‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 10

I shouldn’t be crying over a guy I met yesterday. It just seems ridiculous. I don’t understand how this one guy can pull and tug at my heart so much in such a short time.

Maybe it’s not even worth waiting it out for him. He seemed like he was into me yesterday, what makes today so different? He kissed me, for crying out loud. He must’ve felt something.

Unless he’s still a whore, and Riley just didn’t want to make me feel bad or anything by telling me he wasn’t. If anything I feel worse now.

I heard the bathroom door slam against the wall, the body that came through it falling down the wall next to me. I felt their arms wrap around me and I automatically knew it was Nick. I threw my arms around him, continuing to sob.

“Nick.” I started, my voice barely there.

“I’m sorry, Ian, I’m such a-” He cut me off with his apologies.

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” I asked, cutting off his apology.

He stayed quiet for a while, then squeezed me tighter into him and answered, “I’m starting to think so.”

“Why would you say any of that, any of what you said out in the hall, and then come running back in here?” I asked, looking up at him, my face probably a complete mess.

“I’m a dumb ass.”

“No. You were just trying to make this better, make this seem like a legit relationship.” I argued, trying to make him not blame himself.

“It didn’t work.” He said, lifting my chin so I was forced to stare into his beautiful hazel eyes, which were blue from the few tears that were falling down his face. “Fuck getting to know each other. We can do that as we go. I know a good thing when I see it, and you? You’re amazing.”

Those last two words meant more to me than that whole speech. I haven’t heard anyone
call me amazing in such a long time, if at all.

I smiled, more tears coming to my eyes, directing Nick’s lips to mine in a tender loving
kiss.

“I’m sorry I did this to you.” Nick said, his face still close to mine, pushing my mess of hair away from my face.

“Don’t be sorry, sweetie. Just tell me that you’ll never do anything this stupid again.” I said quietly, kissing him again.

I heard someone else come in the bathroom.

“You guys disgust me.” I heard someone say, sounding like Ethan.

“Well at least we don’t whip it out at every chance we get.” Nick said.

Yup, definitely Ethan.

“What’s with that Riley kid?” Ethan asked, going off the topic of his whoreiness.

“What, why doesn’t he want to get with you?” Nick asked as we stood up and I slipped my hand around his waist. “He has more common sense than that.”

We left before Ethan could drop any rude or sarcastic comments and went to first hour.

We got back to class, surprisingly tardy free, and started taking notes where she left off.

I felt Nick grab my hand and squeeze it affectionately, making me smile and blush.

I grabbed the container of muffins and brought them to lunch, and he loved them. He kept telling me that I don’t have to do this stuff for him, but I really do.

This one random guy stood up for us when some jock guys were shit talking. It was awkward, but at least it shut them up for a few minutes.

I followed Nick and Riley to the twins’ car after school, cuddling into Nick’s chest to keep some sort of warmth while I waited for my mom.

“What are you doing tonight?” Nick asked.

“A crap ton of homework. Sorry, hun.” I said, kissing his nose.

“It’s alright, really. I doubt Riley would want to deal with us anyways.” Nick said, smirking.

I saw the twins come out of the school, and I didn’t want to leave. Not yet. I wanted to cuddle with Nick all night.

I looked up at him and gave him a goodbye kiss, wrapping my arms around him.

“Please, people don’t want to see that.” One of them said as they got into the car and started it up.

Nick pulled away from my lips gently, smiling, then tightening his embrace. “I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

I kissed him once more. I let go of him and nodded, walking away from Nick and Riley, hearing his brothers revving up the engine of their car, obviously getting impatient.

I got to my mom’s car and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Congratulations, honey. I’m guessing everything went good at school today?”

I just smiled as she pulled away from the school. “Yeah, it was a good day.”

I started on homework right away when I got home, but couldn’t concentrate on it at all. I pulled out my phone, contemplating whether to call Nick or not. I don’t know how either of our parents would like that.

I scrolled to his number to call anyways.

“Hey, what’s up?” I heard him answer.

“Hi, um, could you come over? I seriously can’t concentrate on my schoolwork.” I said, feeling slightly embarrassed.

“I’ll be over in a little bit.” He said, then hung up.

He definitely wasn’t one for long phone conversations.

He was at my house in a little more than five minutes. I forgot how close he lived to me.

I opened the door and we hugged, but saved the kissing for later since Mom was right there. I don’t like public displays of affection around parents, I feel awkward.

“Room?” Nick asked, looking down the hall, then back at me.

“Yeah, lets go.” I said, grabbing my homework so we could “do homework.”

“Dinner’s in two hours!” Mom called from the kitchen.

“Kay, Mom!” I yelled back, going into my room.

I closed my door and dropped my backpack, sitting on my bed, Nick following. I scooted so I could lay down and patted the spot next to me. He gladly complied and we instantly cuddled up to each other.

“You couldn’t stay away from me that long?” Nick asked playfully.

“I couldn’t concentrate on my homework because you were overtaking my mind.” I said, scooting closer to him.

“I tend to do that to people.” He said.

I gave him a “come on, really?” look.

He smiled and kissed me. “I’m only kidding, Ian.”

I smiled and kissed him again, this time more passionate than the last.

He pulled away from my lips before it could get too heated. I didn’t want to move that fast, and obviously Nick didn’t either.
I scooted down a little and rested my head on Nick’s rising and falling chest, closing my eyes. I slowly drifted off into sleep as Nick played with my hair, which somehow relaxed me even more.

Before I was completely out of it, I felt Nick kiss my forehead. “Good night, Ian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much happening, sorry if it was boring D:

<33