Australia

Chapter Three

Samantha’s POV
As the guys burst onto stage with Pushing Me Away, I was surprised I didn’t pass out. Joe walked straight up the middle of the catwalk, leaned back with arms out, brought the microphone to his mouth and shouted harmoniously, “You’re pushing me away.” After Pushing Me Away finished, Nick approached and started belting out the opening lines to “Just Friends.”

I was gripping the barrier with one hand and Tasha’s hand with the other; singing at the top of my lungs. The concert went on. The boys performed “Year 3000” and “That’s Just The Way We Roll” before Nick sat down on a stool with an acoustic guitar; Joe sat in the center and Kevin beside him. They produced three of the softer songs; “When You Look Me in the Eyes” “A Little Bit Longer” (for which, Nick sat at the piano and sang alone) and “Hello Beautiful.” I cried like a baby through all three. They sang “Love Bug,” “Can’t Have You” and then ripped it up with “Burnin’ Up.” Big Rob rapped his bit making us all laugh and dance along with him. They then departed the stage. It couldn’t be over already, could it? Someone started a chant and it ripped through the crowd.

“JoBros! JoBros! JoBros!” the crowd called, both from excitement and desperation to see them again.

As if by suit the three of them came running out. They had changed their outfits slightly. Joe’s I noticed most. He had taken off his suit jacket, leaving a black muscle shirt. I had to breathe deeply, I’m not going to lie. He walked up to his microphone.

“You didn’t think you were getting rid of us that easy did you?” he smiled at the crowd, at no one in particular. My heart did a back flip. Oh my gosh.

The tune of “S.O.S.” started blasting through the speakers. Nick’s voice filled the arena. I watched Joe as he danced, biting his lip as he did so. He then broke into the chorus, jumping up and down. The crowd rippled with the same movement. It was hard jumping in heels. They then played through “Much Better.” I could hear the emotion in Joe’s voice as he sang.

I got a rep for breakin' hearts
Now I'm done with Super Stars
And all the tears on her guitar
I'm not bitter.


He walked up to the front of the catwalk again, and bent over dramatically; he scanned his hand over the crowd as he sang.

Now I see everything I'd ever need
Is the girl in front of me
She's Much Better.


He winked at Tash before dancing his way back to his brothers. I knew it. I hated Tash for being prettier than me.
I didn’t stay mad for long. The boys moved on to “Poison Ivy” which broke into “BB Good.” The crowd danced and sang along with Joe. His smile didn’t fade from his face once.

“Hey,” Joe called to the crowd. “How you guys doing?”

The crowd broke into screams, whistles and yells. Joe laughed.

“I bet you’ve all heard of our movie “Camp Rock?” he asked us, causing a cheer to rip through the crowd again. “Okay! Well, then I expect you to all sing to this one. This is Play My Music.” He laughed before chucking his microphone to a guy at the sidelines. He then did a run up and cart wheeled. I fanned myself while the crowd squealed. “Play My Music” went off hitch free and then exploded into “World War Three.” I grinned as I sang along. I loved that song.