‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Intro

“Tora, James, get up!” I called up the stairs. I was busy making a quick breakfast. If those two didn’t get up soon they would be late for school.

“Daddy I’m up, James is trying to go back to sleep though.” Tora said as she walked into the kitchen.

“Babe, you want to go drag him out of bed?” I asked turning to Demik who sat at the kitchen table.

“But I just sat down!” he protested. I gave him a look and he got up again. “Fine. James, you better be out of bed by the time I get up there or I’m throwing water on you!” he called as he started up the stairs.

“So, what’s for breakfast?” Tora asked looking at the stove.

“Eggs, French toast, bacon. Anything else you want?” I asked looking down at her.

“Nope.” she said popping the P.

“Ok, then here you go.” I handed her a plate with her breakfast on it. “Careful, still hot.

“Daddy, I’m ten, I know these things.” she said smiling at me.

“I know, but you’ll always be my baby girl. Right?” I asked leaning down and offering my cheek to her.

She gave me a small kiss then sat down at the table. “Yep, I’ll always be your little girl daddy.” she smiled at me before starting to eat.

James came shuffling down the stairs soaking wet and looking rather pissed off. “Water again?” I asked him.

“The soaking wet clothes gave it away didn’t it?” he asked sarcastically.

I laughed and nodded as I handed him a plate with his breakfast on it. He sat down at the table as well as Demik was just coming into the kitchen.

“I warned him didn’t I?” he asked smiling.

“That you did. But please, I don’t want to have to change his sheets every other day because you keep throwing water on him. So please, do something else?” I asked giving him a quick kiss.

“Ewe, daddy, gross!” Tora squealed.

“Tora eat your breakfast.” Demik said looking at her briefly.

“Gosh Tora, it’s not like we don’t see that every morning, get used to it, there’s nothing wrong with it.” I looked at James questioningly. It sounded like…hmm, never mind then, I thought to myself.

They finished breakfast and went back upstairs to get ready for school. About ten minutes later I was getting into the car with the twins and starting to drive them to school. I was basically the stay at home dad…well, mum. Demik was working steadily and I was only called in sometimes. They had gotten another full time singer in my band but when they needed me for my vocal expertise or my skills at piano, I was called in. It didn’t bother me, it gave me more time to work on my solo album.

I pulled the car up to the curb in front of the school. I turned around and gave the twins a kiss on the cheek and waved them off before heading home. I don’t know what I was going to do today, but I might just work on a new song. But I got a surprise instead when I walked in the house.

“Baby? What are you doing still home? You should be at work.” I said hugging Demik tightly.

“I have the day off, thought I’d surprise you.” he said giving me a kiss.

“Oh/ What kind of surprise?” I asked holding him close to me by his hips.

“Well…what did we always do to pass the time when we laid in bed at night unable to sleep?” he said running his hands up and down my sides before squeezing my ass gently.

“Hmm, I know where you’re going with this. Six hours, alone, no kids…this could be fun.” I pulled him closer and started kissing him like we’d never done it before. It was going to be a fun day for sure. I get him all to myself…and yes…I did mean that in the sexual way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just boring stuff for this one. But you can see how Tora is a daddy's girl and James is rather indifferent about everything.

Comments please people? I need the motivation.