Our Last First Kiss

Dinner

"Uncle Thomas, is it okay if I go to Emily's and spend the night?" I asked as I walked into the living room where my uncle was watching a baseball game. He picked up the remote and turned off the game looking over to me. I hadn't been over to her house in two days and I kind of missed the atmosphere there. Jacob had come by the other day. He told me he had a plan for our first date, which was going to happen this Friday. It was currently Tuesday afternoon.

"Again?" he said in disbelief and I nodded sheepishly my fingers crossed behind my back. "Why?' he asked suddenly and I blinked a few times.

"She's my friend." I shrugged hoping he'd by that, knowing that he really wouldn't. Uncle Thomas was smarter than I gave him credit for, half the time I think he just let me get away with stuff because he didn't want to deal with it.

"Is there a chance that those boys are gonna be hanging there?" he asked with a raised eyebrow and a hint of knowing behind his question. I bit my lower lip and shrugged my shoulders, but he scoffed. "That's why you want to go isn't it?" he asked me, but it seemed more like statement by his tone.

"Is that a yes?" I asked with a bit of hope in my voice and my eyes pleading. Uncle Thomas sighed not wanting to say no, but not wanting to say yes either. "Please." I begged clasping my hands together.

"Oh fine," he muttered and I thanked him giving him a big hug and kissed his temple. "Be back by 2:00 tomorrow." He said and I gave him a thumbs up as I ran to my room to pack, this time around I wanted to be comfortable.

* * * * *

"So how did you talk your uncle into letting you come?" Emily asked as we prepared dinner for the boys. I chuckled softly as I set the plates down on the table. It was a surprise for Jacob that I was staying tonight; he wasn't expecting me at all. None of them were actually.

"Pouty lip, glittering eyes, and complaining." I smirked and Emily snickered shaking her head as she mixed up the batter for some cookies she was making. She tossed in a few chocolate chips and then M&M's my favorite chocolate candy.

"Sneaky." Emily smiled at me as I walked over to her. We both laughed when we heard the door slid open. Seth trudged over to the kitchen and leaned against the counter. He blew the stray strands of hair from his face and stared at us. "You okay?" Emily asked her cousin.

"Peachy." He said sarcastically. Emily sighed and turned away to fix up the mashed potatoes she was working on moment ago. I pulled the glass cups from the cupboards and started to put them down on the table.

"So do you wanna talk about it?" I asked him.

"Why can't I go with them!" Seth whined loudly and I covered my ears. He was starting to sound like a broken record.

"It's been explained a hundred times Seth," I told him as I placed my hands on my hips. He huffed crossing his arms over his chest looking like a five year old who couldn't get the toy he wanted. "Why don't you take it up with your sister?" I asked him.

"Oh he's tried." Paul said walking in and I smiled at him. "Why are you here anyways?" he asked and I was a bit hurt by his question.

"Don't you want me here?" I asked.

"Sure so I can see another lovely couple making-out, wonderful." Paul smiled and I frowned he probably couldn't find a girl for himself. That would change though I would help him he deserved that much. Besides what girl would pass up his hot body and he was usually shirtless.

"We're not a couple." I said to him and he snorted. "We're friends with benefits." I shrugged and he scoffed once again.

"Puh-tay-toe, Poh-ta-toe." He mumbled as he sat down at the table awaiting the great feast Emily was cooking. I rolled my eyes trying to ignore him as I went back into the kitchen to get a pitcher of water and a pitcher of Emily's delicious strawberry tea.

Placing the pitchers in the middle of the table I heard voices from outside. A few seconds later Sam strolled in going straight for Emily not even noticing me. I smiled as he put his arms around her and whispered something into her ear that made her giggle. They were really cute.

"Shiloh?" Jacob's voice came as he and Jared strolled in with Quil and Embry play fighting behind them. I smiled at him as he walked over to me. He picked me up in his massive bear hug and spun me around. Laughing I put my hands on his shoulders and he put me back down on the ground. "You're cooking?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Yeah right, it's all Emily. I'm just helping." I smiled and Jacob chuckled softly.

"Food, food, food." Quil chanted as he sat down in his usual spot across from Paul. I smiled as Embry plopped down in the chair beside Quil and clapped his hands together.

"So can I like never come with you guys if Leah isn't around?" Seth asked and they all groaned even Sam who was in the other room. He moved away from Emily and walked into the dining area were Seth was giving them hurt stares.

"Stop it with the pathetic dog look, it won't work." Paul snapped at him.

"You guys let me hang with you before." Seth whined and Jacob shook his head. I chuckled softly as he removed his arm from around me and walked over to Seth. The youngest of the bunch looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Kid, I like you, but honestly you need to stop complaining already." Jacob put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. Seth let his head hang between his shoulders and nodded stiffly. "Thank you." Jacob said in relief and pulled out a chair sitting down beside Embry.

"But-" Seth started, but Jared stuffed a roll of bread into his mouth.

"Let's enjoy dinner with no complaints, what do you say Seth?" Jared asked with a smirk and Seth grumbled as he tried to chew the huge amount of bread in his mouth. Emily walked out of the kitchen with a huge bowl of chicken and placed it on the table. She rushed back into the kitchen and a few seconds later put down a bowl of mashed potatoes and then some sort of pasta stuff.

"Eat up." Emily smiled and the boys dug in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is where our action begins.
I might update again today.

Depending on comments that is.
Haha, thank you all for reading.

Please comment!

-Mimi