Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Never My Love

Emmett caressed the mark on Paula’s neck, something about her having his mark made him feel like a king.

He figured that this was what the greasers must feel like when they see their girl wearing their ring, but the great thing about this mark was that it would never come off.

They pulled into the driveway and all eyes were on them. The students were whispering about how they had gone off to do some necking.

Paula heard someone say that and she started laughing, they had no clue just how much necking they had done.

“Paula how are you gonna cover the mark?”

“My hair. I’m just going to go messy with it.”

“Alright.”

They got out of the car just in time for the bell to ring and to walk to class to hear the girls and guys talking about when they could expect a Lombardi Cullen wedding and how it was going to be the party of their lives.

The month of November soon came to an end and Christmas was right around the corner. The past month and a half had been very hectic.

There were weekly rumbles going down, for the most part it was one on one, at the most five on five but they weren’t anything to really worry the T-Birds, especially since they were winning all of the rumbles.

Right now Emmett and Paula were in the middle of the forest on the highest hill laying down on the blanket, with the sun hitting Emmett’s gorgeous body causing him to glow.

Paula traced his abs and stared at his face, she could spend the whole day looking at his face.

Emmett stared at her as well, and Paula said, “Staring contest in 1.2.3.”

A minute into it Paula blinked and let out a slew of curse words

“You’re a fucking cheater! You don’t have to blink it’s like wtf! You don’t play fair.”

“You’re the one challenging me to a game!”

“You should’ve said woah babe I can’t play this.”

“But I like playing with you.”

“Oh I know that.”

“we should get back before my family starts freaking out again.”

“So you suck my blood every once in awhile I don’t think it’s a big deal.”

“Neither do I. I can control myself.”

“Definitely. I don’t know how you do it though! If I had a whiskey on a hot Tennessee night I’d chug.”

“That’s because you don’t know how to drink. When you have a fine liquor, you’re supposed to take small sips to savor the taste.”

“I’m a fine liquor? Shoot I should charge you for the drinks.”

“I’m willing to pay whatever the price!”

“One billion dollars!”

“Give me a week and I’ll come up with it.”

“You’re so silly!”

“I’m totally serious.”

“I know you are, my bloods got you all crazy. So take me back before we have Edward kill the mood again.”

“Oh my! He worries so fucking much! Just cuz he always almost lost control with Bella doesn’t mean I will. I’ve drank your blood what four times now, and we’re still good.”

“Trust issues!”

“Indeed.”

Emmett stood up and helped Paula get up. She put on Emmett’s jacket and wrapped her legs around his back, placing her head on the crook of his neck and she held on for dear life as Emmett ran back down to his home.

Paula closed her eyes when a delicious smell captivated her senses. She walked into Emmett’s house and saw Esme placing a plate of chilaquiles (Mexican food) on the table.
Paula ran over to Esme and hugged her, “Thank you soo much! I’ve been craving these!”

“Emmett told me. I’ve never made these before, but I hope they came out well.”

“Trust me, it smells delicious.”

After Paula finished eating she washed the dishes and joined the Cullen’s in the living room. She curled up next to Emmett on the couch, and heard the Cullen’s discussing holiday plans.

She wasn’t engaged in the conversation until Carlisle said, “Paula what do you do for Christmas?”

“We don’t do anything on Christmas day.”

“What? I thought most people celebrate it on Christmas day.”

“Nope, we do Christmas Eve. The family comes to our house, we have a big dinner and party, then we wait till midnight pass around a baby Jesus and you kiss him and get a candy, we pray a rosary, and exchange some gifts. Then sleep through the next day and lazy around the house.”

“So does this mean that if we had a dinner on Christmas day you could come?”

“You want me to go hunting with you? Ain’t that dangerous?”

“No dear, we mean that we’ll make you dinner and you can come.”

“Esme, you don’t gotta cook for me. I’ll eat at home!”

“Don’t be silly I haven’t cooked a Christmas meal in more than eighty years, please?”

“Just cuz I can’t say no to you. Well I gotta go home now, have to help my ma start cleaning the house for the party. Night!”

Emmett drove Paula to her house, and said goodnight, he would be back in half an hour to spend the night.

“Marie.”

“Hi ma, hi dad.”

“How was your evening?”

“It was good, we went out and hiked a bit then played some cricket.”

“Cricket?”

“Yeah, that fucking English game you know, retarded baseball.”

“Oh yes. Did anything interesting happen?”

“Oh yeah. They invited me over to there house on Christmas day. Is it alright if I go?”

“Of course. We just have to go buy them gifts!”

“Ma, they have everything!”

“Not everything.”

“Practically!”

“I know what they don’t have! Remember how grandma bought ten sets of fine china? We’ll give the one! Those are expensive and exquisite!”

“Alright ma!”

Christmas day soon came and Paula was dressed in her finest blue party dress. Her mother clipped her hair up in a sophisticated manner, and saw the bite mark.

“Dear what is this?”

“My latest tattoo.”

“you got another one? On the neck!”

“Yes ma, chill out it’s silver it don’t look bad.”

“You and your ideas! You look like a damn vampire just bit you!”

“That’s the idea ma!”

“Where did you get this idea?”

“Saw it on the teli, had to have it.”

“Has Emmett seen this? I don’t think he’ll be happy about this one!”

Paula laughed in her mind at this argument. Her mom was set that Emmett hated the marks on her neck, when it was arguably his favorite non natural part of her body.

“Ma quit fussing I’m gonna be late.”

Paula grabbed her coat and the pile of presents, she knew that the Cullen’s were loaded and had everything they could possibly ever want but she was still getting them a small token for Christmas.

The door swung open as Paula walked up the steps and Emmett took the gifts from her hand and put them on the couch, scooping her up into his arms and planting a soft kiss on her lips.

Paula was dazzled by his action and said, “Well hello to you too!”

“I missed you.”

“I shouldn’t see you more often if this is the hello I’ll get!”

“Come in! You have to see how we decorated.”

Paula’s eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw how the Cullen’s decorated. It was as if they were in the North Pole, lights filled the house, a huge tree was in the living room and presents galore!

“you guys go all fucking out! What’s that smell!”

“Come to the kitchen dear!”

Paula walked to the kitchen and saw a ham on the table, with mashed potatoes, corn slaw, rice, corn bread and pie.

She kissed Esme on the cheek and said, “You spoil me! Why do you treat me so good Esme?”

“Because you’re so lovable dear and you’re so grateful!”

“Who wouldn’t be! You don’t have to do any of this for me, you’re an angel mamma!”

“sit down and eat before it gets cold.”

Four plates and a loosening of a dress later Paula was done eating and was sitting on the couch listening to Edward play the piano.

When he finished Paula stood up and said, “I got you guys a little gift. They’re not much you know, but they mean something.”

“Esme, Carlisle merry Christmas!”

She handed Emmett and Carlisle a large beautifully wrapped box. They opened it slowly and Esme’s eyes widened with happiness.

“This is the same China they had aboard the Titanic! I can’t accept this.”

“You can and you will. I know you guys don’t eat, but I figure nice china is appreciated everywhere.”

“where did you find this?”

“Can’t tell you that it’s a secret. Now, Alice, Jasper merry Christmas.”

Alice took the box and opened it screaming when she saw a vintage Chanel dress. She swung her arms around Paula’s dress and said, “I was looking everywhere for this dress! I told Jasper I had to have it for prom! OMG I love you!”

“I love you too Tinkerbelle.”

Jasper gasped when he saw the hand stitched confederate flag. It was meticulously done and looked as if it were from the old days.

“Did you do this by hand?”

“Yeah, pretty painful but uh you like it?”

“You’re the best!”

Jasper hugged her tight and kissed her cheek. He was glad that she had come into all of their lives. Paula walked over to Edward and Bella and gave them a small package.

Edward already knew it was going to be something bad since Paula was cracking up in her head, and sure enough when he opened the package Bella shut her eyes and Edward said, “What is the idea of this?”

“It’s a thoughtful gift!”

“What!”

“What did she get you Edward?”

“Forget about it Emmett.”

“No what is it?”

Edward flashed him the title of the book and Emmett began laughing fiercely. He looked at Paula and kissed her on the forehead.

“Kama Sutra?”

“with illustrations for optimal learning.”

“Very thoughtful”

“I know and he’s mad!”

“Ungrateful Edward.”

“This is your real gift Edward, bella.”

Paula handed them a large package and when they opened it they found a beautiful hand quilted blanket.

Edward smiled and said, “Thank you, this is very sweet.”

“Emmett.”

“Before you give me my gift, let me give you yours.”

“Alright, where is it?”

“Come upstairs with me.”

“k.”

Paula walked upstairs and sat on the bed while Emmett stood in front of her.

“Calm down Teddy, relax.”

“I can’t not right now.”

“Why what’s wrong?”

“Do you think you’ll ever stop loving me?”

“What? Of course not. You’re my man. Why? Are you breaking up with me?”

“No! NO! I just, breathe Emmett.” Emmett got down on one knee and took her hand in his, “Paula Marie Lombardi I have spent seventy five years waiting for you to come my way. I know, that being with me you’ll have to give up a lot of things and if I didn’t feel that I love you with every inch of my being I wouldn’t be here right now. I love you more than words can say. God, when I first saw you with your smile so tender; my heart was captured my soul surrendered. I’ve spent a lifetime waiting for you to come my way. Now that you’re near the time is here at last.” Emmett stopped and took out a black box from his pocket, he opened it revealing a beautiful engagement ring, “Will you marry me?”

Paula cried tears of joy and nodded her head fiercely. Emmett slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her hand.

Paula jumped off the bed and onto his lap, she cried as she kissed him all over his face. This was the greatest thing that could ever happen to her.

Just as they were kissing the door opened. They turned to see who was in the doorway and saw Alice standing there with a large grin on her face, “Time to plan a wedding!”