Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number twelve

This Jacob guy was by far the most gorgeous person I had ever seen in my 360 years on this planet. His short black hair was shaggy and cropped on his head, his facial features slightly round but still manly, his lips were a perfect and his eyes were a deep shade of brown. They were the kind of eyes you could lose yourself in without even trying.

The second my eyes connected with his, something happened.
Nothing else seemed to exist at that very moment; it was just me and him.
He was all I could see, my body felt like it was about to explode from this weird pressure filling my insides.

He looked shocked, and I guessed I would be looking the same.

I became slightly aware of the rest of the world again after what seemed like an eternity. I saw Seth wave his hands at me, or Jacob, I didn’t know, but I wasn’t paying attention to that. I was still looking at him, my eyes seemed to be glued to his, something invisible (maybe invisible glue attached to our eyes by an invisibly fairy floating around in Forks?) prevented me from looking away.

Seth seemed to get frustrated with us, because I noticed both Edward and Jasper walking into the kitchen, Edward probably read Seth’s thoughts and Jasper could probably feel the weird form of tension filling the entire room.

“Sapphire?” I heard Edward’s voice say. It sounded like it was a million miles away, but it did bring me back to reality completely.

“Uhm… I’m gonna go get some air” I stuttered out after a few awkward seconds before flying out of the kitchen towards the front door. However, I was stopped by Edward just before I could touch the handle. What was the thing with me and the freaking handle?!

“Where do you think you’re going?” He asked, his voice a little hard.
“I was just going to clear my head a little” I muttered, avoiding his gaze that was piercing my face. He scoffed lightly, “Like we were going to let you go. Would you like to explain what happened first?” I sighted.

Edward, could we just go somewhere a little more private for a minute? I need some time to think about what happened and I don’t want anyone to interfere yet, since I haven’t figured anything out myself

Sure, I guess. Wait for me. I heard his voice whisper in my head before he darted back inside.

Even though it wasn’t necessary at all, I took a deep breath.

What the hell just happened?

Edward came back once I let my breath escape from inside my body again, and he motioned for me to follow him before he took off running. I followed him without any problem, and we ended up in a secluded place deep inside the forest.

He sat down on a large tree that had fell over and patted the seat next to him. I sat down, looking at my shoes, thinking things through quickly so Edward saw what had happened. He sat next to me quietly, not interfering with the story in my head as I thought about what had happened.

When I was done, he sighted lightly. “Do you know what imprinting is, Sapphire?”
I shook my head, a little confused. What would this have to do with this, well, issue?
Edward shifted a bit, facing me. “It’s a werewolf thing. When a werewolf imprints on someone, it means they are their soul mate. It’s like a very absolute form of love at first sight. Their imprints are the most important thing in the world for them, their simply bonded to them” He explained, watching my face carefully to see how I was taking all the information in.

When I put the pieces of the puzzle together, I almost felt like I could faint.

“Let me get this straight, you think this Jacob imprinted on me?”
Edward nodded. “That’s really the only explanation I have for how both of you acted”

“But how can that be? Aren’t werewolves and vampires supposed to be mortal enemies? That’s so totally against nature!” I exclaimed, trying to shove the imprinting theory away from the situation desperately.

I had never kissed a guy before, hell I never hugged one, and now I just happen to find my soul mate after 360 years of loneliness, and he’s a freaking werewolf? I wasn’t ready for this type of commitment, I was inexperienced and a quite afraid of love. I had read enough books to know that ¾ of the time, love was a painful thing which broke hearts easier than anything else in the world. Sure, I didn’t have a heart, but I was sure that I would feel something if love went wrong.

“I don’t know Sapphire. I don’t think anything like this has ever happened before, but let’s not forget that you are half a vampire, that might be why it could happen.” Edward stated.

I groaned, which made Edward chuckle.
I turned around to face him, my anger clearly expressed on my face.
“You think this is funny? What are you, a freaking Satanist?!” I yelled in his face, causing him to laugh harder. I huffed and turned my back to him, telling him I was not happy at all by how he acted.

“I am sorry Sapphire, but you should have seen your face.” Edward said from behind me, still chuckling. I huffed again, “You’re just happy that this could be the turning point.” The chuckling stopped. “What do you mean with that?” He asked. “Well, if Jacob really imprinted on me or something, he will finally leave Bella alone, and that’s good for you” I shrugged as I turned to face him again.

Edward shifted, before nodding slowly. “You’re right about that. But I am sorry that you are now the victim” He said.

I sighted, getting up. Edward followed my lead. “Can you lead the way back to the house? I have a feeling that the others are starting to get worried” I asked him.

He didn’t answer me, he simply took off running. I followed him, and within a very short amount of time the mansion came into view again. Edward was already inside because of his mad running skills, and he left the door open for me.

I hesitated in front of the door for a second, before deciding it would be best to just get this over with. I stepped in to the hall, walking to the living room without thinking about it. It was almost as if something was pulling me there.
Or maybe it was someone

When I walked into the living room, everyone stopped muttering to each other.
Great, make me feel even more awkward…
The first person I really noticed was of course Jacob, standing in the corner of the room looking awkward as well.

“Uhm.. Hi there?” I stated.

Seth chuckled slightly, which got my hopes up a little.

Everyone else just kept staring at me like I was an alien or something. It was starting to irritate me a little.

“People, if you’re just going to stare you might want to take a picture, it will last longer”

Jacob started to laugh really loudly, making everyone focus their attention on him. When he noticed he was being stared at, he shrugged. “It was a classic comeback, you can’t deny that”. Then he looked over at me, and as our eyes connected I felt a shiver run down my spine.

He smiled and made his way over to me.
He didn’t say anything, he just pulled me into a hug.

And it definitely felt right.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one is super long because this story has got 5 STARS!
thank you all so much! <3
special thanks to xXxD3ADxXx, kaylynnjaeannxox, Cindy In Wonderland, XOXingridXOX and sarah3044 for commenting.
xXxD3ADxXx, sorry i kept you waiting so long ;]
comments are love people!
XOXO