Unitl I Break

Chapter 31: Professional Blower

“You nerd! I Love it!” Seville said hugging him. “It’s fabulous!”

“You’re fabulous…” Gerard said in an embarrassed manner. “Come on I’ve got more to show you….” He said taking her hand.

“More? How could there be more?”

Gerard laughed as they walked out into the hot sun.

“So am I a hostage?”

“Yup.”

“OKAY! That’s so exciting I’ve never been a hostage before, am I a good hostage?”

“The best hostage I’ve ever had.” Gerard said turning her to face him and pecking her on the forehead

“Have you had many hostages before?” Seville said sticking out her lower lip.

“A few but they , sadly, they didn’t make it.”

“Did you eat them alive?” Seville asked in an upbeat manner as they continued walking the quaint brick road of the trendy town.

“You are an odd one. Seriously Seville how did you get so demented.”

“Have you seen my friends?”

“Point taken. In here…” he said as he held yet another door of an almost invisible building open for Seville.

As she entered she took a long look into Gerard’s eyes, lingering on his scent as she past him. It seemed right. That she should be hanging out with him, she wished it was more….official, but at the same time she new titles made everything different. When things were like this she could be herself, she didn’t have to worry about his every thought, though she did anyways. No this, was, for lack of a better word, perfect. But why was it working out, why was it that her drinking buddy had a heart as well, a heart that she knew was feeling what she was as well.

She looked at him as she entered and Gerard felt like she was reading his soul. Her eyes were simply piercing and pulled his every emotion and every fear from the deep recesses which had buried them to the surface.
She made his heart flutter he felt it quiver beneath his skin, shaking in fear, in nervousness. Why did she like him? Why was she okay with his “quirks” as they were? Whether she did or not, Gerard loved her. He had never felt so free with another person in his entire life, not even his psychiatrist. But he was afraid to put a name on these feeling his heart emitted like light. Names, after all, only make things restricted and complicated; plus he didn’t want to scare her away. She harsh, and crude. She was fun and light hearted.
She was smart and opinionated and enthusiastic, and undaunted but things that make most people cry. And she was without a doubt the love of his life. It was in that instant, Seville peering into Gerard, that he realized that even if she walked out of his life tomorrow he would love her forever.

“You ever blow glass Seville?”

“Would you believe me if I said yes?” she smiled devilishly.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Sweet. You any good.”

“I sir, am from Glass City, and trust me, im the best at blowing.” She said biting her lip seductively as they approached the counter.

“Jesus Seville, why are you so hott. Seriously I can’t control myself around you.” Gerard said feeling the blood pump through, well, lower regions of his body, pulsing was all he could focus on.

“Practice makes perfect.” She said with smile making a disgruntled Gerard groan.

“And here I though I would surprise you, do you wanna do something else then?”

“No why would I?”

“Well I just figured…”

“What that I wouldn’t ant to do something I already know how to do?” Seville looked at him with adoration, “Come on now Gee, do I really look like that girl?”

“All right all right well then let’s do this.”

Gerard asked the boy at the counter if Jeremy was around, apparently he and Jeremy had gone to art school together. From the look of the shop Jeremy must have been quite a big deal gigantic glass sculptures stood everywhere. Seville could only fathom the amount of work he had put into each structure.

“Geez you look like shit.” A scruffy boy with a face full of hair said emerging from the back room. He had hair as black and disheveled as Gerard’s and wore a smock spattered with paint. Gerard and the man embraced a big manly bear hug, “thanks man,. That’s a nice rug on your face.”

“Oh you like that, huh?” he said stroking his chin, posing like Atlas.

“I loathe you. You and your ability to grow facial hair.” Gerard said with warm disgust.

“Oh right so Jeremy I want you to meet my um, my,” Gerard stuttered unsure of the proper introduction but Seville cut him off expertly.

“hey I’m Seville, how are ya?”
“Good thanks, nice to meet you; I didn’t know Gerard had friends, good looking ones at that.” Jeremy looked at Gerard while he said this, Seville blushed.

“Awe thanks, I didn’t know Gerard had friends either.”

“You two better be careful or ill obliterate you in fiction.” Gerard said lighting a cigarette.

“So gee what can I do for you guys?”

“Vases?”

“Sounds good come with me and ill get everything set up.”

They followed him into a big warehouse filled with a kiln and a hot fire. Also in the room was a gigantic chandelier that easily stood 30ft in the air.

“Holy…”

“Shit…” Gerard said finishing Seville’s sentence.

“You like that huh? Yeah I’m working on that for a cruise ship.”

“So how long have you been blowing?”

“That’s not exactly something you ask someone you just met, now is it?” she said with a devious look about her as she set back to work not letting Jeremy distract her.

“I…. I … didn’t… mean,” Jeremy stuttered unsure as to how to respond.

“Jeremy chill, she’s just fucking with you man.”

“Cool” he said laughing it off.

“No, but in all seriousness where I’m from most people have worked with glass, well actually you’ve probably heard of Libby Glass, right?”

“Yeah I have actually I usually use their stuff.”

“Well thats where I’m from.”

“The glass factory?” Gerard asked confused

“Yes Gerard the glass factory, and just like the glass store, if you break it, you bought it.”

“That sucks, my mom never use to let me go into the glass store.”

“I wouldn’t let you in a glass store now.” Jeremy added

“You let me in here.”

“Yes I let you in here in a warehouse far from all of my creations.”

But Gerard was quickly distracted, “Ville what the hell are you making?”

Her ball of glass had grown a good 3 feet in size, a monster of a vase.

“A vase.” She chirped happily.

“How? What? I’m so confused. Dude, why didn’t you show me how to do that?” Gerard asked Jeremy.

“I didn’t show her that, besides it’s not my fault you suck?”

“What is this gang up on Gerard Day? what the hell.” Gerard said happily, but whinely. In his frustration Gerard hit his cool glass carelessly on the floor, “and now mines brokennnn”

Seville and Jeremy proceeded to laugh at his expense.

“I’m glad you think it’s funny because that was for you.”

Having finished blowing hers, and letting cool, Seville walked over to Gee, “awe how sweet, you big oaf! Why’d have to break it!” she said hugging him amid laughter.

“No don’t touch me. You hurt my feelings.”

“I’m sowwy Gee.”

“No you’re not you think was funny. “ Gerard said playfully giving Ville the cold shoulder.

“She pulled away, “okay yeah, you have to admit Gee, it was pretty funny…”

“I hate you.” Gerard said pulling her into his arms.

“No you don’t” she said pecking him on the cheek.

Next, they went to go cut Seville’s creation which was large vase of an amber color that seemed reminiscent of Tuscany. It was long, the tip of it came to round and curled edge at
about three feet tall.

“Hey Jeremy, do you think you could send this somewhere for me?”

“Yeah sure no problem, where too?”

Gerard came back into the store after a short cigarette break he had taken while the cut the glass. Seville was writing the address down when Gerard peered over her shoulder, wrapping his arms tight around her small frame resting his head on her shoulder, “Hey that’s my address!”

“Yeha,” Ville said casually, “I thought you’re grandmother might like it.

Gerard thought to himself: She is incredible, what did I do in my past life to deserve this? I really hope I don’t fuck it up….

“Something wrong Gee? You’ve been awfully quite. You’re not mad at me for ruining you’re surprise earlier are you? I still had fun? Did you?” Seville rambled of afraid she had hurt Gerard.

“No I was just,” Gerard paused a moment, “just thinking. You ready to go?”

“Yup,”

“Jeremy swing by if you can k?”

“Yeah definitely.”

“Nice to meet you Jeremy.”

“Likewise, Ill see you guys later.”