We're Only Young Once

Yes. You're chica, as in Spanish. OLE!

The entire day at school passed as ifI was in a bubble. I couldn't shake off the fact that I lied to my best friend. It just wasn't me!

If it was just a little thing then I wouldn't be this worked up, but the truth is just ...

"So what outfit are you wearing on Friday?" Leah snapped me out of my bubble. We were at our table in the cafeteria. It was lunchtime.

"Ermm I don't know yet..." I admitted. I hadn't thought twice about this party since Monday.

"Well hurry up chica it's in TWO DAYS!"

"Did you just call me chica?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. You're chica, as in Spanish. OLE!" She snapped her fingers. Riiiight...

"You alright Amber? You've been quiet?" Quil asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine just a bit-" Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around.

"Another talk?" It was Edward. Again. I bit my lip and stood up and followed him out into the hall, ignoring the shocked looks on every face in the cafeteria. As soon as we were round the corner, I stopped.

"You need to stop this. They're getting suspicious!" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Maybe you should tell them then." He said calmly.

"Yeah you try telling your best friends-"

"They all know."

"Well. ....say they didn't. Would you?"

"Probably not."

"Exactly."

"But I can't just stop talking to you! We need to know if anything new comes up."

"If anything comes up I will talk to you. What must my friends think of me just disappearing with 'Edward Cullen' every lunchtime huh?! Jake's asked me this morning and I had to lie! I've never lied to him before!"

"I'm sure he'll find out in due time."

"In due ... he can't find out! I won't tell him!"

"You won't need to." I frowned.

"What are you-"

"Okay, we just need to check up on you so you can check up on our safety. It's not too mcuh to ask is it?"

"No, but taking me away from my friends every day for a 'chat' is! They might think we're dating or something!"

"And what's wrong with that?"

"Er, HELLO! You're married to Bella! Just, but you did it!" He laughed.

"True." He gestured to the floor by the lockers and I sat down and leant against them. He followed me. "So there's nothing yet?"

"No." I leaned my head back. "It's all just ... bleh."

"Bleh?"

"Yes, like a mush of things, like a fog." I said trying to voice my thoughts. "I mean there's shapes but they're more like silhouttes on the top of a hillin Russia while we're 6 feet underground in Forks."

"Well that's good." We stayed quiet for a moment. "Hey who's that blonde girlwas waiting outside school yesterday? I saw her run up to you and Jake suddenly."

"Oh, that's Jake's girlfriend. Her boobs are fake."

"I know." I looked at him and he laughed. "It's all she thinks about. So are you ok?" He looked genuinely concerned.

"Why wouldn't I be? Jake's happy with silicon boobs while I'm stuck here waiting for something to just happen." I sighed.

"I know you like Jake and everything but you-"

"Whoa when did I say I like Jake? I don't, we're just friends. Very, very good friends. Like blood."

"Okay. I might not be able to read your mind Amber, but I can tell if someone likes someone else. And you don't need to be jumping all over them to do that. But Jake does deserve to know about this, if you're really that close, you won't be able to keep it from him for long." He patted my knee, stood up and walked off.

Fucking Edward Cullen making me confused.

About whether I do like Jake as more than a friend,

and when I should tell him I'm a half-vampire.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i need 3 more comments before i update again!