Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number eight

Alice was all smiles as she led me into the living room, where 7 other vampires were waiting.

You could clearly see that they were all couples, as they were all standing in twos.

The first couple seemed the oldest, so I assumed they were the “parents”.
(Kayla told me about their family construction.)
The woman had chestnut brown hair that framed her heart-shaped face, the man standing next to her had golden blond hair and a very handsome face.

The second couple consisted of a model and a bodybuilder. At least, that’s what they looked like. The girl had blond hair that fell to her middle and a beautiful figure, the boy looked big with short, brown hair.

The third couple looked perfect for each other. The boy had bronze hair that sat on his head in a messy coupe. He was quite tall and very handsome. The girl standing next to him had dark brown hair which was about the same length as mine, and a divine face.

One boy was standing alone, but by the way his eyes lit up when Alice walked into the room I observed that they belonged together too. He was tall and lean with honey blond, wavy hair. Something that kind of disturbed me was that his face was covered with tiny scars. I was immediately interested in the story behind them.

They all looked so in love with each other that it almost hurt

“Okay guys, this is Sapphire, the girl I told you about” Alice said.
They all muttered their hi’s and I smiled and gave them a little wave.

“This are Carlisle and Esme” She said motioning to the couple which I thought seemed the oldest. I walked over to them to shake their hand. Carlisle shook my hand politely and Esme pulled me into a hug, which made me smile.

“This are Rosalie and Emmett”
I walked over to the model and the bodybuilder ,shook both of their hands and smiled.
“Welcome to Forks!” Emmett said, and a second later his booming laughter filled the house. I laughed along with the rest of the family.

“This are Edward and Bella”
Bella stepped over to me before I even had a chance to move and pulled me into a light hug which I returned. Edward stood behind her waiting till she pulled away. He then stepped forward and shook my hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Sapphire” He said

“Same here” I replied.

“And this is Jasper” Alice said as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, staring at his face lovingly.

He smiled at me and stuck out his hand, which I shook.
“Nice to finally meet you” He said.

“It’s really nice to finally meet all of you too” I replied.
Then I turned my attention back to Alice.

“Alice, could you explain to my how you saw me coming? ‘Cause I’m kinda confused to be honest” I stated sheepishly.

Alice giggled and unwrapped herself from Jasper. She walked over to me and took my hand. “Let’s sit down while I tell you” She said as she led me over to a sitting room which held a loveseat, an armchair and 3 couches.

I sat down on one of the couches, Alice sat next to me, and next to her was Jasper.
Edward and Bella took the loveseat and Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle and Esme sat on the other couches.

Alice started her story.
“So, as you know, we’re vampires. We all know what vampires can do, but Jasper, Edward, Bella and myself have an extra special gift. Jasper can control emotions, so when you’re upset he can calm you down, Edward can read thoughts, Bella can form some sort of shield, Edward can’t hear her thoughts and other gifts from other vampires don’t affect her either, and I can see the future under certain circumstances.”

“That’s so cool! I wish I could do something like that!” I exclaimed, which made all of them laugh.

I wonder how old she is, Edward’s voice whispered in my head.

“I was sixteen when I was turned, and I’m 360 in vampire years” I replied to his question. His eyes widened and the rest of the family looked at me in surprise.
“Uhm, that’s what you asked, right? How old I was?” I said, a bit embarrassed.
“Edward didn’t ask anything” Carlisle said, looking at me strangely.

“No, but I thought it.” Edward said, interest and confusion filling his dark, topaz eyes. My eyes widened. “But, I don’t have any special gifts” I whispered.

We were all silent for a few seconds, thinking of possibilities of what could be going on. Carlisle broke the silence.
“Sapphire, could you try to block Edward while he tries to read your mind?” He asked me.

“Uhm, I guess” I said, looking over at Edward who also didn’t seem to understand the plan. Edward turned to Carlisle, who nodded at him. Then he focused on me again.

So now I block him?

I didn’t really know what to do, so I just kinda sat there, thinking of how brilliant this family was.

Edward’s eyebrows furrowed. “I can’t hear anything."
Everyone, including me, was even more surprised.
“Carlisle, what does this mean?” Bella asked.
Everyone turned to Carlisle, wanting to hear his opinion on things.

“I think that Sapphire has the ability to use the gifts of the people surrounding her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW THIS STORY HAS 3 STARS!
thank you all so much!
special thanks to XdaniXgoreX, brokenarrow, sarah3044, Silver Rose and Cindy In Wonderland for commenting on the last chapter :D
Cindy In Wonderland, I really like your name haha.
Alice in Wonderland rules!

And XdaniXgoreX, thank you for saying that this story is different in a good way!
that's really nice to hear :D

all comments are appreciated!
XOXO!