Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number fifteen

Before I knew it, it was Monday morning.
I wasn’t going to lie, I was nervous about going to school. I felt like a little kid when Esme told me to be careful and Carlisle patted me on the back, but it got even worse when we were already in the car. I was riding with Edward, Bella and Alice, Rosalie, Jasper and Emmett took Rosalie’s red convertible.

“Do you want me to show you the way to the administration, or will you manage? Do you have money for your lunch? If you can’t handle the pressure, tell one of us immediately and we’ll take you home” All three of them began rattling through each other.

I put my head in my hands. This was going to be a long day.

“No Edward, I’ll find the administration on my own, you told me how to get there about 10 times in the past few hours. Yes Bella, I’ve got enough money on me to buy a penthouse in New York, I think I’ll be able to afford some lunch. Yes Alice, I will do that. Is everyone happy now?”

My voice sounded kind of snappy, but I wasn’t going to apologize for it. They had been bugging me with information about the school and everything around it throughout the night, and I was fed up. Add to that the fact that I missed Jacob more than anything in the world and you get a frustrated SapphireRoberts Cullen.

Edward was focusing on the road, but I could see a small smile forming on his face.
Stop reading my thoughts you bastard I growled in my head.
Aww come on! Your problems are amusing His voice wandered in my head.

I huffed, and Bella turned in her chair and grinned at me. “You can always borrow my power, you know” She joked.

“Ooh believe me, if your boyfriend keeps that stupid smile on his face, I will” I said, crossing my arms over my chest tightly. Edward stopped smiling, obviously because he didn’t want to make my mood even worse.

It was quiet for a moment, and my thoughts drifted back to where I was going. I shivered.

Was it even possible for a vampire to be this nervous?

Alice was watching me from the corner of her eye, and when she saw me shiver her mouth turned into a frown. “Maybe it would’ve been better if she had gotten into a car with Jaz.” She spoke to Edward. Edward checked me through the review mirror. “Maybe you’re right, but we’re almost there. Jasper will be able to calm her then”
Alice nodded and put her hand on my knee. “You’ll do great, Sapphire” She said.
I shot her a small smile, hoping she wasn’t worried about me. Sure, my power allowed me to check, but I promised myself that I would only read people’s thoughts when necessary.

“Here we are!” Bella said as the school crept into view. I bit my lip as we parked near to the main building. Everyone got out, but I was still sitting in the back, glued to the seat. My door opened, and Jasper knelt down, getting our eyes on the same level.

I felt calmness wash over me, and I smiled. Thank God for creating vampires with awesome powers.

He held out his hand for me to take, and I took it without hesitation.
I was ready for this.
The rest of the family surrounded the car, and they all shot me encouraging smiles.
I grinned carelessly, and Emmett laughed. “I thought you said she was scared shitless!” I rolled my eyes and motioned towards Jasper. “He gets all the credit” Emmett patted him on the back. “Good job bro!”

Rosalie rolled her eyes and walked over to me, hooking her arm through mine. “Let’s get you to the administration.” I was about to tell her that I could go there alone, but she shot a light glare at me. Bella stifled a laugh before following the rest of the family into the building.

Rosalie led me to the same building, but we took the first hall right. The woman behind the desk looked up when she heard the door opening. She smiled and started grabbing a few papers. “Sapphire Cullen, I assume?”

I nodded. She handed me my schedule, a locker key, a paper with general information and 6 slips of paper. “Every teacher needs to sign a paper and at the end of the day you have to hand them in again over here. If you have any questions, you can always ask me, but I think the rest of your family will be able to help you as well.” She stated.

I nodded, smiled and let Rosalie drag me to my first lesson, Spanish, which I had with Jasper, Edward and Bella. They stood outside, waiting for me. The rest of the class was already inside. Rosalie squeezed my arm softly before she let go of me, walking to her own class, which was English.

The four of us walked into the classroom, and I couldn’t help but enjoy the attention I got when I walked in and closed the door behind me. The teacher, Miss Gonzalez, smiled at me as I handed her the slip of paper she had to sign.

“Class, this is Sapphire Cullen, our new student. Sapphire, would you mind telling the class and me a little bit about yourself?”

“I’m Sapphire, Edward and Jaspers’ cousin. I like reading, watching movies, and listening music. I’m sixteen and my favorite food is cotton candy.”

“Alright Sapphire, you can take a seat next to Rebecca in the back of the class.”
I walked over to the seat that she had appointed to me. The Rebecca girl looked quite plain, to be honest. Her mousy brown hair fell unto her shoulders dully, her eyes were green and her face didn’t look too spectacular either.

She smiled at me shyly. I smiled back and sat down.

Let the fun begin.

---

I felt a little disappointed when the bell rung after my sixth and last period of the day, Maths. I was eager to learn, and the signal that school was over made me pout. I knew every other teenager would call me crazy, but let’s face it, I wasn’t a normal teenager.

I hadn’t had any problems with controlling my thirst, and I was quite proud of myself. No accidents had happened, I didn’t kill anyone, and people seemed to find me the most interesting thing in their world.

People’s eyes followed me everywhere I went, and their thoughts were quite equal.

Wow, she’s so pretty!, Another Cullen?, I hope she doesn’t have a boyfriend yet, Maybe she’ll give me a shot

I had to roll my eyes at the last ones. I couldn’t even think about being with anyone different than Jacob, and they were planning on how to seduce me.

I went to hand in the slips of paper at the administration with Alice. The woman took them and asked me if I had had a nice day. I told her yes and left with Alice.

While walking to the car where the rest of the Cullen’s was already waiting, my phone began to buzz in the pocket of me jeans. I slipped it out smoothly and saw that I had a new text message, from Jacob

My insides began to swirl, and I didn’t notice that I had stopped walking until Alice called for me. I muttered my apology and caught up with her.

I clicked on ‘open’, and the text revealed itself.
Hey Sapphire. How was school? Did everything go okay? Did you like it? I miss you! xxx Jake

I bit my lip and walked right into Emmett. My phone slipped out of my hand because of the impact, but he caught it before it hit the ground. “Watch it, Sapphire, we wouldn’t want any injuries, now would we?” He said, grinning at me. I took my phone from his hand and got into Rosalie’s car. Jasper and Rosalie were already in there, and after putting my seatbelt on, I began to text Jacob back.

Hi :] School was great, everything went smoothly and to be honest, I liked it a lot. Does that make me weird? I miss you too <3. XX

I started tapping my fingers against the window, impatient for his reply. Before the first wave of the buzz even hit my palm, I had already clicked on ‘open’.

Emmett’s laugh boomed through the car, but I didn’t pay attention to that.

That’s good. Uhm, yeah, that does make you pretty weird. Would you be my weirdo? xxxxx

I bit my lip again as I read what he had to say. My answer was quick though.

Is this your weird, twisted way of asking me to be your girlfriend, Jacob Black?

It took him longer to answer this one, which made me a little nervous. Maybe he didn’t mean it like that at all, maybe he didn’t want me to be his girlfriend.

His reply was different than I had expected.

Can I come over in a few? X
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm incredibly sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out!
i've been very busy with school (and playing harry potter, sue me)
but here it is!

thanks to; emily the strange., crazycay21, jonasbrothers333, brokenarrow, XOXingridXOX, kaylynnjaeannxox and xXxD3ADxXx for commenting <3
i love you guys!
comments is love ;D
XXXXX