‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 11

I heard my phone ringing, but I couldn’t tell if it was a dream or not.

I opened my eyes and realized that it wasn’t a dream. I flung my arm over to my bedside table and saw that Ian was calling. I rubbed my eyes and tried waking up as fast as possible. I didn’t want him to know that he woke me up from an afternoon nap.

I flipped open the phone. “Hey, what’s up?” I asked, holding back a yawn.

“Hi, um, could you come over? I seriously can’t concentrate on my schoolwork.” He said, sounding slightly embarrassed.

I almost giggled at how cute his face must be right now.

“I’ll be over in a little bit.” I hung up, not wanting to waste any time.

I flew out of bed and slipped my shoes and a sweatshirt on.

“Mom, I’m going out.” I called out, still weirded out by calling Riley’s mom “Mom”.

“Where you headed?” She and Riley asked in unison.

“Ian’s. He wants me to help him with some homework.” I said, not entirely sure that’s what we’re going to be doing.

“Alright, call me later.” She yelled as I walked out the door.

“Stay protected!” I heard Riley yell.

I wanted to yell at him, but I decided against it and just let myself smile and get red in the cheeks.

The wind was brisk, hitting my face like splinters of ice. I didn’t think the wind could get this cold when it was only September.

I put my hood up to hide my face from the wind. It helped, but just barely. I’m wishing right about now that I would’ve asked for a ride.

I didn’t realize how close Ian’s house actually is to Riley’s. I got to his house in a little over five minutes.

I knocked on the door and Ian opened it in the middle of my knock.

He smiled and let me in, hugging me tightly. I wanted to kiss him, but he didn’t seem to want to, so I decided against it. We’d probably be doing plenty of that later, anyways.

“Room?” I asked, looking towards his room, then back at Ian.

“Yeah, lets go.” He said, grabbing his backpack. He actually thinks we’re going to do homework. I almost laughed.

“Dinner’s in two hours!” His mom called from the kitchen.

“’Kay, mom!” Ian called out. He closed the door and put his backpack on the floor.

We both sat down on his bed, and Ian switched his position to lay down, patting the spot next to him.

I smiled and took that spot, instantly getting close to him. It’s so easy cuddling with him. It feels like we’re two perfectly snug puzzle pieces.

“You couldn’t stay away from me that long?” I asked, smiling.

Ian scooted closer to me, if that was even possible. “I couldn’t concentrate on my homework because you were overtaking my mind.”

“I tend to do that to people.” I said, sounding totally full of myself.

Ian just looked up at me, his face pretty much saying “are you serious?”.

I smiled, laughing a little, pressing my lips to his. “I’m only kidding, Ian.”

He just smiled at me and kissed me, the passion escalating from the last kiss. He placed his hand on the side of my neck and rolled so he was on top of me.

Ian’s hands explored my body while I did the same. His fingertips tickled the skin around my hipbones, making me let out a slight moan.

I pulled my lips away from his slowly, looking longingly into his eyes. I didn’t want to move too fast. Getting in his pants the second day of dating would only enhance the details of my past.

I crawled off of him and Ian cuddled into my chest. I noticed he was starting to fall asleep as I gently played with his hair. I pushed his hair away from his forehead and placed a soft kiss on it. “Goodnight, Ian.”

When he didn’t answer, I knew he was asleep. I was tempted to tell him that I loved him, but I held it back. I wasn’t sure if I loved him or not, or if it‘s just the early blissful feelings every couple feels during the first couple days. It’s too early to know, though I do know that I don’t want to lose him.

I continued petting Ian’s hair until I eventually fell asleep too.

I slowly woke up, feeling disgruntled, until I realized that Ian’s kisses were the things waking me up, taking away the disgruntled feeling.

I opened my eyes slightly and found Ian’s lips with my own.

“Hey.” I said drowsily, yawning.

“Your mom just called. I told her you’re sleeping over here.” He said, smiling at me.

“Mmm, what time is it?”

“About 10.” He said, still smiling, looking into my eyes.

I returned the smile, kissing him, still drowsy. “More sleepy time?”

Ian laughed lightly and sat up. “But I’m not tired.”

I yawned, sitting up as well. “Fine. No more sleepy time. We missed dinner, didn’t we?”

He rested his head on my shoulder. “Yeah, by a few hours. Mom left us leftovers, if you’re hungry.”

I shook my head. “I don’t like eating this late. It makes my stomach hurt. And haven’t you heard that eating past 8 is bad for you? I don’t need any extra baggage, thank you very much.”

Ian laughed and wrapped his arms around me.

“What other movies do you have?” I asked, thinking that it could be a way to get Ian tired again so we could sleep.

“I don’t know, let us see.” Ian said, pulling me off the bed with him to look through his closet of movies.

We ended up not watching a movie and instead going into the kitchen because Ian wanted to bake stuff.

“So what do you wanna make?” I asked, looking in a recipe book Ian dragged out of a drawer. “Oh! We could make Halloween themed cut out cookies, even though it’s not for another month or so.”

“You just want to use frosting, don’t you?” Ian asked, giving me a sneaky, suspicious glance.

I smirked. “Maybe.”

Ian opened up a cupboard and grabbed a container of frosting from the top shelf. I’m surprised he could reach it. He then grabbed some shortbread cookies from the first shelf and two knives.

“Here. Cookies, and frosting. Halloween themed they are not, but this is the most I can do for you.” Ian said, setting all the stuff down in front of me, then going into the fridge to grab eggs.

“What are you gonna do?” I asked, opening up the fresh thing of frosting.

“Making a cake for my mom to bring to work tomorrow. She likes it when I do that.” He said simply, grabbing the box of cake mix and vegetable oil.

“Psh, cheater.” I said, stuffing a cookie in my mouth.

He stuck his tongue out at me.

“Does this mean that I can’t have any of the frosting?” I asked.

“I have two other things full of frosting, I’ll be okay, hun.” Ian said, bending down to grab a bowl from the cabinet.

“I see London, I see France..” I started, feeling like a 5 year old.

Ian looked behind him and glared at me. “You like it.”

“I never said I didn’t.” I said, smirking at him, sticking my finger in the frosting and licking it off.

Ian shook his head and stood back up.

“Do you want me to help?” I asked, standing up, bringing the frosting with me.

“Um, no, I think I got this under control.” He said, looking at me and smiling.
“I don’t think you do.” I said, taking a finger full of frosting and wiping it on his nose.

He jumped at my unexpected action and reached for the frosting, but I pulled it away too fast.

“Niiiick! That was uncalled for!” Ian whined, still trying to get the frosting.

“But this isn’t.” I said, licking the frosting off of his nose, then going to kiss him, pushing my tongue through his lips so he could get a taste.

I dropped the container of frosting and put my hands on his hips, pulling him right up against me, as he put his hands in my butt pockets. I squeezed his hips lightly, but it must’ve been a good spot to squeeze, because he let out a small moan against my lips. He squeezed my ass and the kiss became that much more passionate.

Ian pulled away slowly from my lips, though I wanted to keep going. He kept his face close to mine, his hand on the back of my head, the other still in my back pocket, surely teasing me. “You taste really good.”

“Then why’d you stop?” I asked quietly, leaning in again to kiss him.

He leaned away, smirking seductively, then bending down to pick up the frosting. “You were losing your flavor.” He took a finger full and stuck it in my mouth.

I licked his finger practically clean and he attacked my mouth with his, getting back to the same place we left off at.

Once all the frosting was gone, I moved down to his neck, kissing and biting at it softly. I could tell he was holding in his moans, probably for the sake of staying quiet and not waking his mom up.

Ian directed my lips back up to his as he pressed me against the counter. I felt his hands linger around the waistline of my pants. I wanted to beg for him to take them off, but I refuse to go that far with him now.

“We should move to someplace more private.” Ian said in a low voice.

I knew exactly what that meant. I let go of Ian and looked at the floor, then back at him. “I don’t think…no, I know I’m not ready to go that far with you yet.”

Ian, though I could tell he was disappointed, smiled at me and kissed me lightly. “I don’t think I am either. I just got caught up in the moment.”

I hugged him tightly. “Are you going to finish your cake?”

Ian shook his head. “I’ll make it tomorrow for her to take on Sunday. I got slightly distracted.” He said, a playful tone in the last sentence.

“I wonder by who.” I said, smirking, then yawning.

“Sleepy time?” Ian asked.

I looked at him and smiled, kissing him. “Sleepy time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY LONG CHAPTER :D
And good intense, once again, on behalf of Jones <3 My lovely husband.

<3