Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 25

Naomi lay in her bed later that night with tears streaming down her face. Her sobs hadn’t stopped since she walked through the door hours ago. She jumped when she heard the loud knocking on the door, not bothering to dry her eyes as she walked down the stairs. Naomi was surprised when she saw Gerard standing on her front porch, his bloodshot eyes taking in her appearance. She immediately wrapped her arms around her body, retreating into herself.

“Baby,” he whispered, walking into the house and closing the door behind him. “I’m sorry.”

Naomi watched him as her tears continued to fall. “For what?” she said softly, not wanting to believe that he was really wanting her back.

“I got scared…I thought…”

Gerard trailed off, unable to follow his thoughts that were racing through his head.

“Well, thanks for clearing that up,” Naomi said with a cold voice as she stared at him, tightening her arms around her body. “You’ve made it pretty clear.”

“I shouldn’t have told you to leave,” he whispered. “We’re going to have to be more careful.”

“That’s if I decide I even want to continue this,” Naomi replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I deserve that,” Gerard said, looking away from her.

Gerard jumped when he found Naomi sobbing in his arms, her face pressed against his chest,his arms immediately closing around her. “You can’t keep doing this to me, Gee,” she whispered, her tears being absorbed by his shirt. “It hurts too much.”

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, running his fingers through her hair. “I shouldn’t have gotten drunk tonight.”

Gerard knew it was a flimsy excuse. After all, the real problem was still boiling below the surface, but he could ignore it…for now.

“Will you hold me?” she asked softly, pulling him gently up the stairs.

Gerard nodded as they walked into her room. He watched as Naomi curled up on her bed, her eyes wide as he took off his shirt before lying down next to her, smiling softly when Naomi curled into him. It felt as if she was trying to burrow into his body, seeking comfort.

Both soon fell asleep, exhaustion taking precedence as they took reassurance in each other.

-------
I think they made up too soon.. But I got a really sweet text from Ben. And it made me think of how quickly I would go back to him if he ever did anything wrong.. So I felt they needed another sweet moment.. And that you needed an explanation.. =)