‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Date

After talking to our kids about the date, and what we expected of them, we left for the restaurant. I was worried about leaving the twins with Maseera but Kryce kept reassuring me. I guess they were old enough to be left without me for a couple hours. I babied them too much, or so Kryce told me.

We ended up going to this pretty fancy place downtown. It was mostly adult oriented but they allowed kids in on special reservations….sometimes. It’s not like it sounds with the whole adult thing. It’s just that it’s a high class place mostly for couples on dates. And sometimes kids could be annoying when other people are on a date, hence the adult only kind of thing going on.

When we had our table I looked around at the place fully. There were a few main lights, but the tables were all lit with candlelight, there was one of those waterfall like decorations behind the bar and in the lounge area - where we were - and for the most part there were only female waitresses.

“Are you sure you can afford this place?” I asked Kryce after I finished looking around.

He laughed and grasped my hand lightly over the table. “I’m sure.”

We sat talking about random things for a few minutes before a waitress came to our table with menus.

“Anything to drink?” she asked in a fake upbeat tone.

“Red wine.” I replied. Kryce ordered the same.

“Ok. Please don’t be too open about yourselves though, some people don’t take to well to it.” she muttered before walking off.

“Is it me, or does she seem like a bitch?” I asked Kryce.

He laughed. “She does, doesn’t she?”

I nodded and looked up to see the waitress coming back with our drinks.

“Don’t think I’m being rude, it’s the other people you have to worry about.” she tilted her head to a table not far from us as she spoke.

And sure enough, we were getting glares from this older couple for simply holding hands over the table. I gave them a sickly sweet smile then flipped them off when the waitress had left and wasn’t looking.

“You’re so pleasant to old people.” Kryce laughed.

“Meh, they’re being rude. People should be able to be with who they want in public and not have to worry about people like that.” I said nonchalantly.

He nodded and gave me a small smile just before a different waitress showed up to take our orders. We placed our orders and the waitress took the menus and walked away.

“So, why’d you pick this place?” I asked.

He smiled and squeezed my hand lightly. “You deserve it.”

“Not really.” I muttered before taking a sip of wine.

“Yeah you do. After all the bad things that have happened to you, you still find time to be there for your kids. You deserve something like this once in a while.”

I blushed and looked down at the table. We talked about more random topics while we waited for a dinner and occasionally flirted. Kryce only released my hand when our food came. And once we were done he grabbed it again as we walked up to the till area to pay.

Once on our way back a thought struck me. “I kind of want to drink tonight.” I said laughing slightly.

“Oh really? And what exactly do you have in mind?” Kryce raised an eyebrow in interest.

“Well my house is damn near soundproof in all rooms except for the kids’ so they won’t know what’s going on.” I said quietly.

He laughed and smiled at me. “Sounds good to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it's been a while and I'm sorry. I've been busy with the boyfriend and schoolwork.

Just so you know, this story will be coming to an end soon, but I will have another part up soon. It will be rather short, but it will be from Tora and James' points of view. and it will take up right where this one leaves off, so I hope you'll all like it.

People who commented:
Rosey.
twilight. JONAS!!!!!
Jennyboo23
Rainbow.Dust.
amadella


I would've liked to get more comments on this story before I end it. This one is like the same length as Made to be, but I didn't get as many comments, so it's a little sad. Please comment and make me happy again????