‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Morning problems

That night I didn’t sleep very well. I had dreams about Demik and they made me more then guilty about being with Kryce so much already. It had taken me a good hour, maybe three, to shake off the dreams when I woke up in the morning.

After getting dressed and having a shower, I went downstairs to make my kids breakfast before school. Only when I reached the kitchen, the older twins were already making breakfast. Well there goes my job, what else were they going to take over?

“Morning.” I called as I walked fully into the kitchen/dining room area.

“Morning daddy!” Tora said running over and hugging me.

“Morning.” James said from the table.

“Uh huh.” the other twins muttered in response.

I let go of Tora and sat her back down at the table so I could help make breakfast. But as I reached the stove to take over cooking the pancakes, Nika got in my way and continued making them.

I tried helping out with whatever they were cooking but neither of them would let me. I tried for five minutes before I finally got fed up with their blocking.

“What the hell is your problem?” I asked roughly turning them to face me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Shy.” Nika answered.

“Oh you don’t?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Stop acting like a dumb bitch and tell me why the hell I can’t do anything to help out?” I asked angrily.

“We don’t need your help. After you never being around, we[ got used to looking after your kids without any other help from you. We don’t need it, ok? We don’t need you!” Nika shouted at me.

“James, Tora, upstairs, now.” I said without looking at them. Once I heard them leave the room I continued tearing into the twins. “What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I am their father, and if anything, we don’t need you!

“Sure, who was there when you wouldn’t come out of your room because you were either passed out drunk or too depressed to even move? We were. We basically raised your kids for a year while you had your mental breakdown.” Nika shouted.

“You know what, I want you out of here by the weekend, got it? I’m giving you three days to find a place, if not, you’re on the streets, I don’t give a fuck anymore. I’m tired of you influencing my kids the wrong way.” I shouted right back.

“You can’t take care of them by yourself. You never could, what are you going to do without us?” she asked venomously.

“I can take care of them, and if I need the help, then I can call Kryce.”

“Oh, you’re new fuck toy, how long is that going to last? It won’t be long until he sees what a lost cause you are and leaves you sorry ass. You’re not worth it!” Marcy shouted, finally putting something into the “conversation”.

“Get the fuck out of here. Now! Don’t come back unless it’s to get your things. Now go!” I shouted pointing to the door.

They shot hate filled glares my way before grabbing their coats and purses, putting on their shoes, then walking out the door. I sighed when I heard the door slam and damn near collapsed onto on of the kitchen chairs.

I sat there for a while before I heard two sets of feet coming down the stairs, followed by two very timid voices.

“Daddy…are you ok?” Tora asked.

“Why did you yell at them?” James asked.

I sighed and looked up at them slowly. Tora looked like she had been crying, and James, even though he would never admit it, looked like he had been crying too. I always babied them too much I guess. They act a bit younger then they actually are, so sooner or later I would have to break out of the habit of babying them.

“I’m just tired of them living with us, so I sent them home. I want it to be how it used to be, ok? Just us.” I said softly taking their hands gently.

“Ok daddy.” Tora said smiling a little.

“You didn’t have to be so loud about it though.” James said laughing.

“I know, I’m sorry about that. How about we go out to dinner?”

“Just us?” Tora asked.

I shook my head slowly. “No, Kryce will be coming too, I would like you to meet his daughter. Is that ok?” I asked both of them.

“I guess so.” James replied.

“Fine.” Tora replied.

“Ok, give me a minute so I can call him. Go and do something, ok?” They nodded and ran up the stairs to go find something to do. I dialed Kryce’s number and waited nervously for him to pick up.

“Hello?”

This time he was the one to pick up, so I was a little more comfortable. “Hey, it’s Shylar. What do you say about going to dinner tonight? All five of us?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update for today, might be 2 more...but it depends on how I feel.

People who commented:
im.blueberry
Hayley_Horizon


More comments???