We're Only Young Once

NOW SUNSHINE!

Read memo!!!!! ok onward!

**AFTER SCHOOL**
yeah that's right, you don't get to know what Edward Cullen said x]

I was walking out of school with my ipod in ready for a mission of a walk home when my earphones suddenly got pulled out.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I yelled as I turned around. Jake was standing behind me covering his ears.

"Ow! If I'd known you would scream that loud I would have just poked you!" I glared at him. "Umm, I wanted to drive you home." He said. He didn't even ask.

"No it's ok, I'm walking." I turned around and walked off to illustrate my point.

"Ok, I'll walk with." He ran up beside me.

"What about your truck?"

"It's good til tomorrow. I need a talk with my best friend." He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes and put my earphones back in. He pulled them out again. I stopped.

"What do you want Jake?"

"I want you to forgive me. THIS IS TORTURE!" He gave me the puppy-dog look. [IRONIC! HE'S A WEREWOLF ...PUPPY DOG AHHAAHA]

"Well you should have thought of that before you ditched me." I started walking again.

"I'm sorry, you know it's not like I usually do it, it was just a one time memory lapse where my hormones got the best of me. Come on Amber I need to listen to them! I'm 16!" I didn't say anything. "Besides, it was nice to finally have some girl come up to me, they all think we're going out so they don't bother.." he looked down.

"What so now I'm holding you back?!" I asked.

"No! No! Amber I didn't mean it like that-"

"Fine, if you think that I'm holding you back then I won't hang out with you, see how many girls you get then Mr 'I'm too good to have friends'"

"Amber no, this isn't coming out right see what I meant was that-"

"OHH JAKEYY!" A voice called out. I stopped. It was sickeningly sweet.

Victoria.

Jake stopped too and looked back.

"Oh Jakeyy I thought you had forgotten! You were meant to drive me home silly!"

"Erm, really? I don't remember ... hey how come your here and not in Seattle? I thought you went to school there?" He asked her confused. Yeah, that's two of us. I folded my arms across my chest.

"Oh I told you yesterday, my school had a little volleyball match against yours! Now come on, your trucks this way!" she grabbed his hand and pulled him away. I stared after them. Jake looked back at me with a worried look and I just rolled my eyes at him and left.

**11.57pm**

Crack.

Crack!

CRACK!

I shook my eyes awake as another crack came from my window. I walked sleepily over to it and opened it. Jake swung his legs over the ledge and fell into my room. I stood back and watched him pick himself up.

"Amber! Jesus christ I'm sorry about earlier, I swear she said absolutely nothing about that match today, I never agreed to take her home and -"

"Shut up Jake. Why are you here?"

"To apologize for being such a dick these past 2 days." He hugged me tight. "Please forgive me. It doesn't feel right fighting with my sister." he mumbled into my neck. "Pleasee!!" He begged. I pushed him off. "No, Amber PLEASE I'M BEGGI-"

"I forgive you." I yawned.

"You do?"

"Yup. Now can I go to sleep?"

"Wait do you mean this or-"

"Yes Jake, you've been apologizing since yesterday and I'm sick of it and honestly, I hate not talking to you. Now can we sleep?"

He smiled and hugged me again. Mmm he smelled of...well, him. "Yeah." He let go and I got into my bed. He pulled his top, trousers and shoes off and slid in next to me.

"Thanks for forgiving me Amber."

"No problem. Night."

"Love you." He whispered as I snuggled into his chest.

"Love you too."

**The next morning**

"SCHOOOOOOOL AMBER!" A loud voice came in my ear. I flinched from Jake and he laughed. "NOW SUNSHINE!"

"Don't ever call me that again." I mumbled.

"Fine. But get up." He whispered in my ear before taking his hand away from my waist and getting out of bed. Grr. The bed suddenly felt cold.I dragged myself out of bed and started fixing my face and hair.

"Oh by the way, Amber?"

"Mm?"

"What did Edward Cullen talk to you about?" I froze.

*No I can't tell him!*
-But you can't lie, you've never lied to him!-
*But this is something worth lying about!*
-Fine if you want to lie to YOUR BEST FRIEND AND YOUR BLOOD go ahead, I don't care-
*But you obviously do!*
-Well then we care. What are you gonna do?-

"Erm, nothing just about my outburst the other day. He wanted to know what my problem with him was, and didn't want to make a scene so he asked me privately."

I smiled at him through the mirror. He shrugged and started getting dressed. I looked at myself.

I had just lied to my best friend.

.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i have commenters!!!!!!!!! who rock! i love commenters haha. Shout out to stargrl1
and DaRkAnGeL448
you are seriously awesome! i require 2 more comments before i update again!