Unitl I Break

Chapter 29: Playing doctor

Dressed and ready, Gerard and Seville made their way to the local hospital, hopefully to have Seville’s cast removed.

“if they don’t take it off, I am.” Said Seville impatiently rocking back and forth in the seat beside Gerard; one of the runners was dropping them off in town.

“chill out spaz,” Gerard said sipping his coffee, “its your own fault you know,” he said as he slid his arm over her shoulders pulling her cozily into his side.

With a deep sigh, “s’pose you’re right.”

“I know.”

Seville shot him a warm look of playful annoyance, “better be careful Gee..”

“be careful of what?”

“wouldn’t want you’re ego to explode… and at the rate you’re going,” Seville said in a happy, dragging, singsong manner.

“well .....well.... well…”

“well what?” Seville said pulling out of his grasp to look him in the eyes.

“well wouldn’t you miss me if I exploded?” Gerard said in mockery of her playful banter.

“damn it gee why do you always gotta make that cute little puppy dog face?”

She reached up, face to face with Gerard. Her warm breathe on his face linger sumptuously before him. Seville blushed and bit her lip realizing how forward she was acting, “why do you always gotta bit your lip so adorably?”

Seville blushed more and was about to pull away, retreating into her corner of the back seat when Gerard took her face delicately in his hands, “I can’t resist you ville.”

He said this with finality bringing his lips to hers, the moment was killed when Lucas, the runner/chauffeur interjected with a plea, “please don’t soil the seats, that’s new upholstery.”

Moments later they roled up to the hospital...

“Luke, either use your Jedi mind tricks or get the door for the lady… you tool…”

“Whatever Darth Vader…” Lucas said opening the door and letting Seville out, “call me when you guys are done today.”

“Thanks Lucas,” Seville said pecking him on the check as she jumped out of the car. The look on Lucas’s face said it all, he was melting.

“Am I in heaven?” Lucas asked aloud in a mumble to himself as Gerard exited the back seat, Ville waltzing towards the hospital doors.

“Not yet, but I promise I’ll make your life a living hell if you even think about…” Gerard was threatening a bewildered Lucas when he was cut off.

Seville spun round to face the boys her satin blonde hair catching the light with a glimmer; she was ready to start the day and there they were gossiping away, “Gee you coming or what?” she asked playfully eager. It was her beaming smile that relaxed him. He wasn’t normally the jealous type but when it came to Seville he just…was.

“Sorry Ger…”

“No man, its okay Luke, see ya later?” Gerard said in hushed tones so as Seville couldn’t here them.

“Yeah call me when you’re ready.” And like that Lucas took off.

“For a second there I thought you were getting back in the car with him, Gee.”

“I probably should have huh? I mean, I bet he puts out on the first date…” Gerard said taking Seville’s arm in his own and leading her into the building.

“oh geez…” she said shaking her head in pleasant contempt as they waltzed up to the front desk.

It’s something about hospitals. They must feel like they receptionist has to be the biggest meanest, most uncaring bitch they can find. Then its like the doctors purposefully keep you waiting even when you have an appointment. Seville and Gerard experienced that feeling that day.

After two hours the doctor finally came into the room. The look on his face was one of horror as he stopped mid sentence, “I’m doctor… WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE!”

Seville stood guiltily dressed in a spare lab coat she had found in the room while Gerard sat helplessly wrapped on all sorts of bandages, cotton around his head band aids all over him, cotton swabs sticking out of his nose, a stethoscope beside him on the table, and throwaway thermometer in his mouth.

“Ummm….” Seville said a guilty smile creeping across her face.

“We got bored?” Gerard finished pulling the swabs from his nostrils.

“You should not have done this!” the angry doctor shouted.

“And you should not have kept us waiting,” Seville said snottily, “ Gerard here gets impatient,” she said with a smile sitting down beside the patient Gerard.

It took a few seconds but then an odd thing happened, the doctor laughed, he really laughed, “HA, I’m sorry forgive me I just wow, I needed that, okay im good now… just curious, Seville is it?”

“Yup,” she said cheerfully sticking out her hand.

“Well, Seville, is your patient going to live?” asked the older gentlemanly doctor.

“If he’s lucky?” she said wide eyed, “No…. I’m taking him to the afterlife with me!”

The doctor waited for a response from Gerard.

“Can’t wait Ville.” Gerard said laughing at Seville, “she’s really not totally crazy,”

“Right, Right I’m sure that’s what you tell everyone,” the doctor said

“Don’t believe him doc, he lies, he lies like a rug….”

“You two are funny.. and id love to keep you around all day but im sure that’s not in the plans so lets go ahead and get that cast off you then?”

This off course meant more x-rays, to which the doctor left them to their own devices in finding the radiology room. On their way they hijacked a few wheelchairs for racing purposes, Gerard won; though Seville maintained that it was because he had full use of his hands, in all fairness it was probably true. On the way back to the room they had originally been in they found a air of crutches. What else could they do, but take the crutches so that they could sword fight their way back to the room. Let’s just say that the battle ended in a police escort to the correct room, Seville however, would have decidedly been the winner though.