‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

The truth hurts more then the lies you've lived

It was about two months after Demiks passed away and I was still moping in my own time. When the kids were around I pretended like I was alright for their sake, but as soon as they left for school I was a mess again. It was hard to act happy around them, but I had to.

Katie came by almost everyday when our kids were at school. She tried to help me, but I guess I was already too far gone in a way. But at least she tried, it helped in a small way. Kita, her daughter, was over almost every day as well. But I guess that’s how our newest problem started.

*Flasback*

“Is uncle Shylar going to be ok mum?” Kita asked Katie.

Katie shook her head. “I’m not too sure baby. He and uncle Demik were…well they were closer then me and daddy are. They were the best of friends for years before getting together.” she said kneeling down in front of Kita.

“Oh…wait…what? Uncle Shylar and uncle Demik…?” Kita looked confused. Her over developed mind processed it for a moment before she looked at her mum in shock. “They were gay? That’s not right, it’s so gross. How can Tora and James stand that, it’s so wrong!” Kita shouted at her mum.

I was pretending to be asleep at the time but when I heard that, I flinched and had to force myself to not go and yell at her. But Katie beat me to it.

“Now listen here Kita. They loved each other very much, they grew up together and they raised to wonderful children together. So what if they’re gay? I have a lot of friends who are like that. Alexxs, Nika and Marcy, Jazmine and Vanessa. You know all of them, so if you think Shylar and Demik are wrong then you wouldn’t have approved of your own parents when we were in high school.” Damn was she pissed, I did not want to be Kita at that moment.

“Yeah, whatever. It’s still wrong. In the bible it says a man and a woman are to be married and have children. Not two faggot men!” Next thing I knew Kita had gotten a slap across the face from her mother.

“You will not say that word in front of me, or anyone I may associate with. Do you understand? And you will not, or so help me I will ground you, you will not tell anyone, about Tora and James’ fathers, do you got that little one?” she said roughly.

“Yes mum, not a word.”


*End flashback*

I shuddered at the memory of Kita’s words. I would’ve been harsher then Katie had, but I had no right. Kita wasn’t my daughter. It was my responsibility to look after Tora and James, not anyone else’s kid. And my responsibility of Tora and James, meant I had to tell them the truth now. I didn’t want to, but I had to.

I was sitting on the couch when they got home from school. I called them into the room and sat them down on the other couch partially across from me. They looked confused…well, Tora did, James just didn’t seem to care.

“Kids…I have to tell you something very, very important. It’s hard for me because me and your other father have kept this from you for your entire lives…well, as long as we’ve known you for anyways.” I started. I looked between them and tried to force a smile.

“Ok, what it is daddy?” Tora asked quietly.

I sighed and ran a hand through my now shoulder length hair. “You…ok…you and James…aren’t…our real children. We adopted you when you just barely a year old.” I waited for the yelling to start but it didn’t. I peeked through my hair and seen James smiling. Tora was confused, but was trying to smile as well.

“Dad, I knew that. Two m en can’t have biological children without having been with a woman before. It’s no surprise that we’re adopted. Besides, we don’t look anything like you or our other dad, it kind of gave it away.” he said laughing slightly.

“Oh…now I get it…so…we don’t have a mommy?” Tora asked.

Me and James laughed for a moment, before I answered her. “No, you do Tora, I just don’t know who she is, and I don’t know who your real father is either.”

“No! You’re my real daddy because you raised us, not them.” She jumped up and ran over and plopped herself down on my lap. James came over too and sat on my lap as well.

“I think you are a little big for both of you to sit on my lap.” I laughed.

“No we’re not daddy!” Tora squealed.

“Ok, whatever you say honey.” I said laughing. “Now go do your homework, I’ll call you when dinner’s ready.”

They jumped off my lap and raced each other upstairs. I laughed and as soon as they were gone my smile faded swiftly. They took it a hell of a lot better than I thought they would, but it still hurt to tell them. But I know it would hurt me more if I let them go on without knowing the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the last chapter, i got a few unhappy comments from you, but i'll try to make this a happy story again...but for the next 6 chapters or so it's going to be full of drama and hurt and all that fun stuff

thanks for commenting:
vivalacookiemonster
Jennyboo23
yes jenny, i know i suck, you told me that in a message as well, did you really need to put it in a comment as well?
Ms.Hopeless_Savage sorry you're mad at me, but it will get better, i promise