Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number sixteen

I was nervous as hell as I waited for Jacob to arrive at the house. The text I send back held a simple ‘Sure’, and I knew he would arrive any minute now. The nervousness I had felt when we drove to school that morning was nothing compared to the nervousness I felt now. I was pacing in front of the large glass windows in the living room, and even though I wasn’t using Bella’s power, Jasper wasn’t able to calm me down at all.

The reason why I was so nervous was because I was afraid Jacob didn’t want me as his girlfriend at all. Maybe he would be coming to break whatever we had off. Maybe he saw the disadvantages of our relationship, and decided that he would try to fall in love with a normal girl.

Possible scenes played themselves over and over in my mind, and I was feeling less hopeless with every second that passed.

Alice moved towards me, and just before she placed her hand on my shoulder to comfort me, the doorbell rung. The noise sounded shrill in my ears, which didn’t really help the situation I was in.

Do you want me to open the door, Sapphire? Edward’s voice filled my head.
I shook my head and bit my lip. Lets just get this over with.

I moved towards the hall swiftly and put my hand on the door handle.

This is it.

I opened the door, and there he was.

He looked more beautiful then I could remember, even with my perfect memory.
I pushed all my nervous thoughts to the back of my mind for a moment and just focused on him. I was hoping I would remember his beauty forever, because I knew I wouldn't be able to face him after what was going to happen soon. It would just hurt too bad.

His eyes were fixed on his shoes, and I bit my lip.
He wouldn’t even look at me, I was hideous.
I wouldn’t dare to read his mind now, knowing that the impolite version of what he was going to tell me was probably hidden in there.

Although the story he was formulating in there would mean the same, I’d rather hear it in a decent way.

He took a deep breath and I knew that if I would’ve been able to, I would’ve cried my eyes out. The fact that what we had would be torn apart before it had even begun was a little too much for me. I wasn’t an emotional person normally, but this situation was unlike anything I had ever experienced.

“Sapphire…” His voice reached my ears sooner than I expected, and I could feel his hot breath on my face. Was he that close?

I hadn’t noticed that I had closed my eyes until he placed a gentle kiss on my left eyelid. I opened my eyes slowly, concluding that he was indeed very close. His warm breath washed over my face in gentle waves every time his breath escaped from his mouth, which was slightly open.

I looked into his gorgeous brown eyes, and he sighted.
“I don’t really know how to put this properly.” He confessed, his eyes looking at everything except my face.

“Just say it, Jake.” I whispered.

He took a deep breath and looked into my eyes.
“Sapphire, even though I have only met you a day ago, what I feel for you is more serious and strong than anything I have ever felt before. I know this may be hard to accept for you, but, I love you, and… Would you be my girlfriend?”

His eyes searched mine to see what me reaction was, and I was sure I looked like a freaking fish. I could feel my mouth opening and closing repeatedly, not quite able to formulate all the things that I wanted to say.

His face turned into a look of hurt, and he grabbed my hands in his. “I know this is hard Sapp, but I don’t think I could live without you by my side anymore.”

Oh my god, and I had been thinking he was going to tell me that we weren’t going to work out.

Even though my mind had already worked this out, my mouth kept opening and closing. Jake saw this as a bad sign, his fingers started fidgeting against mine, and he started babbling.

“I shouldn’t have said that last thing right? Damn it, I knew it would sound too serious and official! Oh man, I screwed up, didn’t I? I’m sorry Sapp. I understand if I creeped you out, do you want me to leave? I’ll go if you want me to!”

His voice had risen a bit with every sentence, and he sounded kinda like he had just breathed in helium.

I bit my lip as I stared at my shuffling feet. He had just asked me to be his girlfriend, hell, he had told me he loved me.

I did the only thing I thought would show him how I felt.
I flung myself at him and pressed my cold lips against his warm ones.

Pure Bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yes, it's a filler.
sorry about the slow update, i really am busy!

I WANT 8 COMMENTS BEFORE I POST THE NEXT CHAPTER.