Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 5

An hour later, Naomi and Gerard had settled into a comfortable work mode. The kiss hadn’t been mentioned again, and both weren’t sure how they felt about it.

“Did you hear from your dad?” Gerard asked as Naomi began putting her books away.

“Yeah,” Naomi replied. “He’s staying at a hotel a few miles away. He said he’s looking for an apartment,” she trailed off quietly.

“I’m sorry, sugar,” Gerard said softly.

“It’s not your fault,” Naomi said with a shrug, trying to look as nonchalant about the situation as possible.

“No,” Gerard replied. “But you shouldn’t have to go through this. It’s your senior year- you’re supposed to be out having a good time with your friends, not worrying about your parents.”

“I had more than enough fun last year,” Naomi replied, realizing too late that she was insinuating something that wasn’t necessarily true as Gerard looked at her questioningly. “I didn’t mean…”

Naomi trailed off with a sigh looking away as she and Gerard both stood from their seats.

Gerard slowly leaned forward to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. The intimacy of the moment surprised both of them as they looked into each other’s eyes. Gerard's hand rested on her cheek longer than necessary as they slowly began feeling the pull to the other.

Gerard sighed, closing his eyes as he took a small step back. “Okay, so it’s not entirely forgotten.”

Naomi was surprised that he had spoken so bluntly, her mouth dropping open slightly as she watched him.

Gerard opened his eyes, tightening his jaw as he looked at her before reaching out and gently taking her hand in his. “I really shouldn’t be doing this.”

Naomi barely had time to register what he had said as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her close and crushing his mouth to hers. The previous kiss had been warm and tender. This one was desperate. His body pressed hers against the nearby wall as their tongues met, frantically craving contact from the other.

Gerard broke away from her lips, trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck. He could feel her heart rapidly pounding under his touch as his lips met hers in a softer kiss.

Breaking away after a moment, Gerard took a step back, his hands never leaving her waist as he looked into her passion-filled eyes.

“I haven’t thought of anything but you since I met you,” he whispered as they both caught their breath. “I can’t get you out of my mind, Naenae..”

Naomi's heartbeat sped up as he, once again, closed the distance between them, his body fitting against hers. “You should probably go,” he murmured without moving out of the way to actually let her go.

“Yeah,” Naomi whispered, her eyes traveling from his eyes to his lips and back again. “I really should.”

Instead of moving to the door, Gerard's lips came down to Naomi's again, savoring everything, from the way she tasted to how her body felt against his.

His hands slowly traveled the length of her body before playing with the hem of her shirt. Naomi broke away, breathing deeply as she took both of his hands in hers, bringing them back up to her waist, making the implications clear as Gerard nodded.

“Didn’t mean to get so carried away, sugar,” he said softly, simply enjoying her hands in his as he stared at her.

Naomi nodded. “I guess I should go.”

“I can take you home,” Gerard said as she grabbed her bag off the floor.

Naomi turned around with a smile on her face. “Somehow, I don’t think that would be the best idea, do you?”

Gerard chuckled, biting his bottom lip in an endearing way as he raised his eyes to hers. “I guess you’re right.”

Naomi watched him as his expression turned serious.

“Nae-“

“You don’t have to say it,” Naomi said, waving her hand dismissively. “I know this doesn’t mean anything.”

“It doesn’t?”

The question caused Naomi's eyes to widen as she looked at him. “Does it?” she asked quietly, not sure if she wanted an answer.

Gerard took a step forward, loosely taking her hand in his as he raised it to his lips, leaving a delicate kiss on it as he kept eye contact. “Yes.”

- - - - -
Oh yeah. She's on a roll people!