
“Wow, you really are Queen Bitch aren’t you?”
“Watch who you’re calling a bitch you bastard”
“Mind if I cut in?” I turned to see the guy that Dain had called Steel. Dain’s supposed brother.
“You know what?” Dain said to his brother “You can keep her” a second later he let go of me and walked away. His place was quickly taken by Steel.
“I’m Steel”
“I know”
“Then you probably know I’m Dain’s older brother right?”
“Yeah”
“He’s going to be a handfull”
“Don’t get me started”
“Chill, I understand you” We danced in a bit of silence.
“Why is it that Dain doesn’t like you?”
“Well, that’s a bit of a long story”
“We’ve got time” Steel looked uncomfortable.
“I suppose you could say Dain feels betrayed by me”
“How so?”
“Well I suppose that would be because of what I did”
“Which was…?”
“That’s a story for another time” The song finished at that moment. He kissed my hand. “It was nice meeting my new to-be sister-in-law”
“And you too…I guess”
“Suspicious, as you should be. Now you, my dear, will go far” With that he left. I turned and decided I was hungry so I went to get some food.
“Hey” I turned there was a guy about fifteen years old staring back at me. That’s not why I noticed him though, he looked a lot like both Dain and Steel.
“Hey, are you related to Dain?”
“I’m his little brother, I’m Stephan” Stephan smiled up at me.
“Hey Stephan I’m-”
“Luciana, you’re going to marry my brother”
“Yeah”
“I just wanted to say Hi”
“Oh…um Hi back to you” he grinned.
“You’re cool, I can tell he’s going to like you”
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that Stephan”
“Give him a chance, he’s had some crap going on with him. He was never like this you know. He was the best brother. Now he’s always off with some chick, no more time spent with his little brother”
“Ouch”
“Yeah, it’s okay, but just don’t judge him. There’s a lot of crap built up inside him and he just doesn’t know how to let it out”
“Thanks Stephan, I’ll work on it. Not too soon though, I have to get him back first” Stephan grinned.
“He needs a good ass whoping, best part is he can’t do anything back to you”
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that”
“Well goodluck with whatever it is, just remember what I said, I won’t be able to remind you till Christmas”
“Where are you going?”
“I’m off to boreding school in Malta, I might be able to come back at one of the breaks though”
“That would be cool” I smiled at him.
“I knew I liked you, I’ll see you around Luciana”
“Just Lucy actually”
“Lucy then” Stephan smiled and walked off.
So what? I was going to get bombarded with some random chick claiming to be Dain’s step sister?
“Excuse me?” Asked a dark haired girl…
God I wasn’t serious!
“Yeah?”
“You’re blocking the caviar”
“Oh…right sorry” I moved aside. I turned to look out infront of me where people were dancing and mingling. Something odd caught my eye. Dain was standing alone in a corner.
That was definitely strange.