Dead!

They Pity Me

"Did it hurt?" Gerard asked.

"Yeah, but when I started to fade away, everything felt numb." I replied.

"I can't even imagine what you've been through, I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be sorry Gerard. You didn't do anything."

"I guess, and call me Gee." He smiled. I nodded and he pulled out his sketchbook. I watched him draw. I really liked watching him draw. He was amazing.

"Gee?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"Does Ryan hate me?" He sighed and put down his pencil and turned to me.

"Hun, it may seem like that. But once this is all over, he'll be so thankful you were there to help him. He'll love you for getting him through this." He smiled. I nodded, when a headache came rushing to the back of my head. I saw Brendon flash before my eyes.

"Gee, where's Brendon!?" I asked fractically.

"About to get on a bus to the mall. Why?" I didn't bother answering the question. I jumped off the bunk and ran out of the bus as fast as I could and opened my wings. I lifted into the air and searched frantically for the nearest bus. I saw a white RTA and a dove down and touched Brendon's arm. I was still unseen and he shivered at my touch.

"Brendon, don't." I whispered. He stopped, looking at the bus doors.

"Kid, you getting on or what?" The bus driver asked. He stood there for a moment.

"Um, no thanks man. Not today." He replied and ran off to the bus. I followed him in, watiching him breath for air.

"Brendon, you okay?" I asked, coming out of hiding so he can see me.

"Why did you do that? You scared the crap out of me!?" He yelled. Why was he yelling at me?

"Brendon, why are you mad?" I asked.

"You can't just whisper into people's ears to not get on a bus!" He yelled, as if giving mea lecture. I stood up and turned on the television to the news. There, in the breaking news category, the bus Brendon would have got on, crashed and was endulged in flames.

"Would you have rather been in an inferno right now?" I asked softly before floating out of the bus and towards the venue. I watched the guys set up, and the crew test equipment.

"Okay, I know you're around here somewhere." I heard Gee say, looking around the boxes of speakers. I moved away, wanting to be alone and headed to the closest door I could find. I ran in and locked it. I came out of my invisibility and looked into the mirror. All of a sudden, Ryan appeared behind me. I jumped and gasped.

"Here to baby me again?" He asked, before sitting down on the couch and taking a sip of water. I sighed. Nobody wants me here. Nobody cares. They pity me, all the ones that are nice to me. The others want me gone.

"I'm really sorry." I said, a tear rolling down my cheek. He looked up as I went to turn away.

"Wait...Are you okay?" He asked, more sincere now.

"I'm fine. Go ahead and go back to what you were doing." I whispered before floating through the heavy door. I started to walk, unseen, down the hall and I heard the door open.

"Wait! Come back!" He yelled. He pitied me. All of them did. I headed towards the bus and layed down on the couch. Saving people's lives isn't always a walk in the park. I sighed and watched some of the guys walk in and look around before heading back out.

I should have never revealed myself. Everything would have been okay. I'm going back to being invisible. No one will see me, maybe hear me, but not see me. They'll think I just left and won't have to worry anymore.

I looked down at my pale arms, covered in scars, and sighed. I put a hand over my chest where my heart was. I felt no beat, I felt no pulse. I felt nothing. I was dead. Dead is what I was.

I waited there until the show was over and watched the guys pile into the bus and collapse on the couch.

"Guys, have you seen Clarissa?" Gee asked.

"No, haven't seen her." Jon answered.

"I saw her in one of the dressing rooms. I asked if she was there to baby me, she seemed sad. She walked away, I tried to stop her but when I opened the door she was gone." Ryan replied.

"Why was she sad?" Bob asked.

"Um, I kind of got mad at her..." Brendon trailed off.

"You what?"

"I was about to get on a bus, and someone whispered in my ear to not get on. So I ran back to the bus, scared shitless, and she appeared out of nowhere. I thought she was just messing with me, so I got mad and yelled at her. Then she turned on the T.V. an it showed the bus I was supposed to get on covered in flames because it crashed. Then she walked away." Brendon explained.

"Clarissa? You in here?" Pete called.

"Give it up Pete, she's gone." Joe replied softly.

"No she isn't." Ryan said confidently. Everyone turned and looked at him, he smirked.

"What do you mean?" Gee asked.

"She's not gone, because she's right there." He smiled, pointing directly at me. My eyes widened and moved placed. "Now she moved." He smirked.

"Wait, how do you know this?" Spencer asked, confused.

"It's that weed. It really gets to you sometimes." Ryan joked and stood up and walked infront of me and knealed down. "Why are you scared?" He whispered so softly only I could hear.

"Go away." I whispered back.

"Come with me. Come talk with me." He whispered again. Putting a hand on mind, only for it to sink through and hit the fabric of the couch.

"No. You pity me. All of you do. You don't want me here." I confessed.

"Shh, come with me." He said. There's that soothingness of his voice that forced me to go with him. I stood up and fled to the bunks. He turned back and winked at the guys before following me and shuting the door behind him.

"How can you see me?" I asked.

"I can't see you. I feel you. I can tell where you are." He replied and sat on his bunk.

"How?"

"I don't know. I felt that way before I even knew you were here." He answred honestly.

"I'm sorry I babied you." I said softly, putting my head down, even though he couldn't see me.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that. I was an asshole. I was just mad because some idiot broke my guitar earlier."

"Okay, but Brendon still hates me. I mean, I didn't mean to scare him. I was trying to protect him." I started to sob, mid-sentence.

"Shh, don't worry. He's happy he's alive. Dont cry. I don't like seeing people cry."

"You can't see me."

"Okay, I don't like hearing people cry." He said. I re-visioned myself and sat down next to him. "Now I can see you." He smiled and wiped away a tear. I looked away and tried to hide my happiness, I mean, the love of my life was wiping away my tears.

He rubbed my back softly before laying back on the bed. He sighed and stared at the cieling. It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep. I made myself invisable again and layed down next to him, keeping my distance.