Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Mr. Romano

A week went by and no more rumbles had taken place. This was something that the town was taking as a good sign but the greasers knew better than that.

They knew that this temporary peace was only happening because the scorpions had realized that they were up against an army that would not fall and had thrown themselves into heavy duty practice.

Paula and the guys had spent the entire week practicing, except on Saturday when her grandfather’s funeral was held.

It was a very warm and touching funeral, he was buried next to his wife and Paula couldn’t help but think that he was finally happy. He was finally reunited with her after almost fifty years of being apart.

Paula sat on the hood of her car that Monday like she did everyday. She knew that Edward was still trying to read her thoughts so she constantly sang angry Tiger Army songs.

The Cullen’s were still trying to talk to Paula but found that she was an expert at ignoring and avoiding them.

That Monday the talk of the school was on the Sadie’s Hawkins Day Dance that would be held in two weeks and the girls were nervous trying to figure out what boy they would ask.

Paula had already decided that she wasn’t going to go, even though there were a slew of boys asking her to the dance.

They were all taken out of their thoughts when a car came speeding into the parking lot. At first panic sunk into the hearts of the squares but when they saw the mystery man step out of the car their panic turned to admiration. Because standing before them was James Romano, the most handsome and famous Greaser of the day.

Paula smirked when she saw James, he was the man that her grandfather had always expected her to marry because he came from a strong Italian family and was as traditional a greaser as he.

James walked over to Paula slowly, letting the preps take in his unnaturally good looks. He was tall standing at 6’2’’, had dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, both his hands were covered in tattoos, and he had his mothers face tattooed on his neck.

He stopped in front of Paula and said, “Ms. Lombardi.”

“Mr. Romano.”

“Want to go for a ride?”

“Sure.”

Emmett stared as the handsome human talked to Paula, he was angry that he couldn’t go over there and tell him to leave, but he knew that it was impossible because if he pulled a stunt like that Rosalie would go mad.

His eyes narrowed when he saw Paula jump into the car with the man. How could she just ditch class like that!

Paula smiled as the breeze hit her hair. Today she had just put stuffed her hair into her pink bandana not wanting to deal with putting grease in her hair.

She turned over to James and said, “What are you doing here? Weren’t you in Italy?”

“Yeah, but I heard that the war started up and I had to come back.”

“What are you talking about? You ain’t a part of either of our gangs.”

“I know that, but that don’t mean I don’t want to see the war go down.”

“You’re here for entertainment purposes.”

“OH yes, I’m big on entertainment.”

“cheeky bastard.”

“I heard what happened, too, that’s why I really came.”

“Cuz I got dumped at the alter?”

“When you say it like that, it sounds like a bad thing.”

“It is ain’t it?”

“Nah, I think it’s a very good thing, cuz now.”

“Now what?”

“You can be with me.”

“Why would I do a thing like that James?”

“Because you need a greaser to stand by you during this war. That’s why your grandpa and my grandparents always wanted us to be together, cuz they know that I’m just as much of a greaser as you and they know that I’ll do nothing but love and protect you.”

“Nice joke.”

“I ain’t joking. Look at us, we look great together. We live the same lifestyle and baby I’ll take you for the ride of your life.”

Paula smirked when she thought of being with James, it would be a very good idea because maybe if the Cullen’s saw her with someone else they would finally stop bugging her.

“Alright, but you know the rules.”

“Oh I know the rules.”

“Then ask me that bit.”

James smirked and dug into his pocket for his ring, “Wanna go steady?”

“Yeah.”

James slipped the ring on her third finger and Paula took off the bandana from her hair.

“Your mirror warmer.”

“And this is your mirror warmer.”

He handed her a silver handkerchief and she smirked stashing it into her pocket. Paula looked at him, and overcome by all the repressed sexual desires that she had from her time with Emmett, she pounced on James and latched her lips to his.

James was taken aback by the sudden act, but he was by no means turned off.

He pushed Paula to the back seat and took off his own jacket; Paula was in the back taking hers off. He climbed on top of her and latched his lips to her neck; he was surely going to leave a hickey.

Paula’s hands traveled to the hem of his shirt and took it off, then her hands went to work on his belt buckle, soon leaving him in nothing at all.

James hands worked quickly at undressing Paula, he latched his lips to hers and thrust deep into her. Paula screamed out in pain when his member pierced her.

It was her first time and entering without any warning at all was painful. James was brutal with his thrust, he was a hard and deep kind of man.

Paula’s minds wandered and she thought to herself that this is probably how Emmett has sex. Her mind quickly envisioned him on top of Rosalie pounding into her, moaning her name and she shook her head focusing on the gorgeous man on top of her.

All eyes were on James car when they pulled into the parking lot during lunch. On his rear view mirror was Paula’s pink bandana, soon the news of Paula going steady spread around the school.

She emerged from the car with her hair a wild mess and a glow on her face it didn’t take a genius to figure out that she had just gotten laid.

Paula ran her right hand through her hair and James class ring from college sparkled. He had graduated from Harvard so you could tell the ring was big and very shiny.

Paula slammed the door shut and hit the door with her fist, with that James was off.

Paula knew that Emmett was staring at her so she took the opportunity to think at the top of her brain about the sex she had just had with James.

Edward shuttered at the vivid imagery that Paula was relaying to him. Emmett tensed, but Edward shook his head, this wasn’t the place to tell his brother what had happened. Lord knew what Emmett would do.

Paula walked over to her car and took out James silver handkerchief and wrapped it around her mirror. She put her leg up against her car and started talking to her boys.

Emmett swung a large tree into the clearing, he was enraged by the news that Edward had just told him. How dare she be having sex with anyone other than him!

She was his, she wore his mark on her neck so how dare she try and be happy with someone when he was so miserable.

Edward was angered by his brother’s thoughts. Emmett was playing the victim card, acting as if he had done nothing wrong and that Paula was the bad person in the picture.

“Don’t you go blaming her Emmett!”

“It’s all her fault!”

“Her fault?! Who broke who’s heart?”

“That doesn’t matter! She’s out there having sex!”

“So are you!”

“It’s different!”

“How’s it different?”

“I’m miserable and she’s happy!”

“She’s not happy! YOU FUCKING THICK HEADED BABOON!”

Emmett shut his mouth at that, Edward had never insulted him like that in all of the years that he had known him. Edward looked at Emmett and said, “Damn it! You fucked all of this up you know that! You’re in love with her, she is YOUR SINGER and you’ve done nothing but hurt her!”

“You don’t understand Edward, there are too many things in the way!”

“I don’t understand? Stop making up all of these damn excuses! You have it so much easier than Bella and I did! You’ve tasted her blood several times and you can control yourself! There is no Volturi to try and tell you what to do! There is no wolf trying to sabotage you!”

“There’s Rosalie!”

“One person to stand up too! You should’ve been a man and told her what was going on long before it got as far as it did. As soon as you smelled Paula’s blood you should’ve been on a flight over to France to tell Rosalie what had happened, but NO! You turned a blind eye to the Rosalie problem! And what happened? She showed up on YOUR wedding day and RUINED everything! But it’s not her fault, it’s not Paula’s fault, it’s all YOUR FAULT!”

“What am I supposed to do?”

“That’s something you need to figure out for yourself. No one can help you, because this is a decision you have to make for yourself.”