Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chaoter 18

Gerard watched Naomi walk out by herself, and a deep frown settled on his face. He noticed she didn’t walk out with her date, and he’d seen the look on her face when she saw him dancing with Eliza. It must have mirrored the look on his face when he had witnessed the kiss between her and Martyn Williams

Gerard thought about going after her, but he didn’t want to draw any
attention to himself by leaving Elizain the middle of a song. The last
thing he needed was for Elizato see him confronting someone who was more than a student. And he knew whatever he said to Naomi tonight, would only blow up in his face.

* * * * *

Naomi opened the door to the school office and switched on one row of
lights, illuminating a small section of the room in the glaring fluorescent glow as she walked over to the phone. Hearing the door open behind her, Naomiturned and felt her jaw tighten when she saw William Barrows standing behind her.

“I’ve been watching you all night, Nae,” he said with a wicked smile as he stepped closer to her. “And you haven’t even said hello to me.”

“Aren’t you here with Amy?” Naomi asked with a raised eyebrow.

“What of it?”

“I was just thinking that maybe you should be with your date, instead of
stalking your ex.”

“I just thought we could have a little fun,” William said with a grin.

“I think we had enough ‘fun’ while we were dating. Although, that’s
certainly not how I would describe it.”

“Come on, sweetheart,” Williamsaid, pinning her to the wooden counter and angling his lips to kiss her. “For old times sake.”

“No,” Naomi replied as she turned her head, letting William's lips come in
contact with her cheek. She could feel her heart begin to speed up, but breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the door open. She didn’t care who it was as long as she wasn’t alone with William.

“Mr. Barrows, back to the gym…NOW!”

Naomi briefly closed her eyes when she heard Gerard's voice. She certainly wasn’t relaxing, as she expected to, when Williamwalked out of the office.
Gerard waited until he had disappeared through the double doors before
turning to Naomi.

“Is he another one of your ‘nothings’?” Gerard asked with a raised eyebrow.

Naomi's eyes burned as she held back her tears. Taking a deep breath, she walked past Gerard, out into the hallway, surprised when he caught her by thearm.

“You never answered the question,” he said in a menacing tone.

Naomi jerked her arm out of his grasp as she pinned him with her own angry gaze. “What do you care? You were busy.”

“Not as busy as you,” Gerardcountered, jealousy dripping from his voice. “Two men in ten minutes, and planswith another one for later tonight? I’d say you’ve found your calling, sugar.”

Gerardregretted it the minute the words were out of his mouth. He watched her carefully, noting how Naomi's face stayed closed off, but her eyes reflected all of the pain that she was feeling. She slowly turned and
walked toward the exit doors when she heard his voice.

“Nae-“

“Don’t,” she said softly, her back still turned to him. “I know you meant
it- why take it back?”

‘But I didn’t,’ Gerardthought, wanting nothing more than to hold the young woman in his arms.

“And for the record,” Naomi continued, turning slightly to look at him over
her shoulder. “I told Martyn I didn’t want to be with him. And as for
William…he was the first man to treat me like I was nothing…but obviously not the last.”

Gerard's mouth opened slightly, wanting to call out to her as she walked out of the building, but no sound came out. He felt remorse flood through him as he realized what he’d said to her…and what she must be going through.

-----------
Kicked this out quickly.
Off to a wedding (Why put bridesmaid in strapless dresses when its friggin october!? Im gonna be freezsing!)
Anyway. Please comment. Lovers you lots =D