My Arranged Marriage to a Normal, Up Himself Prince

Watch Out

It was another minute before I heard them playing again. I found the huge oval. I put my book down and sprinted around the whole thing. I was puffing when I came back. I lay on my back looking at the clouds. I heard some talking a while later.
“Did you see how the ball went in? A perfect swish! And Dain, I’ve never seen you throw so hard!”
“Shut Up” Said a voice that was definitely Dain’s.
“Oh come on man, you don’t want to admit that your match could potentially be a girl”
“Just shut up Gray” I turned and looked up. Gray saw me.
“Oh…” All the boys were standing behing me, they had hockey sticks in hand. I smirked.
“What happened Dain? You were put off basketball?” He wouldn’t look straight at me. My smirk then deepened.
“You know we never did find out the winner of that bet” His head jerked up.
“Don’t go getting cocky bitch face, you couldn’t beat me in a game of hockey if your life depended on it” He walked on to the main field.
“Or maybe you’re just making excuses Daniel” He stopped then turned, slowly.
“You know what? Bring it. Jackson’s got to go anyway, you can be on Jase’s team” The boys had they eyes widened, the guy named Jackson chucked me the hockey stick.
“Man I wish I could see this” he said shaking his head and jogging away.
“Come on Luce, team huddle” I walked over to Jace.
“Hey chick, you do know how to play hockey right?”
“The name is Lucy and yes”
“Cool then” The guy smiled “I’m Shain this is Gray, Lee and Jarrad. That back there was Jackson and ofcourse you know Jase”
“So we’ve got a tough team to beat but this is always our team” Gray said “It’s the only way we’re even, but maybe this game…” he trailed off, he was implying that we were going to lose. “So anyway Jackson usually plays right wing but I could swap with him and she could go beack defense?” he turned to Jase who was shaking his head “She’s going to swap with me, I’m going to go wing and everyone else stay where they are”
“Jason you can’t be serious, if she’s centre forward she’ll be up against Dain”
“That’s final, let’s go, they’re already on the field” Dain’s team was once again on the skins.
Jase won the flip so it meant that we were starting with the ball. Jace was to my right and Jarrad to my left.
“If you don’t know what to do just pass it to me or Jase” “Thanks Jarrad” I said giving him a fake smile though he didn’t notice and then I rolled my eyes.
“GO!” Jace called and I took off with the hockey ball. I stuck my foot out so Dain would trip will I was at it, then I jumped over him and ran on with the ball.
“LU!” Jace called. I looked up, some guy was racing up towards me.
“SHE WON’T BE ABLE TO GET PAST!” I heard Jarrad call. I got my hockey stick and flicked the ball up, then I tapped it over the guy’s head and ran on. There were three more coming at me and two more from behind.
“JASON!” I called and I whacked the ball with such speed and precision so it landed perfectly against the stick. The five guys who had been coming to me then turned toward’s Jason. I sprinted faster beating them all.
“CROSS IT JACE!” I called. He crossed the ball against the goals and I whacked it with a curve towards the goals right near Jason who hit it slightly to go in the direction the goally wasn’t looking for.
“GOAL!!” Jason called doing a somersault. I followed suite.
“Don’t get to happy Bitch face, we have a whole nother hour” I turned to see Dain.
“Dain honey, sometime you just have to accept that you’re shitty at something…oh…wait…everything” Dain fumed.