Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 27

After a few minutes, Gerard pulled away, smiling at the whimper that he heard when he separated himself from her. “You ready for your Christmas present, sugar?”

“I thought that was it,” Naomi replied with a coy smile.

“That was the first one,” Gerard said with his own smile as he stood up and grabbed a box from under the tree.

“Can you bring me my coat?” Naomi asked.

Gerard frowned but walked over and grabbed her coat. “Are you cold?” he asked in concern.

Naomi took it from him while shaking her head. “Not with the fire,” she said with a smile as she reached into the pocket, pulling out a box of her own and handing it to him.

“You didn’t have to do that,” Gerard said softly, sitting down next to her and giving her the other small box.

“Yes, I did,” Naomi replied, giving him a soft kiss before turning to her gift. Tearing away the paper and opening the box, Naomi gasped when she saw
the ring. It wasn’t an engagement ring- she probably would have passed out if it had been. It was a beautiful white gold band, inlaid with tiny diamonds all the way around.

‘It’s an eternity band,’ Naomi thought, looking at Gerard in shock. ‘Does he know what it is, or did he just like it?’

“I thought it would look good on you,” Gerard said, giving her a soft kiss.

‘That answers that question.’

“It’s beautiful,” Naomi murmured, slipping it onto her right hand, not wanting him to think she got the wrong impression from the ring. “You really shouldn’t have gotten something so extravagant.”

“You either,” Gerard replied, looking at the expensive watch that he was holding.

“You’re worth it,” Naomi said with a smile as Gerard kissed her again. She slowly pulled away, looking at the ring again.

“I wanted to give you something special,” Gerard said softly, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her onto his lap. “I wanted to show you how special you are to me,” he whispered, nuzzling her neck.

Naomi closed her eyes, leaning into his body, wanting desperately to tell him how much she loved him but knowing that now wouldn’t be the right time.
Tonight was a night to enjoy being together, not to bring up topics that would bring forth more troubles.

-------
I have nothing to do today. Except talk on MSN and update stories.. So keep up =)